Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

air

[Guide] Refitting for SAM - Shape Atlas for Men

This guide has been immensely helpful so thank you air for posting it for all of us to use! I did notice, however, when refitting armors/clothes that have color variants that only the default color will show no matter which color armor/piece of clothing is equipped. For instance, I refitted the Ashara Prince of the Woods armor set to the SAM High Poly HDT body. There are color variants (red, green, black, brown, white, and olive) for most armor parts in the set. Yet, when I equip red trousers for my character the trousers default to green. If I equip white trousers I again end up with the green texture, and the same is true for the other colors (except green since it's already green). How would I go about resolving this issue so that my red trousers stay red, my white armlets stay white, or my black stockings remain black?

Author
Author of the topic Posted
6 hours ago, theshiba said:

This guide has been immensely helpful so thank you air for posting it for all of us to use! I did notice, however, when refitting armors/clothes that have color variants that only the default color will show no matter which color armor/piece of clothing is equipped. For instance, I refitted the Ashara Prince of the Woods armor set to the SAM High Poly HDT body. There are color variants (red, green, black, brown, white, and olive) for most armor parts in the set. Yet, when I equip red trousers for my character the trousers default to green. If I equip white trousers I again end up with the green texture, and the same is true for the other colors (except green since it's already green). How would I go about resolving this issue so that my red trousers stay red, my white armlets stay white, or my black stockings remain black?

Hello, thanks for your kind words.

For outfits like that where there's only 1 mesh for multiple color variations, it becomes even more important to make sure that the trishapes in your refit are in the same positions as they are in the original piece. If anything is out of order then the texture swapping won't work to make the different color variations and everything will default to the original color.

In an earlier post I explained this to someone; this situation doesn't match yours exactly but I hope the visuals will give you a clearer understanding on how to solve it.

On 11/18/2019 at 2:22 PM, air said:

Okay, now that I've seen the files I can show you what's wrong. I'll post in the thread so that if someone else has the issue they can see it

Basically, for outfits which use texture swapping it's important to keep the NiTriShapes in the same order as the original when you refit it. Otherwise it will swap textures incorrectly or not at all. In your files,  SAMBody being at the top has shifted everything else 1 spot lower. We have to move SAMBody from position 1 to position 5 so that everything else can be in proper order.

Reveal hidden contents

helping1.thumb.png.76c6bab7547a0638a8f695f05531e9ea.png

You can move it NifSkope using Spells > Sanitize > Reorder Blocks,  but it's easier to move it in Outfit Studio. Just open your project again, and drag the names to get the correct order. Once the order is correct it will solve your issue.

Reveal hidden contents

helping2.png.ad92e59eb96eae0a735ec1e24a4b9757.png

17 hours ago, air said:

Hello, thanks for your kind words.

For outfits like that where there's only 1 mesh for multiple color variations, it becomes even more important to make sure that the trishapes in your refit are in the same positions as they are in the original piece. If anything is out of order then the texture swapping won't work to make the different color variations and everything will default to the original color.

In an earlier post I explained this to someone; this situation doesn't match yours exactly but I hope the visuals will give you a clearer understanding on how to solve it.

You deserve all of those kind words. I've used this guide to not only refit armors, but to refit paws, hooves, and non-human genitals on to custom beast race characters. Also, your suggestion worked! The alternate color textures show up now. My red trousers are red again lol. Thank you very much for the help.

I've mostly figured out how to do the refits, but I'm having one problem. For some reason the genitals have no texture in game (or in Bodyslide/Outfit Studio) even though I've installed SAM Light. Does anyone know what I'm missing? 

Author
On 11/24/2020 at 2:06 AM, applbttmz said:

I've mostly figured out how to do the refits, but I'm having one problem. For some reason the genitals have no texture in game (or in Bodyslide/Outfit Studio) even though I've installed SAM Light. Does anyone know what I'm missing? 

SAM Light's genital textures are part of the body texture. Simply open the body texture you are using and see if the schlong's there (close to the upper left corner.) If it's missing, you're using textures that weren't created for SAM Light. 

12 hours ago, oh_no_sponolios said:

What if the outfit is much smaller than sam  body? can you make the body fit into the outfit instead? cause it wouldnt look right if the outfit was larger

I think you could shrink the body instead of enlarging the outfit, but you have to be very careful with neck, arm and foot seams. Another option is too zap all body parts that would clip through the outfit. Here's a tutorial

Sorry for my English (machine translation), whatever I do in Outfit Studio - in the game, when I put on the boots that I alter - my character rises a little on the ground. I don’t know how to solve this (maybe the problem with the skeleton, for which the original boots are intended, I just don’t know how to look at its binding to the skeleton) or the problem is simpler, and I simply did not notice it (there is very little material on a similar topic in my language) (I attach my nif, but at the expense of the original - I don't know if I can post (no permission) (I make a change for myself)

UPD^I forgot to add: when I just started the changes, there was a difference in the level between the shoes and the body of the SAM (I corrected, of course, but something hints to me that this is the root of evil) 

UPD2^in the first screenshot it is not visible, but it soars. whole body.

Boots_1.nif

ScreenShot1.png

987876876.PNG

Edited by FarFarDrake

8 hours ago, Dredd said:

SAM Light's genital textures are part of the body texture. Simply open the body texture you are using and see if the schlong's there (close to the upper left corner.) If it's missing, you're using textures that weren't created for SAM Light. 

I think you could shrink the body instead of enlarging the outfit, but you have to be very careful with neck, arm and foot seams. Another option is too zap all body parts that would clip through the outfit. Here's a tutorial

Ok i did it, and i ran into the seams problem. chang the weight in game fixes the neck gap but the wrist stay the same. i tried to manually morph the mesh in outfit studio to make the gaps/seams disappear, and in outfit studio it looks good. but in game its like it doesnt register my changes. i even started a new project with "high poly hands", when you do this is comes with the body that best fits so there were no visible gaps. but one again i got in game and there were gaps in the wrist anyway :/

Can someone  tell me what i did wrong here? https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Lr-uQ4tGcWxKM-bIQ_nlivzYUMyyGPwm/view?usp=sharing the outfit fits right, its just the neck and wrists have seams/gaps. I dont understand why its like this. im using sam body with sam hands, so you would think they would fit perfect. if someone could take a look and spot any mistakes i may have made, i would deeply appreciate it.

On 5/30/2020 at 1:33 PM, air said:

I've just updated the tools to include files for the V2 hands and feet meshes so you'll only need to redownload it and add it to your bodyslide folder again. Using the proper version for your installation should fix the texture issue with the nails.

For your second issue, it's hard to tell if it's what I think it is, but if you're talking about relatively large gaps in the wrist and calves, then it's because the armor is set to use the wrist and calves slots (which would make them invisible.) These slots need to be removed in the esp and also may need to be removed in the mesh itself. If you read this guide here it will tell you how to adjust the slots. I hope it helps with your issue.

Ive been trying to fix this same problem, and i saw twice after endless research that for the gaps in the wrist and neck can be to remove the slots; but when i do that it just makes the gaps in the wrists even larger. beforehand its only really noticable if you look closely, but you can still see inside the wrists and thru the body. any idea how to fix other than removing the effected slots?

As you can see, in outfit studio everything appears to be fine, but in game its a different story. At weight 0 the neck gap (not shown) disappears which im ok with being at weight 0 as an easy fix for the neck. But the wrists still have slits in them. Could anyone please help me to solve this, i know its not impossible to do but this is my first time trying to do a refit/ conversion from LE to SE. Im so close i just need to get rid of the annoying wrist slits. The original body was the vanilla male if this helps. its a male armor intended for male players. I know it might be tedious to help, but ive been at this for a while on my own, and im about to pull my hair out. please someone help me

OS2.thumb.png.4d53b04405c59290f38ec98129018a97.pngOS.thumb.png.71a5e008ee516879ae566fee23649487.png1074541682_Wristgap2.thumb.png.5e340000edc9a586d44f6d036c59d8d4.png1802679345_weight0.thumb.png.4e79be852420f1ff754d367ec05fe8ae.png//

Edited by oh_no_sponolios

Author
22 hours ago, oh_no_sponolios said:

Can someone  tell me what i did wrong here? https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Lr-uQ4tGcWxKM-bIQ_nlivzYUMyyGPwm/view?usp=sharing the outfit fits right, its just the neck and wrists have seams/gaps. I dont understand why its like this. im using sam body with sam hands, so you would think they would fit perfect. if someone could take a look and spot any mistakes i may have made, i would deeply appreciate it.

Ive been trying to fix this same problem, and i saw twice after endless research that for the gaps in the wrist and neck can be to remove the slots; but when i do that it just makes the gaps in the wrists even larger. beforehand its only really noticable if you look closely, but you can still see inside the wrists and thru the body. any idea how to fix other than removing the effected slots?

As you can see, in outfit studio everything appears to be fine, but in game its a different story. At weight 0 the neck gap (not shown) disappears which im ok with being at weight 0 as an easy fix for the neck. But the wrists still have slits in them. Could anyone please help me to solve this, i know its not impossible to do but this is my first time trying to do a refit/ conversion from LE to SE. Im so close i just need to get rid of the annoying wrist slits. The original body was the vanilla male if this helps. its a male armor intended for male players. I know it might be tedious to help, but ive been at this for a while on my own, and im about to pull my hair out. please someone help me

In the files you sent, I don't see any .tri file. If this is what you're installing to your game then it won't work properly. Make sure to tick the "build morphs" box when you're building your outfit so that it will generate a .tri file.

3 minutes ago, air said:

In the files you sent, I don't see any .tri file. If this is what you're installing to your game then it won't work properly. Make sure to tick the "build morphs" box when you're building your outfit so that it will generate a .tri file.

Ive done that, but this is what happens. I google these errors and there was nothing on why this would happen

Tri.png.7a4a6193bb302e9337cfac79cab4fb07.pngTri2.png.ec075957a6172e063a11c622a891b724.png

Author
20 minutes ago, oh_no_sponolios said:

Ive done that, but this is what happens. I google these errors and there was nothing on why this would happen

I looked up the error and saw that it might be related to improper installation of BS/OS through mod organizer. If you're using mod organizer to run it, make sure you installed it properly and running it through mod organizer.

I don't personally run mine through MO though, so I can't offer more advice with that.

1 minute ago, air said:

I looked up the error and saw that it might be related to improper installation of BS/OS through mod organizer. If you're using mod organizer to run it, make sure you installed it properly and running it through mod organizer.

I don't personally run mine through MO though, so I can't offer more advice with that.

ok, well mine isnt running through MO

1 hour ago, air said:

So ive discovered a "workaround" to get the tri file into the folder of the nif. im not sure if this was the right way, but i simply opened the nif with outfit studio, and clicked the option that says "export tri morphs" and now there is a tri file. But having it doesnt change anything..

Author
7 hours ago, oh_no_sponolios said:

ok, well mine isnt running through MO

which is odd, because looking at the error messages you're getting, the files are trying to go into mod organizer's mod folder. If you're not running it through MO, you should have it export your files somewhere else. Personally, I just let the stuff export into my skyrim data folder and move it manually to my mods folder when I'm done working with it.

7 hours ago, oh_no_sponolios said:

So ive discovered a "workaround" to get the tri file into the folder of the nif. im not sure if this was the right way, but i simply opened the nif with outfit studio, and clicked the option that says "export tri morphs" and now there is a tri file. But having it doesnt change anything..

building morphs does more than just generate a .tri file. It also links the .tri file to the nif. It would be best to solve this issue that you're having building the morphs, instead of trying to overlook it or work around it.

2 hours ago, air said:

which is odd, because looking at the error messages you're getting, the files are trying to go into mod organizer's mod folder. If you're not running it through MO, you should have it export your files somewhere else. Personally, I just let the stuff export into my skyrim data folder and move it manually to my mods folder when I'm done working with it.

building morphs does more than just generate a .tri file. It also links the .tri file to the nif. It would be best to solve this issue that you're having building the morphs, instead of trying to overlook it or work around it.

i understand but ive been working on this for days, and not once did i find an answer to what might cause them not to build normally. i dont know what else to do, i know its a functioning program but for me it just doesnt seem to work

Author
12 hours ago, oh_no_sponolios said:

i understand but ive been working on this for days, and not once did i find an answer to what might cause them not to build normally. i dont know what else to do, i know its a functioning program but for me it just doesnt seem to work

Try changing the game data path in the outfit studio settings. Instead of directing it to your mod organizer folder, direct it to the skyrim data folder.

Its always been directed to the skyrim data folder. Anyway, i managed to get it working in game with this "work around". If you hadnt mentioned tri files i probably never wouldve discovered it, while im not happy about needing a work around instead of it just functioning properly, im glad i finally have the outfit working; no neck or wrist gaps. 

Now im working on an hdt hair to go with it, and the hair works in game (idk how because from researching everything implies hair need to be made into wigs to work). the only thing i cannot figure out with the hair is why the bangs fly through my guys face when moving. I have a collision head in the nif for the hair. Was i supposed to include the bones for the head into the xml file?

I'm having an issue that I don't quite get; I refit, and in bodyslide it looks like it should be perfect, but in-game the armor pieces are misaligned - they'll scale out and in with the SAM racemenu sliders, but they're not sitting right / moving quite right with the body. I've tried using the default sam and XP skeleton as my skeleton reference, and it does it the same either way. I've followed every step in the guide precisely as far as I can tell, any suggestions on what I'm missing?

I got it working once but had a different problem so I started over, but now they won't conform properly no matter what I do even if they look like they should be sitting correctly.

Author
1 hour ago, vivaldidi said:

I'm having an issue that I don't quite get; I refit, and in bodyslide it looks like it should be perfect, but in-game the armor pieces are misaligned - they'll scale out and in with the SAM racemenu sliders, but they're not sitting right / moving quite right with the body. I've tried using the default sam and XP skeleton as my skeleton reference, and it does it the same either way. I've followed every step in the guide precisely as far as I can tell, any suggestions on what I'm missing?

I got it working once but had a different problem so I started over, but now they won't conform properly no matter what I do even if they look like they should be sitting correctly.

Without having the access to your project files, I can only presume that BodySlide/Outfit Studio attached the wrong .tri file. Check in Nifskope and browse through each of your meshes and locate the 'wrong' .tri file. 

When this happened to me, I imported one of the Vanilla gloves into my gauntlets; and somehow it attached the tri for that vanilla gloves instead of the tri file built with BodySlide for my own armors. 

Hello, thanks for your tutorial.

I got one problem here. The clothes seem fine after refitting. But the shadow on the clothes will be weird if my char is near the light source.

Any way to fix this or I have to recreate the shadow for the refitted clothes?

On 2/19/2021 at 7:23 AM, johannshah said:

Greetings.

I've tried this tutorial and the refit looked fine but when my character ran, the pants started clipping on the butt. What shall I do?

Two possibilities - you may need to use a HDT body and use the step that allows for movement - copying bone weights.

Alternatively, just make the pants bigger if the above doesn't help or if you've already done it.

Separate Issue: 

Does anyone have tips for scaling full body armour? I've made it mostly work when characters are standing, but I'm getting clipping issues with movement - usually around the armholes where SAM runs into issues with the chest area and upper arm areas crossing over where they wouldn't on the default model. Typically I've been pulling the arm section into the inside of the body and the torso section into the arm as trying to actually lower the armpit hasn't been very successful...

20210225220924_1.jpg

20210225220913_1.jpg

Edited by Keldaryth

1 hour ago, Keldaryth said:

Two possibilities - you may need to use a HDT body and use the step that allows for movement - copying bone weights.

Alternatively, just make the pants bigger if the above doesn't help or if you've already done it.

Separate Issue: 

Does anyone have tips for scaling full body armour? I've made it mostly work when characters are standing, but I'm getting clipping issues with movement - usually around the armholes where SAM runs into issues with the chest area and upper arm areas crossing over where they wouldn't on the default model. Typically I've been pulling the arm section into the inside of the body and the torso section into the arm as trying to actually lower the armpit hasn't been very successful...

20210225220924_1.jpg

20210225220913_1.jpg

Deleting the vertices of the body mesh that are not visible when wearing the armor is the simplest and most effective solution.

For that armor this means removing almost everything except the collarbone, forearms and calves, if and only if the gloves and boots are separate pieces and the head would otherwise appear floating. 

This could also work as a solution for the person you quoted, but without pictures of their armor I cannot say for sure.