Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

air

[Guide] Refitting for SAM - Shape Atlas for Men

1 hour ago, air said:

It should. The path for the skeleton in xp32 is meshes> character> character assets> skeleton.nif

Thanks for the response, I want to apologize in advance if I'm being dense as I'm new to bodyslide and still learning. I'm using vortex as my mod manager and here is the path I'm looking in for XP32

C:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\Roaming\Vortex\skyrimse\mods\XP32 Maximum Skeleton Special Extended-1988-4-67-1575860546\meshes

Within that folder, I don't see a character subfolder nor a skeleton nif file. Within the actors subfolder however, I did some digging and there is a character assets subfolder with skeleton files but neither are nifs.

image.png.2df2e5510c64c58b92d2e5f603c511f5.png

I'm concerned I'm looking in the wrong directory. I tried looking in the main special edition data folder as well and can't find a XP32 skeleton folder.

Also just out of curiosity I did some more digging and I have nif files for the following mods in my vortex folder:

• Sam Light for SE (v 1.3)
  • Sam Morphs for Racemenu
  • Sam High Poly conversion
  • HDT for SAM
  • HDT-SMP for SSE

Each of these folders have skeleton nif files though I'm not sure which one would be the right one corresponding to your tutorial.

I'm sorry if I'm missing something obvious!

Author
Author of the topic Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, philayminyon said:

Thanks for the response, I want to apologize in advance if I'm being dense as I'm new to bodyslide and still learning. I'm using vortex as my mod manager and here is the path I'm looking in for XP32

C:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\Roaming\Vortex\skyrimse\mods\XP32 Maximum Skeleton Special Extended-1988-4-67-1575860546\meshes

Within that folder, I don't see a character subfolder nor a skeleton nif file. Within the actors subfolder however, I did some digging and there is a character assets subfolder with skeleton files but neither are nifs.

image.png.2df2e5510c64c58b92d2e5f603c511f5.png

I'm concerned I'm looking in the wrong directory. I tried looking in the main special edition data folder as well and can't find a XP32 skeleton folder.

Also just out of curiosity I did some more digging and I have nif files for the following mods in my vortex folder:

• Sam Light for SE (v 1.3)
  • Sam Morphs for Racemenu
  • Sam High Poly conversion
  • HDT for SAM
  • HDT-SMP for SSE

Each of these folders have skeleton nif files though I'm not sure which one would be the right one corresponding to your tutorial.

I'm sorry if I'm missing something obvious!

XP32 definitely adds this file when it's installed. Perhaps it was installed improperly or the location you're searching is incorrect? Sadly I've never used Vortex (and I don't even know how it works) so I really don't know how it's managing your files or what could be going on there. If nothing else maybe try removing your current installation of XP32 and reinstalling it. And be sure that it overrides anything else its competing with.

Edited by air

11 minutes ago, air said:

XP32 definitely adds this file when it's installed. Perhaps it was installed improperly or the location you're searching is incorrect? Sadly I've never used Vortex (and I don't even know how it works) so I really don't know how it's managing your files or what could be going on there. If nothing else maybe try removing your current installation of XP32 and reinstalling it. And be sure that it overrides anything else its competing with.

Okay thanks so much. Just wondering, with the additional mods I'm using that I listed, the only skeleton I should be using is the one from Xp32? Assuming I'm not trying to refit for hdt

Author
Author of the topic Posted
29 minutes ago, philayminyon said:

Okay thanks so much. Just wondering, with the additional mods I'm using that I listed, the only skeleton I should be using is the one from Xp32? Assuming I'm not trying to refit for hdt

No, as long as your skeleton isn't giving you any issues in-game with SAM, it should be fine to use it instead of xp32.

Has anyone had an issue where you edit everything and it looks okay in the Bodyshape and such--but when you try to spawn the item in game it *says* it spawns but no item is added to your inventory?

I'm a bit worried I've messed up the game completely and can't test anything...

14 minutes ago, Keldaryth said:

Has anyone had an issue where you edit everything and it looks okay in the Bodyshape and such--but when you try to spawn the item in game it *says* it spawns but no item is added to your inventory?

Okay, so... anyone know how to make 'unequippable' items equippable for testing purposes, lol...

New question - can anyone point me to a "How to output your new outfit as a mod so other people can download/test it" thing :)

I know it's out there. My google fu is failing me

Finally got a refit of the Revealing Thieves Guild Armour (Assless Chaps version) to work.

20200511012524_1.jpg

20200511015147_1.jpg

Edited by Keldaryth
Adding Images

Author
On 5/8/2020 at 4:17 AM, Keldaryth said:

Sorry for late reply, I think some items with the same name are not equippable by the player and you need to find the codes for the ones which are. I think you figured it out already anyway.

32 minutes ago, Keldaryth said:

New question - can anyone point me to a "How to output your new outfit as a mod so other people can download/test it" thing :)

I know it's out there. My google fu is failing me

I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but you just need an archiver like winrar or 7zip to package the files (and the folders) and then you can share them where you want as long as you have permission.

14 minutes ago, air said:

Sorry for late reply, I think some items with the same name are not equippable by the player and you need to find the codes for the ones which are. I think you figured it out already anyway.

I *think* so? One of them is from a mod so I'm not sure - the Executioner 'robe' was one I was trying to fix, and I thought I had but the existing in game items didn't update, so I don't know... I've just tried again and will see how it goes.

Also, no apologies necessary - I didn't expect you to be the sole authority on how to make things work here :)

16 minutes ago, air said:

I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but you just need an archiver like winrar or 7zip to package the files (and the folders) and then you can share them where you want as long as you have permission.

Okay. I think I see how that works. As long as I don't have to do an ESP or anything I'll give it a shot and get it up for people to test. The original files give permission to modify, so I figured I was on safe ground :)

Thanks for the guide - and the responses.

Author
3 hours ago, Keldaryth said:

I *think* so? One of them is from a mod so I'm not sure - the Executioner 'robe' was one I was trying to fix, and I thought I had but the existing in game items didn't update, so I don't know... I've just tried again and will see how it goes.

I believe the executioner's robe is one which can't be equipped by the player without doing workarounds or something.

Okay. I think I see how that works. As long as I don't have to do an ESP or anything I'll give it a shot and get it up for people to test. The original files give permission to modify, so I figured I was on safe ground :)

Thanks for the guide - and the responses.

Oh okay, I get it. Yeah there shouldn't be a need for an esp usually. For this thieves guild outfit, you only need to pack the meshes and textures 🙂

16 hours ago, air said:

I believe the executioner's robe is one which can't be equipped by the player without doing workarounds or something.

It is. I cheated. Thing is, it works on the PC if I force equpie it, but Ahtar in Solitude just... won't update. I don't know what to do to make it work either, which is sad. I was really hoping to not have him wandering around with a hole in his groin.

16 hours ago, air said:

Oh okay, I get it. Yeah there shouldn't be a need for an esp usually. For this thieves guild outfit, you only need to pack the meshes and textures 🙂

Thanks. I ended up posting the meshes only since it should use whatever texture pack people want it to. 

20200512024424_1.jpg

Author
2 hours ago, Keldaryth said:

It is. I cheated. Thing is, it works on the PC if I force equpie it, but Ahtar in Solitude just... won't update. I don't know what to do to make it work either, which is sad. I was really hoping to not have him wandering around with a hole in his groin.

20200512024424_1.jpg

If you can post the files here then maybe I can take a look at it later and see if there's an issue

4 minutes ago, air said:

If you can post the files here then maybe I can take a look at it later and see if there's an issue

I can do that - thank you in advance for trying whether or not you manage to work out what's up.

I decided to try downloading Debauchery from LoversLab, and this bottomless harness is part of that mod. Not typically my style, but since I have it, I want it to work :)

It's possible the mesh is made for SOS, but given that it's being refitted on a SAM mesh as a revealing armour, I hoped it would work.

Kel_Executioner_Test_Refit.7z

Author
8 hours ago, Keldaryth said:

I can do that - thank you in advance for trying whether or not you manage to work out what's up.

I decided to try downloading Debauchery from LoversLab, and this bottomless harness is part of that mod. Not typically my style, but since I have it, I want it to work :)

It's possible the mesh is made for SOS, but given that it's being refitted on a SAM mesh as a revealing armour, I hoped it would work.

Kel_Executioner_Test_Refit.7z 1.72 MB · 1 download

I took a look at it but it seems fine. Put it in my game and visited Ahtar in Solitude too, and it was working fine on him. Sadly I'm not too sure why it's not working in your game 🤔

Edited by air

2 hours ago, air said:

I took a look at it but it seems fine. Put it in my game and visited Ahtar in Solitude too, and it was working fine on him. Sadly I'm not too sure why it's not working in your game 🤔

Damn. I'll have to look into it. Or maybe I'll just give him some underwear for now. I noticed it when I first visited Solitude which is why I wanted to fix it, maybe it would work on a clean save because *reasons* and clothes that are locked to specific characters.

On the bright side, it's great to know that it's working and it's a quirk in my game, so thank you. :)

So... this feels like a total Noob question - doing a refit using the High Poly HDT mesh trying to get the full Gannicus set working - the body slot loincloths (Slot 32 Body) stuff up and I get a strange line between the body hands and feet (most noticable with the hands). 

It does come with another body mesh included, which I delete to make the clothes just fit the SAM body, but I don't think that's the issue. All the previews look like they should be fine. Any ideas on what's causing this?

20200514181150_1.jpg

20200514181124_1.jpg

Author
16 hours ago, Keldaryth said:

So... this feels like a total Noob question - doing a refit using the High Poly HDT mesh trying to get the full Gannicus set working - the body slot loincloths (Slot 32 Body) stuff up and I get a strange line between the body hands and feet (most noticable with the hands). 

It does come with another body mesh included, which I delete to make the clothes just fit the SAM body, but I don't think that's the issue. All the previews look like they should be fine. Any ideas on what's causing this?

send the file and I'll take a look, it will save some time on guesswork 😅

11 hours ago, air said:

I'm redoing my install of Skyrim LE via Vortex and trying to clean it up first - the issue is something to do with the Hi Poly SAM model not being used for Nude PC, as far as I can tell. I've also noticed the toenails weren't working no matter what I did so I went back to SAM normal HDT which seemed to work.

But I'm now having issues with there being the wrist gap in the 1st person view when not holding a weapon. It's not much, but it's annoying and I don't know if it's just a thing that happens with SAM that I haven't noticed until I tried modding it. That said, I seem to have issues trying to refit any first person view arm thingies at all. Hopefully switching away from NMM will help me diagnose what that issue is

On 5/15/2020 at 10:30 AM, air said:

Strange question - do the Bodyslide preset meshes in the OP include the Sam Hands 2 meshfix? (Linked in this topic). I know the fix was apparently in SAM now, and it definitely works when I'm not wearing armour, but at least with refits I'm trying, the issue remains - it feels like the reference body is being copied into the actual file - would that be fixed if I remove the reference body from the various armour pieces?

Author
5 hours ago, Keldaryth said:

Strange question - do the Bodyslide preset meshes in the OP include the Sam Hands 2 meshfix? (Linked in this topic). I know the fix was apparently in SAM now, and it definitely works when I'm not wearing armour, but at least with refits I'm trying, the issue remains - it feels like the reference body is being copied into the actual file - would that be fixed if I remove the reference body from the various armour pieces?

Hello,

Yes the files included were fixed already. I think this is a different problem from what you're having, though.

On your other guess about the high poly body not being used for the character, I think it's also not the issue because the normal body is compatible with the high poly hands and vise-versa; this won't cause any seams.

If I had to guess, it kind of looks like maybe something is wrong related to the gloves, but I'm not sure. I would be happy to at least take a look at it for you if you want

Edited by air

3 hours ago, air said:

Hello,

Yes the files included were fixed already. I think this is a different problem from what you're having, though.

On your other guess about the high poly body not being used for the character, I think it's also not the issue because the normal body is compatible with the high poly hands and vise-versa; this won't cause any seams.

If I had to guess, it kind of looks like maybe something is wrong related to the gloves, but I'm not sure. I would be happy to at least take a look at it for you if you want

I don't quite know exactly *why* it happened, but I worked out that I need the hand fix and the hands in the preset were a slightly different mesh to the handfix. No idea why. I still get a slight seam issue, but at the moment rebuilding the base model projects seems to have helped. Finally got the second resizing project done, so thank you for the support. I'm honestly surprised I didn't throw in the towel completely :)

I just wanted to say thanks for this tutorial! I was able to refit a lot of outfits for my personal playthrough and it's all thanks to this tutorial! Just wondering what if I wanted to edit the default SAM body for all npcs when nude? When building the High Poly HDT body outfit, it just outputs to a "New Outfit" folder in meshes and the changes aren't reflected in game.

Author
14 minutes ago, philayminyon said:

I just wanted to say thanks for this tutorial! I was able to refit a lot of outfits for my personal playthrough and it's all thanks to this tutorial! Just wondering what if I wanted to edit the default SAM body for all npcs when nude? When building the High Poly HDT body outfit, it just outputs to a "New Outfit" folder in meshes and the changes aren't reflected in game.

If you want to edit the default body you can just drag whatever body you're using into outfit studio and import the .tri file, then edit it and replace your old body with it when you're finished. I wouldn't recommend to use these files for that though since I took out the virtual objects that get used for SMP.

Hello

I'm having a problem with fingernail's textures and toenail's textures in [SE] SAM Hi Poly Hands and [SE] SAM Hi Poly Feet files, respectively. The textures are missing, I guess. In game, they do not appear, they're purple...

Author
14 minutes ago, ft. GB said:

Hello

I'm having a problem with fingernail's textures and toenail's textures in [SE] SAM Hi Poly Hands and [SE] SAM Hi Poly Feet files, respectively. The textures are missing, I guess. In game, they do not appear, they're purple...

the files I provided are using the v1 version of the nails. if you're using the v2 nails and toenails then you can just delete the fingernails from this project, and add in the v2 nails from your samhands_1.nif and samfeet_1.nif that you're using. I will probably add more files for the v2 versions later, at the time I didn't do it since v2 not compatible with all textures and i didn't want to confuse people with too many files. but thinking back on it, it was stupid for me not to include that.

Edited by air