Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

KouLeifoh

Download — SAM Morphs for RaceMenu

On 7/18/2020 at 8:43 PM, dali0906 said:

I would love to love this mod, but I have a problem that kind of makes it hard to use, whenever I change any of the values in the sliders, like say, Samson or Samuel, it changes the torso but not the feet and hands, resulting in these very obvious seams, and the more I change the slider the more noticeable they get. I am using a custom race(Bochu race) so that might be the problem there, so I'm going to go in-game and check if this happens with vanilla races as well as soon as I can(though I can't at the moment) and update this post. Until then though, if this is simply a more common problem than I realise, please do tell me why it usually happens. 

I checked and it's no better on vanilla races. Seems to be a universal problem.

Author
Author of the topic Posted

@Rhotfyr  The target character must be male and part of a playable race.  Custom races are generally not supported.

@dali0906  As with all morphs, refits that include those morphs are required to see any change.  The best test is to unequip all gear before adjusting the sliders, and then setting the Samuel slider to 100.  If your character doesn't have a large round belly, then something is wrong.

hi! ran into a bit of a problem,

i ran loot and it kind of messed up my load order and now when i use morphs for racemenu the options for like the additional body parts, like breast and butts, isn't showing up anymore, whats more, when i use it more than once the game cant detect my keyboard anymore, so i cant press any buttons and i gotta alt+tab to exit the game,

any help? its probably got somethin to do with the load order, so i feel like i should reinstall everything again, but im not sure what the load order of everything should be

Edited by Reus

Author

Loot is just one part of the problem.  The other is the order conflicting files are being overwritten.  If they don't match the Loot order, that can potentially cause issues too.  Unless you're using a mod manager, it's best to reinstall mods again, starting with the essentials like SKSE and RaceMenu.

Note almost to myself: 

The latest updates of SKSE64 (2.0.19) as well as Racemenu SE (4.0.13)  often halt the function of UI Extension (1.2.0), that is necessary for this mod.  [updated]: have an issue with the body morph function, the core function of SAM (full) as well as this mod, itself.

In other words, this mod might be (at least for now) not 100% compatible with the latest Racemenu. I often fail in loading the saved slider parameters like Samuson and Samuel values in Racemenu's SAM morph window.

If some of you have not updated SKSE64/ Racemenu SE yet, I'd recommend to wait for the update for a while.

Edited by y_sengaku

2 hours ago, KouLeifoh said:

@y_sengaku  I haven't extensively used the latest verison of RaceMenu SE to see what the problem is.  Thanks for letting me know.

Thank you for mentioning.

Apparently the issue was due to the incompatibility between the latest SKSE64 2.0.19 -Racemenu SE 4.0.14 and profiled save system of MO2 (2.3.1).

After updating to the latest build of MO2 2.3.2 (auto update option only: on Aug. 17, 2020), .skse co-save file has been created again as it was before in SKSE64 2.0.17 and various morph sliders can be saved/ loaded without issues now. Sorry for bothering.

hi Kou, first, just wanna say thanks for these great tools/mods.

i like making  my char and followers different from the rest of npcs. the body and hand slider work greats but most of other textures would cause quite visible neck seam with default head (ie. with don's daddys or vitruvia's skin).

may i ask if it's possible to have sam morph for racemenu that include head sliders like the body and hands?   or probably you already had done it and would you please share? again, thank you for all your great mods and textures.

Author

@y_sengaku  That makes sense then.  Despite adamant recommendations by everyone, I don't use any mod manager and would prefer to manually install mods.  Loose files included with mods are manually archived into their corresponding .bsa file.  I do have MO2 around to test my own install scripts and mods with complicated branching options.

@Lostamasta  Head sliders were originally included, but I removed them before the initial release of the texture feature due to the head textures resetting back to default after awhile.  I haven't taken the time to figure out a proper way to implement it, but it would be a nice feature in a future update.  Currently, I can only focus on one mod at time or I won't get anything done.

Not sure if other people are having this problem, but the sam-morph (self) spell isn't changing the body hair textures for me. sam-morph (target) works fine. I tried setting default to smooth to see if it was changing something, but no luck.

Author

@ToastyToast13  Make sure you're using SAM-compatible armor.  The best test is to always test without equipping any armor and see if the texture changes on the nude body.  Also, make sure you're not using a custom race.  I hardcoded the texture paths for the playable vanilla races only.  SAM Morphs (Self) does not have a check for player race.

Can not for the life of me get the morphs to work. I want my hero to be boyish and hairless and my followers to be the opposite. And since Im not good at creating custom races I see this the only option, 

Hi KouLeifoh. I have a question regarding the texture selection aspect of your mod. Is there a way for custom races to be recognized so alternate textures can be used in game for them? I have several beast race mods (deer, horse, wolf, etc.) that I made texture variations for, but the alternate textures don't show up in RaceMenu ---- the default human textures do instead.

EDIT: Never mind, I figured it out. The body hair overlays show up in RaceMenu as body paints. Hit F9 to add texture and it shows up. Duh. Just in case anyone is having this head-scratcher.

I have a dumb noob question. I finally switched to SAM from SOS and the quality is amazing. I installed SAM Light, SAM Light Texture Add On, with Race Menu morphs and the HDD bounce. All is working as intended, except for the body hair textures. The SAM Morphs kl folder has the SAM body hair options dds within it, but in game in RaceMenu, while the Body diffuse sliders show up, the texture list doesn't and moving the Body Diffuse slider makes the character torso turn purple. I thought it would apply different body hair overlays onto the SAM Light Texture I've already installed, but clearly I missed something.

What do I need to do for body hair options to apply? 

Edited by CWGortner
Found solution

Author

@theshiba  The texture paths are currently hardcoded for the vanilla races.  To support custom races, I'll have to add a generic texture path that will be shared by all custom races or (ideally) figure out an elegant way to extract the texture path of the current race.  It's something I can look into for a future update.

Hi !

Maybe you can help me with this, I have a problem with custom textures :

I have installed everything needed + Light Skin add-on and everything works like a charm, but I wanted to add another Normal map to custom textures. So in the texture folder everything is default and I added the normal map named malebody_02_msn.dds. When I want to change it in Racemenu, only the genitals normal map changes but not the body.

Is there something I did wrong ?

I'm just going to post this here..

Since the bodygen files were created, I realized that there were multiple ways to use it. At first, the few male bodygen files on the internet consisted of pasting every single NPC baseid that you wanted to change and giving them a preset body type. I've since found out that a simple All|Male=Bodytype works just as well.

Next I realized that people were using a convoluted way to create bodytypes such as [email protected]|[email protected]|[email protected]|[email protected]|[email protected] which is basically a chance to give them Samson=.1/.2/etc. at equal values. I've since realized that the command [email protected]:0.50 would achieve the same effect, with more values inbetween and randomness.

So anyway, I've created a truly random bodygen file for those who want true randomness, with it weighted more towards Samson high values and less Samuel randomness since it isn't a bodytype I'm too interested in. Here it is for anyone who is interested in modifying it for their own use.

morphs.ini

All|Male=MaleRandom,ForeskinRandom
All|Female=FemaleRandom

Skyrim.esm|0002BF9F=Hadvar
Skyrim.esm|0002BF9D=Ralof
Skyrim.esm|000A2C8C=Argis
Skyrim.esm|000A2C90=Finn
HearthFires.esm|0200521E=Christopher
HearthFires.esm|0200521B=Wolfenheart

Skyrim.esm|000B9980=Marcurio
Skyrim.esm|0001A690=Skjor
Skyrim.esm|00013B9D=Eorlund
Skyrim.esm|0001A68E=Kodlak
templates.ini

[email protected]|ForeskinHide@1

[email protected]:1.10|[email protected]:1.20|[email protected]:1.30|[email protected]:1.40|[email protected]:1.50,[email protected]:0.0|[email protected]:0.1|[email protected]:0.2|[email protected]:0.3|[email protected]:0.4|[email protected]:0.5|[email protected]:0.6|[email protected]:0.7|[email protected]:0.8|[email protected]:0.9|[email protected]:1.0,[email protected]:1.00|[email protected]:0.10
[email protected]:1.00,[email protected]:1.5,[email protected]:1.00,[email protected]:1.00,[email protected]:1.00,[email protected]:1.00,[email protected]:1.00,[email protected]:1.00,[email protected]:1.00,[email protected]:1.00,[email protected]:1.00,[email protected]:1.00,[email protected]:1.00,[email protected]:1.00,[email protected]:1.00,[email protected]:1.00,[email protected]:0.50,[email protected]:1.00,[email protected]:1.00,[email protected]:1.00,[email protected]:1.00,[email protected]:1.00,[email protected]:1.00,[email protected]:1.00,[email protected]:1.00,[email protected]:1.00,[email protected]:1.00,[email protected]:1.00,[email protected]:1.00,[email protected]:1.00,[email protected]:1.00,[email protected]:1.00,[email protected]:1.00,[email protected]:1.00,[email protected]:1.00,[email protected]:1.00,[email protected]:1.00,[email protected]:1.00,[email protected]:1.00,[email protected]:1.00,[email protected]:1.00

[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],Enable Scaling@0
[email protected],[email protected],Enable Scaling@0,[email protected]|[email protected],[email protected]|[email protected]|[email protected]|[email protected]|[email protected]|[email protected]|[email protected]|[email protected]|[email protected]|[email protected]|[email protected]
[email protected],[email protected],Enable Scaling@0,[email protected]|[email protected],[email protected]|[email protected]|[email protected]|[email protected]|[email protected]|[email protected]|[email protected]|[email protected]|[email protected]|[email protected]|[email protected]

If you want a character to still have a certain bodytype, you just add it after the All|Male line as seen in the example above.

If you want only certain NPCs from certain mods, you can use Dawnguard.esm|All|Male which will affect only male NPCs from Dawnguard.esm.

If you want a certain race to only be affected, you can create an entry like this: All|Male|NordRace = MaleRandom (Or create a new entry in the template with the stats you desire). Now only all Nords will be affected by MaleRandom.

If you want a character to have a 75% chance to be uncut, you can also turn [email protected]|[email protected]|[email protected]|[email protected]. Which would give a character 3 chances out of 4 to have ForeskinHide at 0, and 1 out of 4 chances to be cut at ForeskinHide at 1.0.

Edited by Raydonn

Author

@Raydonn  I've already mentioned this elswhere, but there's no actual Male tag in the game.  The Female tag exists and is used specifically for female NPCs.  Males are determined by the inverse of the Female tag.  This means that things like animals and creatures are considered to be Male.  Using the Male keyword for BodyGen will also apply the morphs to every animal/creature.  This can be easily checked in-game.  One can argue that it's harmless since there is likely no associated morph for affected animals/creatures (all morph data are still saved in the skse co-save), but it's not a good programming/modding practice to modify things outside the scope of a mod.

The reason I opted for manually defining morphs for each individual NPC was to follow the original SAM mod which used defined Samson/Samuel values based on class archetypes (warrior, mage, thief, etc).  I created a custom xEdit script to auto generate the BodyGen entries for every male NPC in the game (over 2k).  Don't use the Enable Scaling morph in BodyGen.  It does nothing on its own.  I use morphs to store certain values for each NPC to avoid bloating the main game save.

Defining a range for a random morph value is valid, but the main reason I used rigid values was to keep them looking nice and clean when viewed in RaceMenu.  There will be lots of numbers beyond 2 significant bits otherwise.

I kind of agree with you on the first part, since modding things that shouldn't have the sliders isn't good programming in case it does break something unintended.

So I guess my solution would be a modified this:

All|Male|ArgonianRace=MaleRandom,ForeskinRandom
All|Male|BretonRace=MaleRandom,ForeskinRandom
All|Male|DarkElfRace=MaleRandom,ForeskinRandom
All|Male|HighElfRace=MaleRandom,ForeskinRandom
All|Male|ImperialRace=MaleRandom,ForeskinRandom
All|Male|KhajitRace=MaleRandom,ForeskinRandom
All|Male|NordRace=MaleRandom,ForeskinRandom
All|Male|OrcRace=MaleRandom,ForeskinRandom
All|Male|RedguardRace=MaleRandom,ForeskinRandom
All|Male|WoodElfRace=MaleRandom,ForeskinRandom

All|Male|ArgonianRaceVampire=MaleRandom,ForeskinRandom
All|Male|BretonRaceVampire=MaleRandom,ForeskinRandom
All|Male|DarkElfRaceVampire=MaleRandom,ForeskinRandom
All|Male|HighElfRaceVampire=MaleRandom,ForeskinRandom
All|Male|ImperialRaceVampire=MaleRandom,ForeskinRandom
All|Male|KhajitRaceVampire=MaleRandom,ForeskinRandom
All|Male|NordRaceVampire=MaleRandom,ForeskinRandom
All|Male|OrcRaceVampire=MaleRandom,ForeskinRandom
All|Male|RedguardRaceVampire=MaleRandom,ForeskinRandom
All|Male|WoodElfRaceVampire=MaleRandom,ForeskinRandom

It'll affect all the vanilla races in the game without having to deal with creatures. So any DLC added NPCs will still be affected.

I figured that part of the Enable Scaling thingy. That's why I didn't include it in any of the bodygen morphs. It's just a leftover from when I was trying various combinations.