Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Naurdor

SAM Installation Guide for Skyrim LE

sh1ny

This guide is for Skyrim Legendary Edition (aka 'Oldrim') only!

For Special Edition setup, please refer to SAM Light download page.

Message added by sh1ny

Author of the topic Posted
On 20/07/2017 at 1:51 PM, Mystery said:

And How Do I use modular Armors? I installed the Mod, but so far I don't see the option to use it, is it armor specific or Am I missing somethin?

The modular armours mod lets you customise a few of the armours in Nifskope a bit easier if you know what you're doing, I just generally use the defaults to be a little more revealing.

Admin

@shendragon710, you don’t need to install individual files. Instead, add SAM archives (files with .7z extension) to a mod manager of your choice and then proceed with the installation. Alternatively, unpack the contents of archives into your /Data folder relative to your Skyrim directory.

General info about installing mods for Skyrim can be found here, for instance.

11 hours ago, sh1ny said:

@shendragon710, you don’t need to install individual files. Instead, add SAM archives (files with .7z extension) to a mod manager of your choice and then proceed with the installation. Alternatively, unpack the contents of archives into your /Data folder relative to your Skyrim directory.

General info about installing mods for Skyrim can be found here, for instance.

what do you mean archive it? is there some already archive in the sam folder? im just not understanding because when i look through the folder i see the texture folder and etc and dint find any archives. also when i tried to add it to nexus mod manger it didn't work as it didn't recognize the files because it was not an archive. and that bsa stuff when i unpacked it didnt work at all. look can someone give me a super dumbed down way step by step of what to do with no implied details left out.

Edited by shendragon710

Admin

@shendragon710, archives are what you download from our website. Look closely at the extensions: do you see them ending with .7z? That's what you add to your mod manager. 

IMG_0264.thumb.PNG.c782ada347bd339defd240d265804e01.PNG

Alternatively, you can re-pack your SAM mod files into any kind of archive with any archiving program you like, be it Windows' ZIP utility, WinZIP, WinRAR, 7-Zip, or something else. It's important that your archive format is compatible with your mod manager, so I'd bet on zip and 7z formats being most popular, but rar could be supported as well.

You can redownload files on SAM download page:

30 minutes ago, sh1ny said:

@shendragon710, archives are what you download from our website. Look closely at the extensions: do you see them ending with .7z? That's what you add to your mod manager. 

IMG_0264.thumb.PNG.c782ada347bd339defd240d265804e01.PNG

Alternatively, you can re-pack your SAM mod files into any kind of archive with any archiving program you like, be it Windows' ZIP utility, WinZIP, WinRAR, 7-Zip, or something else. It's important that your archive format is compatible with your mod manager, so I'd bet on zip and 7z formats being most popular, but rar could be supported as well.

You can redownload files on SAM download page:

no i mean i couldn't install smas core. but now i think i have it up and running but now all the men are disappearing into thin air in front of me and i get a lot of transparent parts. wait how do i install same core properly? right now i just turned it into an archive but i guess thats not how you do it?

Admin

@shendragon710, transparent "parts" and disappearing models mean that there’re referenced resources that are absent from your game files. What I suggest is to remove all SAM-related files entirely for your setup, re-download SAM and install it by adding archive files straight into your mod manager. No need to extract them manually at this point. When you have added them into NMM/MO, click on each SAM module twice in order to activate it.

Don’t install conflicting options such as SD and HD textures simultaneously. Start from SAM Core, pick either SD or HD texture pack, and (that’s entirely optional) select one or several modular or ‘revealing’ armor sets to match a beefed up body.

Don’t forget about the prerequisites mentioned in the guide.

Hi! I'm very new to using the S.A.M mod and I have a question. When i install the sam core zip-file with Mod Organizer it tells me that the dawnguard.esm is missing. Is it necessary to have dawnguard installed to use S.A.M?  And also, when I checked the download page for the unofficial legendary skyrim patch it says that I also need Heartfire and Dragonborn DLC to make it work. Do I need all those files to make S.A.M work or could I skip them? This is probably a silly question, but I need som help with this. 

Admin

Hello @Bernt92,

Welcome to VectorPlexus.com! No, it’s not mandatory to have any DLCs installed in order to get SAM to work. The only thing you have to do is to disable 'SAM - Dawnguard Patch.esp' and 'SAM - Dragonborn Patch.esp’ (if there’s one) plugins after installing SAM and its modules.

ULSP (Unofficial Legendary Skyrim Patch) is for Skyrim: Legendary Edition, which includes all three DLCs. What you want to download is Unofficial Skyrim Patch, but it is no longer supported due to being superseded by ULSP.

Author
47 minutes ago, Mystery said:

Is there a way I can make it so only my character wears skimpy armor and nobody else?

(and if possible, make it so characters I choose can were skimpy armor?)

Most revealing armors available right now replace the vanilla armors, so it's either all or none for now. A solution would be to turn skimpy armors into new objects instead of replacing the vanilla ones. Then you could have both kinds at the same time and simply hand the skimpy version out to your followers. A few armor mods available here already do that, like rhavik's modular tsun armor if I remember correctly (and armors that don't have a vanilla counterpart, of course). It should be a relatively easy modification I think, but I'm not a modder, so I don't know if there are any technical difficulties to it.

I'm unfortunately having some issues as well, mainly being that the MCM menu won't ever show up. I will launch the game, wait for about 10 minutes and the menu will never show up, even after the console command of setstage SKI_ConfigManagerInstance 1.

I was wondering if my load order was bad or if I just should install it manually instead.

loadorder.PNG

I've been experiencing an issue, and I would grateful if anyone recognizes my problem and could offer advice. (Also, let me say that this is a great mod and I appreciate all the work that's gone into it.)

I've never really been able to get SAM to work completely. I always run into issues with racemenu, or somehow wind up with bizarre texture bugs. This time, I thought I had got everything working properly - except now I'm experiencing a crashing issue. If I run the game with the SAM esp enabled, it will crash every time I try to load any save that isn't an autosave. I can run the game just fine without the esp and retain the body and textures, but I can't make any of the adjustments available through the MCM (and of course the crotch is missing). I can load autosaves for some reason, but it seems to be very unstable.

If I could just get the crotch back, I could live without the esp.

Uhmmm. Well, basically I load my game and It works fine. Well... not completely. The Scholngs don't work. I enable them but my person just wears underwear and that's it.

Second, whenever I try to open RaceMenu, it crashes.

I don't know if any mods are conflicting. I'm new to mods--

image.thumb.png.c06f6faf07df80a8e0b3f6b36c131c28.png

Everything works for me except the modular armors, I saw on a youtube clip that they're supposed to show up in the MCM so that you can modify but it doesn't show for me. I've followed the guide to the letter and everything else works great. Does anyone know what's wrong? I'm using MO.

@Muffinn  It seems like a mesh issue to me. Although I cannot see much problems with your plugin list in NMM (I'm not as familiar with that as with MO), it only shows the esp/esm you installed and not what other mods you installed which may conflict or support SAM. Do you have HDT physics extensions installed? Which version of Racemenu did you use?

@Snusmumriken157  I don't think the MCM menu for modular armor was finished. So right now, the only way to modify modular armor is through nifscope.