Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

air

[Guide] Refitting for SAM - Shape Atlas for Men

1 hour ago, air said:

That's weird, it should be working ?

Is it all working properly before you start 5E1?

If so, then try exporting a .tri file before this step (while the body is still set as reference) and then at 5E2, import both this tri file and the provided tri file. Maybe it will work.

seems like it worked! thank you again ❤️

Thanks for your guide!

I may have a tri problem,in Outfitstudio everything looks fine

1189269881_0730190929.jpeg.f688f5e02d0b108a5299b2dd2c0d6187.jpeg

but there are holes on clothes in game,especially when moving

1613563411_0730190939.jpeg.655927a7508cdfb8e5d4d5401e3f772a.jpeg1235130918_0730190952.jpeg.98bbf0cfbaf1e344afd109d74069ca13.jpeg

?and if I do exactly as 5E,improt the SamNormal.tri and export the tri,it doesn't work at all

480662636_0730191854.jpeg.4f9966408ce69f77f208a35da2658868.jpeg

On 7/30/2019 at 4:29 AM, VegaChou said:

Thanks for your guide!

?and if I do exactly as 5E,improt the SamNormal.tri and export the tri,it doesn't work at all

I had been having the same issues, but Sensei Air (yes, I called Air "Sensei") pointed out a solution mentioned at the bottom of pg1:

On 6/13/2019 at 2:06 PM, air said:

If so, then try exporting a .tri file before this step (while the body is still set as reference) and then at 5E2, import both this tri file and the provided tri file. Maybe it will work.

... but sometimes I find it just better to mask/delete vertices, and save a lot of headache in the long run. That's in the Deleting Parts of the body (or outfit) mesh under Additional Techniques . Just remember you absolutely must do it between 5E2 and 5E3

Edited by TheDarkPhoenix
grammatical errors

Author
Author of the topic Posted
On 7/30/2019 at 7:29 AM, VegaChou said:

Thanks for your guide!

You should definitely expect that there will be differences between how it looks in outfit studio compared to how it will look in game on a moving character, especially on a character that big. There's not much you can do except to compensate for those differences in outfit studio by inflating the mesh even more. Or you can also hide parts of the body by deleting vertices or making zap sliders, whichever will work for you. 

For the second issue, I noticed that sometimes bodyslide will "forget" any adjustments made to the mesh if the reference is unset, and other times it will work fine. I really don't know why it happens,  but I wrote a short workaround for that earlier in the thread. When I have the time I will probably just incorporate this workaround to the main guide to save some headaches.

4 hours ago, TheDarkPhoenix said:

I had been having the same issues, but Sensei Air (yes, I called Air "Sensei") pointed out a solution mentioned at the bottom of pg1:

... but sometimes I find it just better to mask/delete vertices, and save a lot of headache in the long run. That's in the Deleting Parts of the body (or outfit) mesh under Additional Techniques . Just remember you absolutely must do it between 5E2 and 5E3

12 minutes ago, air said:

You should definitely expect that there will be differences between how it looks in outfit studio compared to how it will look in game on a moving character, especially on a character that big. There's not much you can do except to compensate for those differences in outfit studio by inflating the mesh even more. Or you can also hide parts of the body by deleting vertices or making zap sliders, whichever will work for you. 

For the second issue, I noticed that sometimes bodyslide will "forget" any adjustments made to the mesh if the reference is unset, and other times it will work fine. I really don't know why it happens,  but I wrote a short workaround for that earlier in the thread. When I have the time I will probably just incorporate this workaround to the main guide to save some headaches.

?Got it!Thanks for your answers!

Author
On 4/30/2019 at 9:39 AM, The Bottomhood of Steel said:

I'll probably put together a video for those who need one.. cause it's long winded. 

I would be very happy about that named Video. I'm better with Videos than so much Text to read xD

Edited by Darnexx

On 4/30/2019 at 12:39 AM, The Bottomhood of Steel said:

I'll probably put together a video for those who need one.. cause it's long winded. 

This would be amazing. I have been converting armors 1 at a time so anything to save time doing that would be great 

PS I used SAM Light for LE tho. Would the references you attached be the same?

Hi,

really nice guide.

It works well for a lot of things, except meshes who used dynamic textures.

For example, the "green robe" (10cff0). If I import malebody before monkrobes_1.nif, my robe is braun in game. If I import  the monkrobes before the malebody, it will be green.

Do you know why ? Can you tell me what I missed ?

Thanks for your works.

Author
43 minutes ago, Napodan said:

Hi,

really nice guide.

It works well for a lot of things, except meshes who used dynamic textures.

For example, the "green robe" (10cff0). If I import malebody before monkrobes_1.nif, my robe is braun in game. If I import  the monkrobes before the malebody, it will be green.

Do you know why ? Can you tell me what I missed ?

Thanks for your works.

When working with meshes that use texture sets, it's particularly important to keep the shapes in the same order as the original mesh. If the position is not the same, then the texture swapping will not work and it will default to the original textures. 

If the first shape in the mesh is the robe on the original mesh, then it also needs to be the first shape after you do the refit.

17 hours ago, air said:

When working with meshes that use texture sets, it's particularly important to keep the shapes in the same order as the original mesh. If the position is not the same, then the texture swapping will not work and it will default to the original textures. 

If the first shape in the mesh is the robe on the original mesh, then it also needs to be the first shape after you do the refit.

I switched (with nifskope) the SAMBody node with the robes node in "SAM high poly conversion 1.4" and now, I have my green robe. Thanks a lot.

I have only one question, using your guide to refit clothes, can I import the clothe before the sambody or must I import sambody before the clothes and then switch the 2 nodes in nifskope. Has the order of import an importance in your guide ?

Author
34 minutes ago, Napodan said:

I switched (with nifskope) the SAMBody node with the robes node in "SAM high poly conversion 1.4" and now, I have my green robe. Thanks a lot.

I have only one question, using your guide to refit clothes, can I import the clothe before the sambody or must I import sambody before the clothes and then switch the 2 nodes in nifskope. Has the order of import an importance in your guide ?

yes, either way is fine. :)

Thank you for writing this in-depth tutorial. I have never done any refits before and this tutorial made the whole process easier.

Made a few refits already for my character. Will be posting up some screenshots soon I guess.

Just noticed this and I am surprised scaling of vertices wasnt mentioned. I wont recommend releasing a mod where you did this, but for your use in a pinch a small edit to x or y scale can completely seal a gap in your gear. I use this all the time its incredibly handy

Keep backups of your nifs. Best practice no matter what edits you are making but def here since it can take a few tries for precision

55 minutes ago, Darnexx said:

What Version of Bodyslide do I have to use when I want to refit for SE?

4.6.0 doens't have the option to import/export tir files.. :o

It was OS 4.6.2 that eradicated import/ export .tri. 

Even v. 4.6.1 has the import/ export functions, as shown below: 

os_4_6_1_sse.thumb.png.ed723ace1f34f20f3957f0e42aebc4e7.png

Author
37 minutes ago, y_sengaku said:

It was OS 4.6.2 that eradicated import/ export .tri. 

Even v. 4.6.1 has the import/ export functions, as shown below: 

Hide contents

os_4_6_1_sse.thumb.png.ed723ace1f34f20f3957f0e42aebc4e7.png

Ahh it's down there ok! The newest Verion has that option too, thanks for clearing this to me. :)

Author

Mhh I think when I had to load the tri files in again it fucked the body up. Since it's asking again to replace the sliders.

:/ First try on SAM Modding was a fail.. xD At least the Armor moved with the sliders.. xD

Is there any difference between SAM Light SE (High Poly) and SAM Full modding?

Edit: I feel like I need a Guide for SAM Light SE, it's confusing me @_@ ....

I got the body to work now BUT the sliders won't work samson/samuel even tho they did in OS and Bodyslide.

Spoiler

ScreenShot354.thumb.png.c48231ae70a67688fa68eca34cdebf5a.pngScreenShot355.thumb.png.b6fd8e6fba4e23e67ba46bb745a1029f.png

Edited by Darnexx

5 hours ago, Darnexx said:

Is there any difference between SAM Light SE (High Poly) and SAM Full modding?

Edit: I feel like I need a Guide for SAM Light SE, it's confusing me @_@ ....

I got the body to work now BUT the sliders won't work samson/samuel even tho they did in OS and Bodyslide.

Have you converted/ optimized the meshes for SE?

I've heard that the LE meshes did not morph correctly without the convertion from NiTriShape to BSTriShape that are optimized for SE (.tri file does not need any conversion).

I'll keep and work with my LE OS/ CK for a while to make the published refit both LE and SE at least for a while, so I know little about  the refit tutorial for SE proper. Sorry.

Author
7 minutes ago, y_sengaku said:

Have you converted/ optimized the meshes for SE?

I've heard that the LE meshes did not morph correctly without the convertion from NiTriShape to BSTriShape that are optimized for SE (.tri file does not need any conversion).

I'll keep and work with my LE OS/ CK for a while to make the published refit both LE and SE at least for a while, so I know little about  the refit tutorial for SE proper. Sorry.

I got it to work after trying around again. Only the Bone weight wasn't perfect on the Top, the Arms stretched it out. But I have like Zero knowlege about that so I kept it. It was a try only anyways to find out how to refit SAM 8D

Oh and OS asked you if you want to converte the Meshes so they work for SE.

Spoiler

ScreenShot356.thumb.png.97f8f17a01462b0723af5bf6ffcec133.pngScreenShot357.thumb.png.52db9c5be8f371589d4aaa0f4e507eb2.png

Edited by Darnexx

I'm using BS 4.7.0, and I can export tri files. But some times, the export doesn't work as expected. I add one step:

5E.0 (just before 5E.1) I export the tri file (with a name different from the step 5E.3). So if the final tri file doesn't work, I tried with the first (the first will have only the clothe/armor sliders but not the body). If it works, for samuel/samson, I import it and redo step 5E.1 and so on (I don't have to do all the refit part...)

It seems there are some fix in BS 4.7.4 about tri files but I had some crash with this version when coloring weight so I can't really use it.

Author

Whoops, i forgot this thread exist. Why bother i post body reference if i remember this thread exist. Maybe if i may give suggestion,  should move caliente tools to download section and give link to this thread as complete explanation. ?

11 minutes ago, Don said:

Whoops, i forgot this thread exist. Why bother i post body reference if i remember this thread exist. Maybe if i may give suggestion,  should move caliente tools to download section and give link to this thread as complete explanation. ?

I just noticed this page as well haha.  But I download both your refs and this guides refs.

On 4/30/2019 at 12:39 AM, The Bottomhood of Steel said:

I would love this so much man!  Lets us know if you got that done ❤️