Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

air

[Guide] Refitting for SAM - Shape Atlas for Men

It's fine, mate! Your guide has helped us a lot! 😉 And thanks for the quick response.

This .nifs You're reffering to, where do I find them? data/meshes/actors/character/character assets perhaps?

I tried that already and It looked odd... as if It's not even there.

I'm having another issue with hands and feet parts of armors when they are small/short and they do not cover it all. I'm having a gap between the SAM body and the hand part with a small glove/sleeve or the foot part with a small shoe/boot. Did I make myself clear?  I've uploaded two images of the Tera Armors I'm currently trying to refit in Outfit Studio showing this. Unfortunately, I don't know how to take a picture in game without the printscreen key. Some of my keyboard's keys are not working properly ever since I've spilled beer on it...

So, any thoughts?

Castanic Hunter Gloves.jpg

Rysio Boots.jpg

Author
Author of the topic Posted
3 hours ago, ft. GB said:

It's fine, mate! Your guide has helped us a lot! 😉 And thanks for the quick response.

This .nifs You're reffering to, where do I find them? data/meshes/actors/character/character assets perhaps?

I tried that already and It looked odd... as if It's not even there.

I'm having another issue with hands and feet parts of armors when they are small/short and they do not cover it all. I'm having a gap between the SAM body and the hand part with a small glove/sleeve or the foot part with a small shoe/boot. Did I make myself clear?  I've uploaded two images of the Tera Armors I'm currently trying to refit in Outfit Studio showing this. Unfortunately, I don't know how to take a picture in game without the printscreen key. Some of my keyboard's keys are not working properly ever since I've spilled beer on it...

So, any thoughts?

I've just updated the tools to include files for the V2 hands and feet meshes so you'll only need to redownload it and add it to your bodyslide folder again. Using the proper version for your installation should fix the texture issue with the nails.

For your second issue, it's hard to tell if it's what I think it is, but if you're talking about relatively large gaps in the wrist and calves, then it's because the armor is set to use the wrist and calves slots (which would make them invisible.) These slots need to be removed in the esp and also may need to be removed in the mesh itself. If you read this guide here it will tell you how to adjust the slots. I hope it helps with your issue.

Author
11 hours ago, DiaboliHellscream said:

Whenever I edit an armor piece with physics (for example, a cloak or a loincloth) the whole thing gets static ingame, losing it's physics completely.

What am I doing wrong?:( 

probably nothing. i think bodyslide does not export the necessary data for things like cloth physics. i don't know a proper workaround for that since I don't have much experience with those hdt armors, sorry

6 hours ago, air said:

probably nothing. i think bodyslide does not export the necessary data for things like cloth physics. i don't know a proper workaround for that since I don't have much experience with those hdt armors, sorry

Omg Air replied to me :0 Thanks I guess I'll stick to non physics armors for my characters then:( 

Great guide but maybe I missed something but i'm trying to refit an underwear mod, how do i refit it for the genitals to scale along with the penis size and body in game?

Author
4 hours ago, Umomo said:

Great guide but maybe I missed something but i'm trying to refit an underwear mod, how do i refit it for the genitals to scale along with the penis size and body in game?

not sure what you mean, if it's refitted properly then the genitals should be scaling with the body and penis size as intended. if it's not then something is incorrect

unless you are talking about the bulge of the underwear?

А как редактировать гениталии мужчин?? Простите я не изучал английский ,а русской версии сайта нет.Хотя Боди слайд найти для мужских тел в гугл мне не удалось только ваш вариант!

Author
33 minutes ago, pastor1950 said:

А как редактировать гениталии мужчин?? Простите я не изучал английский ,а русской версии сайта нет.Хотя Боди слайд найти для мужских тел в гугл мне не удалось только ваш вариант!

ربما من الأفضل كتابة

منشورك باللغة الإنجليزية؟

Edited by Don

9 hours ago, pastor1950 said:

Translation: How to edit genitals of men?? Sorry I have not learnt English and Russian version of the site does not exist. Wanted to find bodyside for male bodies. Could not find anything on google except your variant (sam). 
I can read Russian but I can not write it so trust the next part to google translate
1.Установить САМ
2.установить SAM Morphs for RaceMenu. 
3.ты можешь найти генитальные морфы в Racemenu

16 hours ago, air said:

not sure what you mean, if it's refitted properly then the genitals should be scaling with the body and penis size as intended. if it's not then something is incorrect

unless you are talking about the bulge of the underwear?

Yes exactly, i refitted the underwear to scale with the body but the bulge wont scale with the genitals.

Author
1 hour ago, Umomo said:

Yes exactly, i refitted the underwear to scale with the body but the bulge wont scale with the genitals.

I think if you copy the genital base bone to the underwear then it will scale with skeleton scaling. To make it scale with penis size you would need to edit the underwear while the penis size slider is activated.

On 6/14/2020 at 7:27 PM, air said:

I think if you copy the genital base bone to the underwear then it will scale with skeleton scaling. To make it scale with penis size you would need to edit the underwear while the penis size slider is activated.

Ill give it a shot. might take a while though cause i've been busy...

So I think I am getting the hang of this... barely. I am trying to bring an LE mod to SE.

I followed someone's guide there to use already existing SAM reference when startin a new project, and loading the meshes of the outfit. I erased the NIF text on the SAMBody area and Conform Selected. So far so good, the piercings morph with the body. I saved, and in BodySlide I build it. In-game it works, except for some odd reason only one half of the piercing works. The other half of the piercing (usually left side) is textureless. I inserted two pics to show the weirdness of the left piercing. Any idea what causes this?

ScreenShot32.png

ScreenShot34.png

Edited by wuffiekun123

10 hours ago, Aquilles said:

some parts of the tutorial don't match

Ah I see, What should I do then?

EDIT: I redid the whole thing again from the scratch and still have the same problem.

ScreenShot35.png

Edited by wuffiekun123

@air  Hello, I would very much like to translate this guide into Spanish if you give me permission, I am new to this, if you give me permission, could you tell me the correct way to give credit to the author?

On 4/21/2019 at 10:52 PM, air said:

Refitting Guide for SAM - Shape Atlas for Men

Author
18 hours ago, Nachtigall Miseme said:

@air  Hello, I would very much like to translate this guide into Spanish if you give me permission, I am new to this, if you give me permission, could you tell me the correct way to give credit to the author?

Of course! Feel free to make a translation! 😃

There's no need to give me credit, but since the bodyslide files are using assets from Vector and KouLeifoh you can credit them. Thanks!

I have a new issue again.... I'm trying to refit the resplendent armor mod for SAM, and it almost worked. The only thing is that the built in cloak of the armor had its own hdt physics but refitting through this guide causes them to stop working in game. I'm still new to outfitstudio/bodyslide so maybe i just did something wrong or im missing another step?

14 minutes ago, AOF said:

You need to copy nistringextradata from original armor and paste to your refit nif file in the ShapeData folder.

That worked! Thanks so much! I have a little hdt shaking near the genital area despite it all but i'm overall happy with my refit!

Author
On 7/31/2020 at 9:19 PM, AOF said:

You need to copy nistringextradata from an original armor and paste to your refit nif file in the ShapeData folder.

Maybe need add this information for extra refit guide. Not many peoples know how to refit hdt stuff especially if they newbie with big obsession. This web contain more information about refit more than loverslab. 

Trying to master refitting, but i have come across an issue regarding long boots, i can't use the foot reference as it will mask the upper portion but if i use the body reference the foot will kinda just disappear in ground instead of walking, which in turn makes some poses or running animations look strange as the foot area has no bone weights, Is there a way to remedy this?

Author
1 hour ago, GoatsAreCute said:

Trying to master refitting, but i have come across an issue regarding long boots, i can't use the foot reference as it will mask the upper portion but if i use the body reference the foot will kinda just disappear in ground instead of walking, which in turn makes some poses or running animations look strange as the foot area has no bone weights, Is there a way to remedy this?

Do these steps PRECISELY. Read every words I wrote. 

1. With your boots mesh selected and SAMFeet set as reference, click Conform Selected and Copy Bone Weights.
    This will transfer the weight and slider information of SAMFeet mesh into the feet-portion of your boots. 
  2. Now, right click SAMBody, and set it as Reference. 
  3. Hit Save As (so you don't overwrite air's project file) and a warning will show up, telling you have unweighted meshes, which is the upper part of your boots, the one that intersect with the calves. Upon returning to your project without saving, you will notice that OS will automatically blackens (mask) the unweighted portion of your boots. Do note that if you change your reference, this auto-mask will go away but you can trigger it again by saving your project. 
  4. Now, with the boots masked, you want to Invert your mask, so that it covers portion of your boots that has already been weighted, This is very important. 
  5. Again, click Conform Selected and Copy Bone Weights while having your boots selected and SAMBody set as reference. This will transfer your the thigh, knee, and calves weight as well as sliders information of SAMBody to the upper portion of your boots. 
  6. That's it, you're done. Unless you have parts of the boots that jutted out beyond the auto-weight coverage they might need to be touched up by going to the bones tab. 
  7. Also check your partition tab, to make sure each part of the mesh is set to the correct Biped slots. 

7 hours ago, kreiste said:

Do these steps PRECISELY. Read every words I wrote. 

1. With your boots mesh selected and SAMFeet set as reference, click Conform Selected and Copy Bone Weights.
    This will transfer the weight and slider information of SAMFeet mesh into the feet-portion of your boots. 
  2. Now, right click SAMBody, and set it as Reference. 
  3. Hit Save As (so you don't overwrite air's project file) and a warning will show up, telling you have unweighted meshes, which is the upper part of your boots, the one that intersect with the calves. Upon returning to your project without saving, you will notice that OS will automatically blackens (mask) the unweighted portion of your boots. Do note that if you change your reference, this auto-mask will go away but you can trigger it again by saving your project. 
  4. Now, with the boots masked, you want to Invert your mask, so that it covers portion of your boots that has already been weighted, This is very important. 
  5. Again, click Conform Selected and Copy Bone Weights while having your boots selected and SAMBody set as reference. This will transfer your the thigh, knee, and calves weight as well as sliders information of SAMBody to the upper portion of your boots. 
  6. That's it, you're done. Unless you have parts of the boots that jutted out beyond the auto-weight coverage they might need to be touched up by going to the bones tab. 
  7. Also check your partition tab, to make sure each part of the mesh is set to the correct Biped slots. 

Everything about you radiates awesomeness, Thanks.