Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

KouLeifoh

Download — SAM Morphs for RaceMenu

Author

So with this being released, I decided to jump on the SE bandwagon and give it a try for the first time.

I set everything up and noticed that with the latest version of RaceMenu (0-2-4), SAM armors do not scale properly with this, but when I go back a version to 0-2-3, they do. Am I alone in this experience?

Great work as always, the only request I do have is an option for Samson / Samuel morph without skeleton scaling as well? I suppose ultimately it doesn't matter that much as I can just edit the slider myself to get closer to the vanilla scaling.

Author

Amazing work, I just have a few things to point out:

• Overlays for NPCs are disabled by default in skee64.ini and have to be enabled manually. You might want to add this to the description; it will probably save some people some headaches.
  • The BodyGen feature does not work if you have XPMSSE installed, as its own BodyGen settings override this one's. To fix this, you can move the BodyGen files to this mod's folder instead of /Skyrim.esm/ and so on. Since XPMSSE uses All settings and this uses explicit actor-based settings, this will override it if it's lower in the load order.
  • Armors do indeed not scale properly with RaceMenu 0-2-4. Even with 0-2-3, some specific armors still do not scale.
  • To deal with the genital seam when using hair overlays, might I suggest adding a texture option with smooth body but the hairiest genitals available to SAM Light? That way, however hairy you make the body, the seam should be hidden by the hair. Hymnaru's 3MW textures available here do something similar.

Author
Author of the topic Posted
8 hours ago, air said:

I set everything up and noticed that with the latest version of RaceMenu (0-2-4), SAM armors do not scale properly with this, but when I go back a version to 0-2-3, they do. Am I alone in this experience?

I was developing and testing it on 0.2.3.  The code was being finalized right when 0.2.4 was released.  There may be some internal changes to skee that affects the code.  I'll need to do more testing on 0.2.4 to see where the exact issue lies.

6 hours ago, rhavik said:

Great work as always, the only request I do have is an option for Samson / Samuel morph without skeleton scaling as well? I suppose ultimately it doesn't matter that much as I can just edit the slider myself to get closer to the vanilla scaling.

I can add that as a simple toggle in the next update.

3 hours ago, Melesse said:

Amazing work, I just have a few things to point out:

• Overlays for NPCs are disabled by default in skee64.ini and have to be enabled manually. You might want to add this to the description; it will probably save some people some headaches.
  • The BodyGen feature does not work if you have XPMSSE installed, as its own BodyGen settings override this one's. To fix this, you can move the BodyGen files to this mod's folder instead of /Skyrim.esm/ and so on. Since XPMSSE uses All settings and this uses explicit actor-based settings, this will override it if it's lower in the load order.
  • Armors do indeed not scale properly with RaceMenu 0-2-4. Even with 0-2-3, some specific armors still do not scale.
  • To deal with the genital seam when using hair overlays, might I suggest adding a texture option with smooth body but the hairiest genitals available to SAM Light? That way, however hairy you make the body, the seam should be hidden by the hair. Hymnaru's 3MW textures available here do something similar.

I figured the overlays might be an issue with the default settings and the textures themselves.  Due to server issues with large files at the moment, I'm trying to keep updates to SAM Light at a minimum.  The recent update took me 5 tries to successfully upload it (155mb).  The bulk of the filesize is due to using 40% of the original SAM textures.  I may just split it up so future updates can be much smaller since the base textures won't change.

I nearly forgot about the BodyGen All setting that's used in XPMSSE since I don't use it.  For the next update, I'll add a second BodyGen option to have the morphs attached to this mod instead to prevent overrides from other mods.

As for the armor scaling, check the logs to see if the morphs were successfully loaded.  While testing on 0.2.3, I've noticed that some morphs failed to load for one of the refit packs available here due to wrong .tri location or invalid morph data.  Messages about zero multipliers is normal for .tri using the old format and shouldn't affect morphing ability.

Author

One final thing that I just noticed: the BodyGen morphs are all class-based specified values, not ranges. Even the 'random' genital morphs are some specific values. Just to be sure, you are aware that you can specify ranges, like '[email protected]:1.0' in the templates, right?

Author
5 minutes ago, Melesse said:

One final thing that I just noticed: the BodyGen morphs are all class-based specified values, not ranges. Even the 'random' genital morphs are some specific values. Just to be sure, you are aware that you can specify ranges, like '[email protected]:1.0' in the templates, right?

That's intentional.  The specific values for class-based morphs are based off of what SAM used.  I expanded that to cover other classes.  I tried setting it to random using the class as a max, but every NPC ended up feeling the same regardless of class.  It kind of defeated the purpose.  Also, a random value in a range will result in a number like 0.123456789.. which looks messy in RaceMenu.  In the case of the genitals, the numbers I listed for BodyGen are the valid numbers I want it to use when picking a random morph.  The foreskin morph has to be a value of 0.0 or 1.0.  Anything in between will show the foreskin partially embedded in the penis (its hiding spot).  Aside from the foreskin, you're free to modify the values however you like. ?

I figured out what the issue was with RaceMenu SE 0.2.4 and the armor refits.  Support for the older .tri format was removed when skee was updated for optimization.  If you're using the latest SAM Light or High Poly SAM, equip a refitted armor but leave the hands empty.  As you change Samson/Samuel morphs, you can see that the hands will morph but not the armor.  I used the newer .tri format in the latest updates for SAM Light, High Poly SAM, and HDT-BBB.  It's easy to convert the .tri files to the newer format, but it's really tedious.  You basically load the refitted armor in Outfit Studio, load its .tri morph, and then export the .tri morph.  Oldrim can use either format, but it seems SE users will need to use the newer format going forward.

44 minutes ago, KouLeifoh said:

That's intentional.  The specific values for class-based morphs are based off of what SAM used.  I expanded that to cover other classes.  I tried setting it to random using the class as a max, but every NPC ended up feeling the same regardless of class.  It kind of defeated the purpose.  Also, a random value in a range will result in a number like 0.123456789.. which looks messy in RaceMenu.  In the case of the genitals, the numbers I listed for BodyGen are the valid numbers I want it to use when picking a random morph.  The foreskin morph has to be a value of 0.0 or 1.0.  Anything in between will show the foreskin partially embedded in the penis (its hiding spot).  Aside from the foreskin, you're free to modify the values however you like. ?

I figured out what the issue was with RaceMenu SE 0.2.4 and the armor refits.  Support for the older .tri format was removed when skee was updated for optimization.  If you're using the latest SAM Light or High Poly SAM, equip a refitted armor but leave the hands empty.  As you change Samson/Samuel morphs, you can see that the hands will morph but not the armor.  I used the newer .tri format in the latest updates for SAM Light, High Poly SAM, and HDT-BBB.  It's easy to convert the .tri files to the newer format, but it's really tedious.  You basically load the refitted armor in Outfit Studio, load its .tri morph, and then export the .tri morph.  Oldrim can use either format, but it seems SE users will need to use the newer format going forward.

Ouch, so that racemenu update broke most of the armor on the Nexus and elsewhere for SSE?

Author
16 minutes ago, infiniteone said:

Ouch, so that racemenu update broke most of the armor on the Nexus and elsewhere for SSE?

If the morphs were originally exported from Outfit Studio, then they should still work.  That covers basically all female body and armor mods.  Refits for SAM using the old method with Rebol/BodyMorph will need to be updated.

35 minutes ago, KouLeifoh said:

If the morphs were originally exported from Outfit Studio, then they should still work.  That covers basically all female body and armor mods.  Refits for SAM using the old method with Rebol/BodyMorph will need to be updated.

Damn, im reverting back to 0-2-3 racemenu lol, that sounds like its going to be a huge undertaking!  Maybe if we all chip in we can knock it out together faster.

Also I cant seem to tell if its letting me use the Citrus heads I ported or not either, racemenu wont allow my to slide the Head Part slider, so I need to test that on the last racemenu release too. 

Edited by infiniteone

Author

I've been slowing going through all the vanilla armor and preparing them for a refitting from scratch.  It's something I've been meaning to do for an integration with High Poly SAM anyway without having to worry about permissions and fixing someone else's refits.

On 8/24/2018 at 3:17 PM, KouLeifoh said:

Hello.

Thank you for this new plug-in with so much possibilty! 

Is it OK to upload my modified morph setting of templates.ini here (or somewhere else? since I'm not sure whether .ini files for your morph menu mod still belongs to VP's SAM EULA). 

Namely I don't personally like the idea of a group of the Stormcloaks/ Imperial soldiers are spawned with the exact identical body shape, so I change the legend of the template as following: 

>CombatWarrior1H "Warrior" [CLAS:00013176][email protected]|[email protected]|[email protected],[email protected]|Samuel@0|[email protected]

I assume (and confirm) that the above BodyMorph preset will introduce some random variations within the same class instead of the strict definition by class like yours, without losing the minimum difference among the various classes (Soldiers are still bulky (Samson 0.3~0.5) compared with citizens (Samson -0.1~0.1).

I've also noticed that we need distinct morphs.ini/ templates.ini for every non-vanilla mod .esm/ .esp in order to apply your SAM BodyMorph to the actors from these mods.

Probably 'populated' mods for vanilla settlements within Skyrim/ Solstheim landscape would require such .ini files the most (since the majority of the actors still wear the vanilla outfits, viable to SAM shape morphs). Is it also OK for you to upload such 'supplementary' .ini files?

Author

You're free to modify and upload the morphs.ini/templates.ini files wherever you like.  They don't include SAM assets and were generated with a script in xEdit.

The body type variations for a specific class would work fine.  The values I initially set were meant as a starting point where anyone can tweak to their own preference.  Keep in mind that once BodyGen applies morphs to an NPC, new values in morphs.ini/templates.ini won't change the morph data unless you manually edit the morphs on NPC, clear nioverride morph data on SKSE co-save, or start a new game.  Unlike skeleton scaling, nioverride doesn't have a function to clear all morph data from every NPC.  I need to find a way to manually do this without putting too much stress on papyrus.

BodyGen reads the morph data based on load order and mod name.  I only generated a list of all the male NPC's (of playable races) in the base game + dlc.  Mods that add new followers and NPC's like the "populated" series will need to have a similar list.  Since I don't normally touch any of these mods, they will have to be generated by the users.  Maintaining a list of all of them would be too much for me to do.  I can probably clean up the xEdit script I used and share that so you can generate the lists yourself.

5 hours ago, KouLeifoh said:

You're free to modify and upload the morphs.ini/templates.ini files wherever you like.  They don't include SAM assets and were generated with a script in xEdit.

The body type variations for a specific class would work fine.  The values I initially set were meant as a starting point where anyone can tweak to their own preference.  Keep in mind that once BodyGen applies morphs to an NPC, new values in morphs.ini/templates.ini won't change the morph data unless you manually edit the morphs on NPC, clear nioverride morph data on SKSE co-save, or start a new game.  Unlike skeleton scaling, nioverride doesn't have a function to clear all morph data from every NPC.  I need to find a way to manually do this without putting too much stress on papyrus.

BodyGen reads the morph data based on load order and mod name.  I only generated a list of all the male NPC's (of playable races) in the base game + dlc.  Mods that add new followers and NPC's like the "populated" series will need to have a similar list.  Since I don't normally touch any of these mods, they will have to be generated by the users.  Maintaining a list of all of them would be too much for me to do.  I can probably clean up the xEdit script I used and share that so you can generate the lists yourself.

Thank you for your kind response as well as detailed information for the topic! 

Then, I also post some of my initial tweaked files as attachments here, in case anyone wish to make use of them (for whatever purpose): 

And sorry for asking you again and again with very trivial detail.

Doesn't Sam Morphs (target) work against the elder race (as a non-playable race) male actor? 

I make this question  just out of curiosity as well as for confirmation, since I've just found that the spell had no effect on Nils of Windhelm (01414b).

(I know the original SAM already exclude elder males)

Author
52 minutes ago, y_sengaku said:

Doesn't Sam Morphs (target) work against the elder race (as a non-playable race) male actor? 

I make this question  just out of curiosity as well as for confirmation, since I've just found that the spell had no effect on Nils of Windhelm (01414b).

(I know the original SAM already exclude elder males)

It's a simple condition (GetIsPlayableRace) in the .esp for the spell usage.  Elder race isn't considered playable even though vanilla male armor can be equipped.  I can modify the conditions to add Elder race as a possible target if people really want that option.  I have yet to test Snow Elves since they're technically not playable.

I update my custom tweaks of morphs.ini/ templates.ini as below, suggested by Kou himself in other post :

>Skyrim.esm|NPC_ID=CLASS,RACE (CLASS: defines the default Samson/Samuel morph values (with a bit deviation)  while RACE : defines the genital morph values)  

The following updated package (with some mods supports )is just a proof of concept at present for those who really wish to try new concepts, and should be regarded as provisory until Kou, the original author, develops the more sophisficated ones. 

Notes:

1. This tweaks is now just a template for further tweaks and makes little to none different without any tweaks. It is you that has to rewrite the new formula in .ini files in order to differentiate racial genital morphs in accordance to your likings.
  2. Be sure to back up your original .ini files for vanilla .esm files, provided by this mod's package.
  3. Values of once spawned actors is to be not reset (so starting with new game is recommented). In LE, however, you can make use of Netimmerse Override Cleaner for deleting individual NPC's entries stored in .skse co-save files  (be sure not to delete your PC her/himself's entry!).
  4. I remove some of additional compatibility packages (had uploaded above) due to the fact that they are actually already compatible without any additional .ini files.

How to tweak the setting:

1. Looking into meshes\actors\character\bodygendata\[file name.esm or .esp]\ , open templates.ini with your favorite .txt editor (or memo pad), and find the race value definition section I added in the last part of .ini file (I removed the example of values in .ini. due to some virual oddities in the post. sorry).
  2. These are the exact same values defines by Kou in his original, but you can find such entries for each playable races (as well as its vampire variant), and some other races like elder people race (for Graybeards and so on). You can edit the values for individual races as you like to diversify genital values among the races in your game.
  3. Be sure to copy your tweaked templates.ini into all the subfolders under bodygendata to reflect your tweaks in the game.
  4. I also add/ tweak a very subtle changes to the original morphs.ini/ templates.ini like: harmonizes the .ini's class setting with USLEEP 'fixed' one (for example, Urag the librarian is not a mage in vanilla: USLEEP / USSEP is not a master, so please don't worry). also Add ca. 35 elder male NPC's records just in case together with corresponding new classes, like TrainerAlterationMaster "Spell Vendor" [CLAS:000E3A69], and further, supplying missing two Orc entries (probably of Chief Larak [0019351] and another Orc)
Edited by y_sengaku

Author
On 9/30/2018 at 7:04 AM, pspcat said:

Thank you for a wonderful mod.

Can "Sam Morphs (target)" be applied to a standalone follower?

It'll work as long as the follower is male and using a playable race.  That condition can be removed from the .esp, but I currently don't have any safeguards in the scripts to check for incompatible skeletons.

On 10/2/2018 at 4:35 AM, lien said:

How to Sam Morphs can use for special NPC (Race not regular, such as some NPC of alfottes folower. They beauty:) but i cant use Sam for their body)

Assuming the custom race is set as playble, you can still use skeleton scaling for them, but for actual morphs, the SAM body is required.  Using the SAM body for a custom race is possible, but it depends if the race is using custom textures (which may not be compatible with SAM body UV).

Author

i'm getting CTDs in less than 5 minutes of gameplay with your bodygen ticked. I have very few mods as you can see here image.thumb.png.ac162e1fb77b376b348f51d27ea6b905.png

i'm using SKSE64 2.0.7 (Special Edition) and Racemenu 0.2.4

Edited by Ulfberth

Author

I spent many hours trying to figure out why the CTD happens when bodygen is enabled (even with a vanilla setup).  It's an issue with RaceMenu SE itself.  Other players who aren't using my mod are reporting a CTD after awhile when bodygen is enabled.  Since the mesh format changed for SE, I figured it may just be how Expired implemented body morphs and the changes needed for bodygen to function.  Body morphs work fine on the player character and other NPC's, but once bodygen is enabled, the game becomes unstable for me.  For now, you can disable bodygen in the skee64.ini file (part of RaceMenu SE) or simply don't install the bodygen option of my mod.