Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

air

[Guide] Refitting for SAM - Shape Atlas for Men

23 minutes ago, ElderVerK said:

Deleting the vertices of the body mesh that are not visible when wearing the armor is the simplest and most effective solution.

For that armor this means removing almost everything except the collarbone, forearms and calves, if and only if the gloves and boots are separate pieces and the head would otherwise appear floating. 

This could also work as a solution for the person you quoted, but without pictures of their armor I cannot say for sure.

Thank you! I'll give it a go!

Different issue because, yay.

I'm doing a refit of Bingle's Buff armours -- or at least the dragonscale and dragonbone ones, and I'm having the following issue with the dragonscale. Just the torso - Everything is conforming properly in Bodyslide and Outfit Studio, but in game it's coming up strange, and the NIF file is also looking strange -- exactly as it shows up in game with the chest shrunk and not really peeking though.

If anyone knows why that would happen, I'd love to know so I can fix it.

image.thumb.png.b7399ce4add821c25de9f702c2434fe5.png20210314115709_1.thumb.jpg.293337e9f27768e94018b892106ae878.jpg

On 3/14/2021 at 2:04 AM, Keldaryth said:

image.thumb.png.b7399ce4add821c25de9f702c2434fe5.png20210314115709_1.thumb.jpg.293337e9f27768e94018b892106ae878.jpg

Yes, I've also noticed this in my own refits. For some reason BodySlide and Outfit Studio don't align the objects properly which Nifskope does instead, so you need to inflate a little more than apparently necessary to make them look good in game. Look at the objects in Nifskope after building them with Outfit Studio, so you don't have to launch the game every time. 

I think the same applies to @RedGUARD's problem. Need to inflate the bandages with Outfit Studio until they look good in Nifskope.

Hi, I've attempted to convert some armour, I think it looks OK, and I think I've packaged it up in a way that would make it work as a mod - but its my first time trying, would someone who knows a bit more be willing to try it and see if it works? Slider files are for the sleeved version of https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/20848?tab=files which you will need to download separately of course. I realize this mod may be a bit niche on this site since it is primarily about covering guys up more not less but hopefully it might be useful to someone.

Not posting them to the main site because a) not sure they work right yet b) I'm not sure what the permissions etiquette is for bodyslides - do you usually need to ask permission?

Frankly HD Sleeved Imperials SAM.7z

Refitting female to SAM using only the brush and the scale functions is a nigh impossible task. I have no experience in making sliders but from what I've looked into it, it looks like it might be more of an hassle than it's worth.

I have converted several outfits from female to SAM and to do it I usually first build an as masculine as possible version of the outfit with the female bodyslide (I use this CBBE preset with some minor tweaks), then import the high weight female outfit on the low weight male body and refit as it were an usual male outfit from another body. Just remember to delete the CBBE body meshes and delete the unused body vertices for better results.

It works quite well. For example, this was my first try at this technique, while my latest attempt (If I understood the sequence of events correctly), was used as base by Don for his amazing Goddess outfit conversion

Edited by ElderVerK

Author
Author of the topic Posted
On 4/5/2021 at 9:13 AM, niceter420 said:

I have a problem here

I was going to refit this outfit however I cannot get rid of the neck seam. Could anyone take a look?

skypunkbody1.nif 1.44 MB · 2 downloads skypunkbody1.osp 4.87 kB · 1 download skypunkbody1.osd 674.28 kB · 1 download

It looks like an issue related to the way you chopped the body. I can see the vertices in the neck going crazy when I move the samson and samuel sliders in outfit studio. Start with a fresh body and make sure to follow the directions carefully to remove vertices.

Deleting Parts of the body (or outfit) mesh

When a large part of the body is going to be hidden underneath an armor, you might want to just delete that part of the body instead of trying to fix the mesh over it. It will make a cleaner and better-looking refit. If you are familiar with Zap sliders, you can also use that instead, but I'm not familiar with it so I won't talk about it.

⚠️ Notice: This is something that has to be done at a particular time in the process, otherwise it will mess everything up. If you're going to do this, then I would do it  right after step 3B the step after you conform the selected shapes. You will then need to unset SAMBody as a reference by right clicking it and pressing Set Reference again so that it isn't Green anymore. Do not delete any vertices from SAMBody while it is still the reference shape (Green)

Hi, thanks for the guide I've used it for a couple of armour conversions I've posted and it was super helpful. Took me from having no idea to being able to upload something that people have actually used!

I'm currently trying to refit the practical pirate armour from Nexus and have come across a weird issue I haven't seen before. When I import the .nif it appears way below where the body is like so:image.png.8af2bc586c5f3fe69ff8056f34311c5d.png(Freshly imported with no changes made)

I first tried moving the armour up towards Sam Body and it looked fine in outfit studio and body slide when I built it but in game the armour was hovering in a distorted mess 3 foot over the characters head. Then I tried doing the opposite and moving the body down but this time the armour was in the right place, the head, hands and feet were in the right place but there was a mildly disturbing distorted torso under the floor 3 feet below the armour. I've then tried sort of half moving the body down and that kind of worked but it is very hard to refit the armour and get the placement right. Is there an easy solution to this beyond loads of trial and error trying to get the body to the right height? 

Hello, thank you for this guide, it is really helpful! I'm trying to refit an armor but I get gaps on forearms when in game only, I don't have this issue when viewing the project with outfistudio and bodyslide. Does anyone know what's causing it and how I can fix this please? I'm using SAM full on Oldrim by the way in case it matters, with normal poly body and HDT. There's a sreenshot showing the issue, thanks in advance for the help!

ScreenShot19.jpg

Does anyone have a SAM Light mesh for refitting to that has flaccid penis? I can only find a version that has the penis separate or erect. I wanted to refit the underwear from "underwear for everyone" so that it doesn't have a hole in the groin and also so that the penis scales properly

Edited by brassknuckles

Author
On 4/16/2021 at 3:40 PM, brassknuckles said:

Does anyone have a SAM Light mesh for refitting to that has flaccid penis? I can only find a version that has the penis separate or erect. I wanted to refit the underwear from "underwear for everyone" so that it doesn't have a hole in the groin and also so that the penis scales properly

You can find it in this thread.

On 4/16/2021 at 3:29 PM, Ju Erdene said:

Hello, thank you for this guide, it is really helpful! I'm trying to refit an armor but I get gaps on forearms when in game only, I don't have this issue when viewing the project with outfistudio and bodyslide. Does anyone know what's causing it and how I can fix this please? I'm using SAM full on Oldrim by the way in case it matters, with normal poly body and HDT. There's a sreenshot showing the issue, thanks in advance for the help!

ScreenShot19.bmp 5.93 MB · 3 downloads

the forearm partition needs to be added in the esp and the mesh.

in the esp, the "first person flags" needs to be edited in the armor addon section to include forearms.

in the mesh, you can add the partition in outfit studio in the partition window (upper right)

Thank you air. I tried to do as you said, this is the first time I try to do it. It was not successful, the forearm partition seemed to be already there in the mesh, and I used TES5Edit to modify the esp and add the missing partition. But still having gaps, I don't know what I missed or incorrectly did. Thank you for your help though it's very kind!

Hello.

I used this guide and the outfit came out perfectly. I do have a small problem. The outfits are not scaling with the samson slider. As in, my char has a samson build of 40 but when I put the outfit on, he goes back to 0. Any help?

I'm completely new to this and have managed to refit some simple male armors successfully, but any advice on refitting certain female armors? For example, I'm trying to refit https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/41655?tab=description

When using the tool to increase the mesh volume, it often results in bloated shapes due to angle and positioning not being the same. Is there a more efficient way to do it then trying to manually shift the vertices around to fit the different body shape?

What is the best way to hide crotch hole? I'm trying to refit a new Armour but it doesn't have an underwear mesh. I can'y leave the genital mesh in because it clips pretty badly uless I inflate the skirt mesh to a point where it just looks weird.

I've tried importing an underwear mesh into bodyslide which looks fine in outfit studio / bodyslide but disappears in game leaving the dreaded hole.

2 hours ago, kunolandalin said:

What is the best way to hide crotch hole? I'm trying to refit a new Armour but it doesn't have an underwear mesh. I can'y leave the genital mesh in because it clips pretty badly uless I inflate the skirt mesh to a point where it just looks weird.

I've tried importing an underwear mesh into bodyslide which looks fine in outfit studio / bodyslide but disappears in game leaving the dreaded hole.

Hymnaru made this for me a long time back. It probably could use some texture added to it.

Crotch Hole Filler.7z

2 hours ago, kunolandalin said:

For future reference, the it most likely disappears in game because most underwear, at least the ones developed for SOS, are Slot 52 items and to make items show up in game the partitions in the nif  and in the ARMO/ARMA categories of the Creation Kit must match.

If you're simply refitting and want to avoid editing esps, you can simply change the partition of the underwear from 52 to 32, which is the main Body mesh and where SAM keeps it's genital meshes.  

Edited by ElderVerK

Thank you both, it was the body partition that was getting me. Funnily enough I did try to change the slots in xedit but it didn't seem to be helping so I'd just tried changing the slot in outfit studio at the same time you replied. 

Also that you for the hole hider Cubrethil, that is a nice low profile hider that may come in useful.

THIS.

After days of trying to make personal-use conversions of old skimpy armours originally made for LE Better Males and older, this post from 2 years ago is the ONLY DAMN GUIDE that actually worked for me and is explained almost perfectly for male conversions. Finding other guides are 90% CBBE/UNP and most of the conversion ease is done for you practically, or at least that's the way it comes across, but the methods never worked for me.

Then THIS guide came along, explained it step by step with images... it worked like magic. So thank you so much for this! Recommended for newbs and experienced bodyslide users, both.

thank you very much for this guide but i need more instructions
I created some armors (Samson / Samuel) from others DLC mods base with your instructions.
in the bodyslide application they work well but in the game they have a default shape
if it is possible you make some videos it would be very useful for me and many others users.

4C. Where it says Output Data Path, you must enter the data path to the original file which you started with. 

For example, if the outfit is in Skyrim\data\meshes\armor\tutorial, we must enter meshes\armor\tutorial ........is very very important this guide, 

for other users read the guide very careful

for gaps some armors, use more the brush ''increase mesh volume in an area" 

THANK you Air for this, ......with this guide i start work refit armors from other DLCs mods

Edited by dragon720

It seems like no matter what I try, the Samson and Samuel sliders just don't show up in-game. They work on the body, but the armor itself doesn't get affected by them despite showing that it does in Outfit Studio 😕

Author
17 hours ago, Henslock said:

It seems like no matter what I try, the Samson and Samuel sliders just don't show up in-game. They work on the body, but the armor itself doesn't get affected by them despite showing that it does in Outfit Studio 😕

make sure you're ticking the box to build morphs and have a .tri file in your folder along with the meshes.

Author

Will there be a subsequent guide for weight painting? I have done some changes for the armors in blender but when I import the .obj into OS, the bone copy function always fails to work, warning "different number of vertices". :(