Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

air

[Guide] Refitting for SAM - Shape Atlas for Men

3 minutes ago, air said:

The sharpness is inevitable with these kind of  low-poly meshes. The only way to minimize this is to avoid using the inflate tool as much as possible. Delete the vertices of the body which is being covered by the clothing, so that you wont need to inflate the clothing so much over the body. And maybe consider scaling the size of the clothing up too, to give a starting point with less clipping.

Second issue again, its inevitable. In outfit studio the body is fixed in 1 position and nothing is moving. but in game the character is moving around and they're in different positions all the time, even when idle. Because of that sometimes you wont see clipping in OS but will see it in game.. it just means you have to go back and compensate for that, either by inflating a bit more or deleting whatevers clipping through.

The third issue sounds like an issue with the weighting. Unfortunately that's quite advanced, its outside of the scope of my little guide here but I'm sure theres many guides on painting weights elsewhere if you would like to fix it.

Thanks for the reply. 

I was actually able to fix most if not all the issues after a few more hours of trial and error (That I know of), it was just a LOT of fine tweaking. Had to delete one of the Bands on the right arm because it was always clipping

I am not entirely sure if it looks good though? or if it's just me knowing the flaws of the armor already lol.

Screenshot_2.png

Author
Author of the topic Posted
8 hours ago, Scakk said:

Thanks for the reply. 

I was actually able to fix most if not all the issues after a few more hours of trial and error (That I know of), it was just a LOT of fine tweaking. Had to delete one of the Bands on the right arm because it was always clipping

I am not entirely sure if it looks good though? or if it's just me knowing the flaws of the armor already lol.

Screenshot_2.png

Great, I'm glad you figured it out :) It looks fine to me!

I feel so lucky! Thank you so much for the guide. This is my first time doing refitting and it worked like a charm!

I have a small issues when refitting with Schlong of SAM enabled where the schlong hangs out of the outfit. Is there any way for me to fix it? I assume it's because Schlong of SAM uses a separated NIF for the genital?

Thank you thank you again!

Author
10 hours ago, buxxuc said:

I feel so lucky! Thank you so much for the guide. This is my first time doing refitting and it worked like a charm!

I have a small issues when refitting with Schlong of SAM enabled where the schlong hangs out of the outfit. Is there any way for me to fix it? I assume it's because Schlong of SAM uses a separated NIF for the genital?

Thank you thank you again!

I think in this case it might help to add slot 52 to the outfit to hide the genitals. It would be done in the esp.

Hello! I just got back into Skyrim modding just recently, and I found this and wanted to refit some cool armors. I was able to follow most of the info to a T without much problem. However, the problem I did run into seems to be a big one: the Nif file. I can’t seem to find the correct one that I use in game...I searched but A little sunny is there any chance you could tell me where that it would possibly be it?

3 hours ago, killerstorm said:

Hello! I just got back into Skyrim modding just recently, and I found this and wanted to refit some cool armors. I was able to follow most of the info to a T without much problem. However, the problem I did run into seems to be a big one: the Nif file. I can’t seem to find the correct one that I use in game...I searched but A little sunny is there any chance you could tell me where that it would possibly be it?

More so, I made the files for both and was able to convert it too male, (Im using a female armor.) but everything come up as a red !, even for the female version now

Author
40 minutes ago, silverfox34 said:

More so, I made the files for both and was able to convert it too male, (Im using a female armor.) but everything come up as a red !, even for the female version now

i think it happens when you haven't converted SE outfit to LE (maybe reverse too, not sure)

Author
4 hours ago, killerstorm said:

I'm not sure what you mean? What nif file?

20 hours ago, air said:

I'm not sure what you mean? What nif file?

This is what it's telling me, I believe it has something to do with the NPC root? And I included the Shorts, It's part of the Black Viper WIll Armor, I was just curious to see if I could. It's Modular so that also may be a problem

Outfit studio.png

black shorts.png

Author
11 minutes ago, silverfox34 said:

This is what it's telling me, I believe it has something to do with the NPC root? And I included the Shorts, It's part of the Black Viper WIll Armor, I was just curious to see if I could. It's Modular so that also may be a problem

The version error means the nif isn't made for the game which your outfit studio is set to (for example using legendary edition nif while outfit studio's target game is set to special edition)

You have to change the target game or convert the mesh to whichever edition using nif optimizer tool.

52 minutes ago, air said:

The version error means the nif isn't made for the game which your outfit studio is set to (for example using legendary edition nif while outfit studio's target game is set to special edition)

You have to change the target game or convert the mesh to whichever edition using nif optimizer tool.

Alright thank you! I'll give it a Try, I know I'm using the Special Edition for sure

Hello, thank you air for this guide you made, I've been waiting for a long time to be able to refit an armor by myself, because of a lack of time (which is not really a problem for the time being 'thanks'  to the lockdown) and a lack of a concise, up to date and straightforward guide.

I started my own refit of the Grandmaster Ursine Armor :77667-6-1470643143.jpg

However I am having a problem. When I save my project after adjusting the wireframes to match the samson body, if I close the project and load it back later on, the vast majority of changes I made just disappear. There is no problem with the 'vanilla' weight slider, the changes persist even after I closed the project. But everything that concerns the Samson slider (and maybe the Samuel slider which I've not tested yet) looks like it is not even saved, only minor changes seem to remain and scale 'a bit' (a really tiny bit) with the Samson slider values.

The slider values I am using are :

•  Weight : the heaviest
  •  Samson : 50
  •  Samuel : 20

I am not refitting the armor for values above 50 in Samson and 20 in Samuel because those are the values I am using for my in game character's body (this last being the only one I intend to give this armor to, so I don't need the armor to match higher slider values), but also because it is really difficult for me to ramp up to maximum values and still end up with a clean work (not enough polygons).

Here is an exemple with the UrsineCuirass_1.nif file from the HDT version of the armor (I am using the male XPMSE skeleton as reference skeleton in Outfit Studio).

675204422_Image2.thumb.jpg.00073a8958f8843ae60b66f934561b57.jpg 

This is what happens when I close and then reopen my project. I am at my 8th or 9th attempt ( I don't really remember) and am growing tired (and bald because of my hair getting torn out of my head) of starting back from 0 each time I close my project. Also, I already tried with maximum Samson value (2nd or 3rd attempt) but still got the same problem.

I would greatly appreciate any help and advice about what I may have been doing wrong.

(And happy lockdown)

Author
1 hour ago, 7klxdh said:

Hello, thank you air for this guide you made, I've been waiting for a long time to be able to refit an armor by myself, because of a lack of time (which is not really a problem for the time being 'thanks'  to the lockdown) and a lack of a concise, up to date and straightforward guide.

I started my own refit of the Grandmaster Ursine Armor :

However I am having a problem. When I save my project after adjusting the wireframes to match the samson body, if I close the project and load it back later on, the vast majority of changes I made just disappear. There is no problem with the 'vanilla' weight slider, the changes persist even after I closed the project. But everything that concerns the Samson slider (and maybe the Samuel slider which I've not tested yet) looks like it is not even saved, only minor changes seem to remain and scale 'a bit' (a really tiny bit) with the Samson slider values.

The slider values I am using are :

•  Weight : the heaviest
  •  Samson : 50
  •  Samuel : 20

I am not refitting the armor for values above 50 in Samson and 20 in Samuel because those are the values I am using for my in game character's body (this last being the only one I intend to give this armor to, so I don't need the armor to match higher slider values), but also because it is really difficult for me to ramp up to maximum values and still end up with a clean work (not enough polygons).

Here is an exemple with the UrsineCuirass_1.nif file from the HDT version of the armor (I am using the male XPMSE skeleton as reference skeleton in Outfit Studio).

This is what happens when I close and then reopen my project. I am at my 8th or 9th attempt ( I don't really remember) and am growing tired (and bald because of my hair getting torn out of my head) of starting back from 0 each time I close my project. Also, I already tried with maximum Samson value (2nd or 3rd attempt) but still got the same problem.

I would greatly appreciate any help and advice about what I may have been doing wrong.

(And happy lockdown)

Hi,

the only thing I can think of is that maybe you're conforming at the wrong time, or doing it too often? You only need to conform one time, even if you save the project and continue it later you don't need to conform again. Conforming would undo all your adjustments.

11 hours ago, air said:

Hi,

the only thing I can think of is that maybe you're conforming at the wrong time, or doing it too often? You only need to conform one time, even if you save the project and continue it later you don't need to conform again. Conforming would undo all your adjustments.

Hi, thank you for replying that fast.

You make me think I totally missed the 3B step (where you are conforming the armor parts), I did this the first time, but completely forgot about it for my next attempts. Am I screwed up if I already made my refit for Samson:50 if I didn't 'conform' the parts, considering conforming now would undo all my adjustments ? What is the effect of 'conforming' ?

EDIT : I am completely dumb, it was so simple. Conforming made everything so easy. None of the words I know both in English and my own language can describe how stupid I feel. I apologize for asking dumb questions.

Have a great Week End.

Edited by 7klxdh

Author
3 hours ago, 7klxdh said:

Hi, thank you for replying that fast.

You make me think I totally missed the 3B step (where you are conforming the armor parts), I did this the first time, but completely forgot about it for my next attempts. Am I screwed up if I already made my refit for Samson:50 if I didn't 'conform' the parts, considering conforming now would undo all my adjustments ? What is the effect of 'conforming' ?

EDIT : I am completely dumb, it was so simple. Conforming made everything so easy. None of the words I know both in English and my own language can describe how stupid I feel. I apologize for asking dumb questions.

Have a great Week End.

Don't worry about it, it's such an easy thing to forget haha 😅

I'm glad you figured it out, have a great weekend as well!

Hi, this time I come with a pretty weird problem (which I don't think is due to a lack of reading skills 🙈).

The litteral meaning of the French expression "Être à côté de ses pompes" 🤡 (The litteral translation doesn't sound well in English.)

(https://fr.wiktionary.org/wiki/à_côté_de_ses_pompes)

20200426033905_1.thumb.jpg.d2c8a7d6f7ac27ddd7bc04bc155f8df8.jpg

Everything works fine (Gauntlets and Cuirass) for the moment, the only problem is with the boots.

I've been trying several ways of exporting the .nif file, the way described in this tutorial and many others : 

• with sliders activated/desactivated,
  • with and without reference (box unchecked on project save),
  • with and without body parts
  • And almost every combinations that involve the options above (if I didn't forget any of those. Besides, I didn't forget about using the 'conform' function this time. )

I have attached two exemples of .nif files, almost all of my attempts give me this strange issue, regardless of what I explained above.

That's such a weird problem that I'm even wondering if anybody has ever met one of this kind, but it would be great if anybody had an idea about what to do in my case.

Thanks in advance.

UrsineBoots_1.nif UrsineBoots_1.nif

Edited by 7klxdh

Author
1 hour ago, 7klxdh said:

Hi, this time I come with a pretty weird problem (which I don't think is due to a lack of reading skills 🙈).

The litteral meaning of the French expression "Être à côté de ses pompes" 🤡 (The litteral translation doesn't sound well in English.)

(https://fr.wiktionary.org/wiki/à_côté_de_ses_pompes)

Everything works fine (Gauntlets and Cuirass) for the moment, the only problem is with the boots.

I've been trying several ways of exporting the .nif file, the way described in this tutorial and many others : 

• with sliders activated/desactivated,
  • with and without reference (box unchecked on project save),
  • with and without body parts
  • And almost every combinations that involve the options above (if I didn't forget any of those. Besides, I didn't forget about using the 'conform' function this time. )

I have attached two exemples of .nif files, almost all of my attempts give me this strange issue, regardless of what I explained above.

That's such a weird problem that I'm even wondering if anybody has ever met one of this kind, but it would be great if anybody had an idea about what to do in my case.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I have no idea what's causing this issue, but I'm sure it's not something you're doing wrong because I just tried with the same boots and it also happened to me 😅

But I downloaded the latest Bodyslide (5.0.6) and the problem seemed to no longer happen with this version. Hopefully that can help you!

On 4/26/2020 at 6:55 AM, air said:

Hi,

I have no idea what's causing this issue, but I'm sure it's not something you're doing wrong because I just tried with the same boots and it also happened to me 😅

But I downloaded the latest Bodyslide (5.0.6) and the problem seemed to no longer happen with this version. Hopefully that can help you!

Hi, as I was actually working with the OS version you were using for this tutorial, I tried a newer version following your advice and it worked fine.

Although it was fun stomping on people with two giant boots at the beginning, having two giant foots crushing everything on your path is not the most immersion-friendly thing on Earth.

Again, thank you for helping.

Author

Some vanilla boot meshes use a translation that alters the boot location and then fix it with a skin transform in the skinning data.  This weird shifting causes issues in Outfit Studio where conforming sliders will fail to work properly.  This was fixed in v4.9.0 (Outfit Studio: Don't render the overall skin transform anymore (not rendered in-game).

Open up BodySlide. Find the Settings button and look towards the bottom of the new window where it says "Reference Skeleton." Change the reference skeleton to the skeleton that you are using for males. This is very important or else you will get gaps on your body. Press "Ok" when you are finished.

If I'm working with sam light in the se, where do I find the reference skeleton? I'm using vortex and the folder containing the XP32 skeleton doesn't have any nif I see for male bodies. What am I looking for?

Author
21 minutes ago, philayminyon said:

If I'm working with sam light in the se, where do I find the reference skeleton? I'm using vortex and the folder containing the XP32 skeleton doesn't have any nif I see for male bodies. What am I looking for?

It should. The path for the skeleton in xp32 is meshes> character> character assets> skeleton.nif