Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

air

[Guide] Refitting for SAM - Shape Atlas for Men

Author
23 minutes ago, nappilydeestruction said:

I just noticed this page as well haha.  But I download both your refs and this guides refs.

Yes because this stuff in forum section. Sometimes it will go to page 2 or 3. I suggest move the caliente tools to download section so every member will see this thread exist. XD

Author
Author of the topic Posted
59 minutes ago, Don said:

Whoops, i forgot this thread exist. Why bother i post body reference if i remember this thread exist. Maybe if i may give suggestion,  should move caliente tools to download section and give link to this thread as complete explanation. ?

yeah I think that's a good idea ?

Author
8 hours ago, just4u37 said:

Thank you for your amazing job! ?

Would you be so kind to do a Weight 0 to 1 slider? Then we can add weight support to some clothes more easily. ?

You can do reverse in outfit studio easily. Just activate slider weight 1 and pick menu conversion reference from outfit menu. Try it.

I was able to port some of furb armors over, specifically the wolf armor, and using this guide I was able to add hdt to some. Thanks for the tutorial :)

wolfarmorsam.png

Edited by revoxx

Okay, thanks a lot for this guide! I finally succeeded porting some clothes after a lot of mistakes, I didn't read carfully enough ^^' But I still get some issues, even if it looks okay in outfit studio and bodyslide, I still get some gaps in game. I guess I'll just have to try to remove parts of the body that we are not supposed to see anyway, right?

My other issue is, and I don't know why it's happening, the outfits I'm trying to convert have several recolours, once I convert, I get the default one to show correctly, but all others are messed up. For example, sleeves will have a blank texture and textures on pants will look messed up, showing blank squares and black textures or whatever. Reminds me of bug city glitch in firsts Pokémon games XD

Does anyone know what is going on here and if there is an easy way to fix this? This is the very first time I try converting things and I have zero knowledge, I just religiously followed the guide! XD Thanks in advance!

Author
Author of the topic Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Ranulf said:

Okay, thanks a lot for this guide! I finally succeeded porting some clothes after a lot of mistakes, I didn't read carfully enough ^^' But I still get some issues, even if it looks okay in outfit studio and bodyslide, I still get some gaps in game. I guess I'll just have to try to remove parts of the body that we are not supposed to see anyway, right?

My other issue is, and I don't know why it's happening, the outfits I'm trying to convert have several recolours, once I convert, I get the default one to show correctly, but all others are messed up. For example, sleeves will have a blank texture and textures on pants will look messed up, showing blank squares and black textures or whatever. Reminds me of bug city glitch in firsts Pokémon games XD

Does anyone know what is going on here and if there is an easy way to fix this? This is the very first time I try converting things and I have zero knowledge, I just religiously followed the guide! XD Thanks in advance!

Hi,

For the first issue, it's always possible you'll run into some clipping in the game because the characters will be animated. Running, jumping, crouching, or even standing idly it can all reveal more problems to be fixed. The only way is to test in-game and then continue to adjust in outfit studio until it's good enough for you. But yes, cutting the body away will give the cleanest look.

For the second issue, I think I have an idea what's going on there, but it'll be faster if I can check myself. Can you send me a message with the files giving you trouble so I can check?

Edited by air

13 hours ago, air said:

Hi,

For the first issue, it's always possible you'll run into some clipping in the game because the characters will be animated. Running, jumping, crouching, or even standing idly it can all reveal more problems to be fixed. The only way is to test in-game and then continue to adjust in outfit studio until it's good enough for you. But yes, cutting the body away will give the cleanest look.

For the second issue, I think I have an idea what's going on there, but it'll be faster if I can check myself. Can you send me a message with the files giving you trouble so I can check?

Thanks for the quick answer!

Ah I see. I'll have to try that. :)

As for the files, I first have to convert them all, I'm converting some modern clothing and there are several outfits. I have still many to do and so little time right now, I'll be doing it as soon as I can and send them to you. I think it'll be done by the week, I hope it's all right. Thats' very kind of you!

Author
14 minutes ago, Ranulf said:

Thanks for the quick answer!

Ah I see. I'll have to try that. :)

As for the files, I first have to convert them all, I'm converting some modern clothing and there are several outfits. I have still many to do and so little time right now, I'll be doing it as soon as I can and send them to you. I think it'll be done by the week, I hope it's all right. Thats' very kind of you!

I don't need everything, if you have the nifs of one outfit which is giving you trouble and a link to the original file then that should be enough for me to check ?

4 hours ago, TheDarkPhoenix said:

Havent been on here nor played Skyrim in a few months and looks like the guide has changed? Nice! Does this mean it can batch convert now??

Batch building should be possible, yes!

Author
On 11/17/2019 at 6:27 AM, Ranulf said:

My other issue is, and I don't know why it's happening, the outfits I'm trying to convert have several recolours, once I convert, I get the default one to show correctly, but all others are messed up. For example, sleeves will have a blank texture and textures on pants will look messed up, showing blank squares and black textures or whatever. 

Okay, now that I've seen the files I can show you what's wrong. I'll post in the thread so that if someone else has the issue they can see it

Basically, for outfits which use texture swapping it's important to keep the NiTriShapes in the same order as the original when you refit it. Otherwise it will swap textures incorrectly or not at all. In your files,  SAMBody being at the top has shifted everything else 1 spot lower. We have to move SAMBody from position 1 to position 5 so that everything else can be in proper order.

Spoiler

helping1.thumb.png.76c6bab7547a0638a8f695f05531e9ea.png

You can move it NifSkope using Spells > Sanitize > Reorder Blocks,  but it's easier to move it in Outfit Studio. Just open your project again, and drag the names to get the correct order. Once the order is correct it will solve your issue.

Spoiler

helping2.png.ad92e59eb96eae0a735ec1e24a4b9757.png

Would this guide also be good for skyrim se's sam light + body morph? Can i just re optimize prefitted oldrim armor mods with nifskope optimizer instead of manually refitting them all to sse?

Author
Author of the topic Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Viafn said:

Would this guide also be good for skyrim se's sam light + body morph? 

Yes, the SSE file should have almost anything you would need to make a refit for SAM Light in SE.

18 minutes ago, Viafn said:

Can i just re optimize prefitted oldrim armor mods with nifskope optimizer instead of manually refitting them all to sse?

It's going to be a different case for each armor. If it's an ordinary armor that's not revealing and not using HDT body or weighting, and it's not relying on slot 52 to hide genitals, then it should be fine to just optimize and use.

Edited by air

On 11/18/2019 at 12:54 PM, air said:

Yes, the SSE file should have almost anything you would need to make a refit for SAM Light in SE.

It's going to be a different case for each armor. If it's an ordinary armor that's not revealing and not using HDT body or weighting, and it's not relying on slot 52 to hide genitals, then it should be fine to just optimize and use.

Also i just found out that the highpoly mod has refits

Author
23 minutes ago, Ulfberth said:

Question: What is CT_Mutable for?

To be honest, I have no idea about the details of what it does, but I just know that if the consistency flag is left at Static, many outfits will glitch up whenever morphs are applied to them and they'll show black textures or deformed meshes.

It more or less means it can be mutated, which IMO they should call it manipulatable but I guess thats longer. Malehead is static where as a facegen head is mutable for example. By the game this only matters when something is wanting it to budge basically. Stretchy I guess could be another word

The game reads nif data a lot more than many may assume. A lot of elements are things we are indeed setting, while others are us telling the game what this can do or we want it to do as possible. This one I am not 100% on but I believe it is the signal type as in it has to be actually mutable before that flag matters. Volatile is one I remember using once but cant remember what for, maybe a magic effect

Hi, I’m just delighted with the simplicity and clarity of this manual! Thank you very much for your work.

There is a question related to editing and fitting HDT clothing to SAM Light body. How to make additional bones work the same way as before editing  as on the original. The point with Copy Selected Weights did not work, while saving the project some of the clothes were covered with a mask and there was an error about the missing bones. I have no idea what and how to do.

sdasdasssssssssssssss.png

Author
10 hours ago, Seagay said:

Hi, I’m just delighted with the simplicity and clarity of this manual! Thank you very much for your work.

There is a question related to editing and fitting HDT clothing to SAM Light body. How to make additional bones work the same way as before editing  as on the original. The point with Copy Selected Weights did not work, while saving the project some of the clothes were covered with a mask and there was an error about the missing bones. I have no idea what and how to do.

selecting the bones I mentioned and then copying the weights normally shouldn't have an affect on the rest of the weighting... if you're sure this is the way you're doing it, then it might be that the original mesh has not actually been weighted in those masked areas. If that's the case then it might be fine as is, otherwise you may have to dabble with painting the weights on manually.