Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

KouLeifoh

Download — SAM Morphs for RaceMenu

Author
8 hours ago, KouLeifoh said:

I spent many hours trying to figure out why the CTD happens when bodygen is enabled (even with a vanilla setup).  It's an issue with RaceMenu SE itself.  Other players who aren't using my mod are reporting a CTD after awhile when bodygen is enabled.  Since the mesh format changed for SE, I figured it may just be how Expired implemented body morphs and the changes needed for bodygen to function.  Body morphs work fine on the player character and other NPC's, but once bodygen is enabled, the game becomes unstable for me.  For now, you can disable bodygen in the skee64.ini file (part of RaceMenu SE) or simply don't install the bodygen option of my mod.

Its a shame cuz i do really like the bodygen feature. I hope we can get it running as stable as possible soon.

I have this installed in Skyrim SE with the latest version of Racemenu 0.2.7. Everything seems to be checking out: meshes fine, textures fine, morph on refit armors fine, racemenu sliders all working fine. 

Everything seems to be fine EXCEPT one slight problem. The SAM slider setting are not saved... :(

Basically, every time I load a save, the SAM morph setting are discarded, and everything went back to default. Only with the SAM sliders though. XPMSSE morphs seem to be saving fine. I took a quick look into my game's save files and found that slider changes to XPMSSE are saved in an array while SAM morphs are not? Anyone else encountered this problem or know of a fix to this? 

Thanks

On 8/24/2018 at 8:17 AM, KouLeifoh said:

I used the newer .tri format in the latest updates for SAM Light, High Poly SAM, and HDT-BBB.  It's easy to convert the .tri files to the newer format, but it's really tedious.  You basically load the refitted armor in Outfit Studio, load its .tri morph, and then export the .tri morph.  Oldrim can use either format, but it seems SE users will need to use the newer format going forward.

Wouldn't you, by chance, have created a malegenitals Tri file ? 

I'd need one usable with the latest skee64 but I can't find nor create it.

Author
Author of the topic Posted
On 11/19/2018 at 2:11 AM, LittleOrca said:

I have this installed in Skyrim SE with the latest version of Racemenu 0.2.7. Everything seems to be checking out: meshes fine, textures fine, morph on refit armors fine, racemenu sliders all working fine. 

Everything seems to be fine EXCEPT one slight problem. The SAM slider setting are not saved... :(

Basically, every time I load a save, the SAM morph setting are discarded, and everything went back to default. Only with the SAM sliders though. XPMSSE morphs seem to be saving fine. I took a quick look into my game's save files and found that slider changes to XPMSSE are saved in an array while SAM morphs are not? Anyone else encountered this problem or know of a fix to this? 

Thanks

From my limited testing, if you disable BodyGen in the skee64.ini file, RaceMenu SE won't load morphs (possibly with the BodyGen morph key) from save files.  I used the same morph key as BodyGen for my mod to allow players to change the values in RaceMenu.  This change must've been recent since the version I developed the mod for was 0.2.4 and that didn't have an issue with it.  For the next version, I may have to create a duplicate tab in RaceMenu that uses a different morph key for players that have BodyGen disabled.  Ideally, it should be done on the same tab, but I'm not aware of a way to dynamically update all the sliders after the tab has been loaded.

3 hours ago, mojito817 said:

Wouldn't you, by chance, have created a malegenitals Tri file ? 

I'd need one usable with the latest skee64 but I can't find nor create it.

The genitals .tri morphs are included as an optional install in the installer.

There do seem to have a lot of people posting issues with bodygen. It'd be lovely to have a version without that option until bodygen is fully fixed. :) 

How different is the SAM plugin implementation from XPMSSE's morphs? What I mean is, since XPMSSE's morphs saves and loads fine with BodyGen disabled in skee64.ini, would it be possible to copy that method of implementation? 

Thanks Kou! Hope the next update can go smoothly :) 

1 hour ago, KouLeifoh said:
1 hour ago, y_sengaku said:

Is the ones from SAM Morphs for Racemenu (optional) isn't compatible with the latest Racemenu SE?

The genitals .tri morphs are included as an optional install in the installer.

I'm not sure, here's the result I get with those and the hi poly bbp meshes :

ScreenShot11.jpg.91e613bd9f9634b3c1cb621387bd1561.jpg

Any idea would be welcome, thanks

Author
Author of the topic Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, LittleOrca said:

There do seem to have a lot of people posting issues with bodygen. It'd be lovely to have a version without that option until bodygen is fully fixed. :) 

How different is the SAM plugin implementation from XPMSSE's morphs? What I mean is, since XPMSSE's morphs saves and loads fine with BodyGen disabled in skee64.ini, would it be possible to copy that method of implementation? 

Thanks Kou! Hope the next update can go smoothly :) 

From what I understand, the issue is the morph key.  Every morph data has a name + key attached to it.  For example, Samson is a morph name and changes made to it have a key attached to that change.  This allows multiple mods to modify the same morphs without conflicting with each other.  By default, morph values with multiple keys will be added together.  XPMSSE uses the key XPMSE.esp for all its morphs while BodyGen uses RSMBodyGen as its key.  My mod intentionally uses the same key as BodyGen to allow the players to change those morph values rather than create new ones.  In one of the recent updates to RaceMenu SE, the way BodyGen was handled got changed (I suspect it's to fix crashing issues people were having).  If BodyGen is disabled, morphs using the key RSMBodyGen will be ignored when loading a save game.  The simplest fix would be to use a different key, but I need to figure out an elegant solution without having multiple versions of the mod.

EDIT: RaceMenu SE 0.2.7 (skee64 alpha 8 release) has a bug where disabling BodyGen also disables BodyMorphs.  XPMSSE uses a cloaking spell effect to apply weapon styles and doesn't rely on BodyGen to function.

16 hours ago, mojito817 said:

I'm not sure, here's the result I get with those and the hi poly bbp meshes :

(img)

Any idea would be welcome, thanks

Are you using SOS + assets from SAM (full)?  If that's the case, the genital .nif files must be converted to SE format using SSE NIF Optimizer.  While SE does support Oldrim .nif (mostly), it converts them to SE format internally during gameplay and RaceMenu can't properly access/use this internal conversion for applying morphs.

Edited by KouLeifoh

1 hour ago, LittleOrca said:

Does it work without the high poly meshes? 

Good point, I should try with Sam light.

Are you using SOS + assets from SAM (full)?  If that's the case, the genital .nif files must be converted to SE format using SSE NIF Optimizer.  While SE does support Oldrim .nif (mostly), it converts them to SE format internally during gameplay and RaceMenu can't properly access/use this internal conversion for applying morphs.

Yes, I use the genitals nif from Sam full unchanged and not optimized. I didn't know about the potential troubles with racemen.I'll follow your advice and optimize my genitals (that's an odd thing to write).

Thank you both for your help.

Author

After looking into it some more, the BodyGen issue is a bug with skse64 alpha 8 that's included with RaceMenu SE 0.2.7.  Disabling BodyGen will also disable BodyMorphs.  I edited my post above to reflect it.

This bug is fixed in alpha 9 (on github), but that release introduces morph bugs with .nif files that include more than one mesh (morphs applied to pants but not bare body).

One possible workaround for the current release (alpha 8 ) is to enable BodyGen but don't use any customizations for it located in the \data\meshes\actors\character\BodyGenData\ folder.  Simply renaming the BodyGenData folder (if it exists) to something else should be enough.

After looking into it some more, the BodyGen issue is a bug with skee64 alpha 8 that's included with RaceMenu SE 0.2.7.  Disabling BodyGen will also disable BodyMorphs.  I edited my post above to reflect it.

This bug is fixed in alpha 9 (on github), but that release introduces morph bugs with .nif files that include more than one mesh (morphs applied to pants but not bare body).

One possible workaround for the current release (alpha 8 ) is to enable BodyGen but don't use any customizations for it located in the \data\meshes\actors\character\BodyGenData\ folder.  Simply renaming the BodyGenData folder (if it exists) to something else should be enough.

Awesome!!! Thanks Kou! 

A quick test looks like it works!!! :)  No crashes so far... 

Author

As of now, version 0.2.10 should have fixed all the bugs caused by 0.2.8 and 0.2.9.  I'm still on 0.2.7 since the two mods I actively use (floating health bars and floating damage) haven't been updated for the latest SE version yet.

Author

Expired posted alpha 10a of the skee plugin on github that fixes the morphs on 0.2.11.  I went ahead and upgraded SE to 1.5.62 and updated all my plugins.  Morphs now work with bodygen without any crashes.

Author

Recently i've found a issue with sliders like spine, pelvis left thigh and right thigh not being saved after you load the game (samson and samuel sliders do fine). Is this something you can do about or it's racemenu's fault itself?

Edited by Ulfberth

after installed, there is nothing below SAM Body content, it's blank. I have installed skse64, RaceMenu SE, SAM Lite, UIExtensions and SkyUI. what should I do? need other Mods or settings? thank you

1 hour ago, tybi002 said:

after installed, there is nothing below SAM Body content, it's blank. I have installed skse64, RaceMenu SE, SAM Lite, UIExtensions and SkyUI. what should I do? need other Mods or settings? thank you

Have you already installed XPMSSE?

I suppose Racemenu requires it to add its additional sliders.

Author
1 hour ago, tybi002 said:

when I installed XPMSSE and FINS, added some additional sliders, but there is still nothing below SAM Body. any wrong settings ? thank you

may i know about your game version, skse64 version and racemenu? just to make sure...