Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Naurdor

SAM Installation Guide for Skyrim LE

sh1ny

This guide is for Skyrim Legendary Edition (aka 'Oldrim') only!

For Special Edition setup, please refer to SAM Light download page.

Message added by sh1ny

On 9/12/2016 at 0:35 PM, WonderfulNightmare said:

The only problem I am having is with the Legacy Skimpy Armours optional files and or the Vanilla Refits package. I can't get either one to work. [...]
 have a few facial hair and hair mods working alongside along with the AdultAccessoriesForMen for SAM mod working (from Hall of Torque IIRC or LoversLab). All these things work fine but not along with the dragged and dropped Vanilla Refits. Can you help me figure out what's preventing the armours from being skimpy? I dont think its the AAFM mod i have since there were no overwrite conflicts nor does it use any of the meshes from SAM other than to add cock and nipple rings.

Please help!

Define "not working": do they not appear in-game? They don't morph? They don't change the body texture? Armors are just not skimpy after you installed the package?

Mind that the Skimpy armors OVERWITE the meshes of the vanilla/refitted armor, so you might just have them installed in the wrong place (as "there were no overwrite conflicts") or the vanilla refits overwrite the skimpy armors.

Nice Guide. You really helped me fix the problems I had with SAM before.

However, I still have a small problem. I use Moonlight Tales Essential, and when I transform into a werewolf, SAM seem to overwrite my werewolf's eyes. I can still change the werewolf model with MTE no problem, but the eyes are really bugging me. SAM doesn't have the Amber eyes I want for my werewolf. Also, MTE seems to overwrite SAM's werewolf model. I only see SAM's model for a split second whenever I change something in MTE MCM menu.

I also installed the SAM Optional Moonlight Tales Essentials patch. It didn't seem to do anything.

Edited by Draugen

Thanks for all the helpful tips on this thread - I just started using SAM in place of SOS, like today, and wasn't sure what I needed to do.

I'm still not sure how to set the body scaling properly yet. As I understand it, Samson makes the actors buff, buffer and buffest, but Samuel makes them chubby(?). Do I have that right? I have the schlong part working properly, it's just the body morphing I'm not as familiar with yet.

If I want a lean (not skinny or scrawny) muscular guy, with you know, wide shoulders, but not real bulky muscles, would I need to adjust the Samuel settings at all? Right now, I have my Nord char set at Samson - 0 and Samuel - 0, and he looks pretty good, but there doesn't seem to be any room to make him leaner. If anyone could point me in right direction, it would be much appreciated.

And I'm liking SAM much better than SOS or Favored Souls! 

Author
3 hours ago, GenieSweetie said:

Thanks for all the helpful tips on this thread - I just started using SAM in place of SOS, like today, and wasn't sure what I needed to do.

I'm still not sure how to set the body scaling properly yet. As I understand it, Samson makes the actors buff, buffer and buffest, but Samuel makes them chubby(?). Do I have that right? I have the schlong part working properly, it's just the body morphing I'm not as familiar with yet.

If I want a lean (not skinny or scrawny) muscular guy, with you know, wide shoulders, but not real bulky muscles, would I need to adjust the Samuel settings at all? Right now, I have my Nord char set at Samson - 0 and Samuel - 0, and he looks pretty good, but there doesn't seem to be any room to make him leaner. If anyone could point me in right direction, it would be much appreciated.

And I'm liking SAM much better than SOS or Favored Souls! 

If you go into the values in the MCM you might be able to alter the waist sizes and what not, not sure how well that goes with making characters smaller as I'm usually on the Samuel (chubby) side making them bigger :)

Another option might be the slider extension (which I believe is on here somewhere) so you might be able to bring these values into negatives to thin them out but never tried so no idea if that would work. That's just opened through the console. Someone on LL also made aracemenu plugin that helps to change these sliders but haven't really played around with that.

Thanks for the help! I did see the values menu or section in the MCM, and it was a little confusing to me. BUT...playing around with a mod is half the fun, so I'll just be adjusting those values...and see what happens. :)

If that doesn't work, I'll look for the slider and see if that helps.

Thanks again!

I have another question. It's not a problem, exactly, but it seems like it might not be...right...exactly, either.

It happens when I kill a male bandit, or whatever, and strip him of all his loot, including the armor. For a few seconds, he's wearing brown underwear, and then the underwear magically disappears and his schlong pops out like a jack-in-the box. I have the schlong enabled. Oh, and I have the vanilla texture refit and the SD texture.

So, does anyone else experience this? Like I said, it's not a problem, because the schlong eventually appears, but it's kind of funny, which is a little distracting.

Thanks!

14 hours ago, TheOnionKnight said:

@GenieSweetie

Sounds like some script lag ( I think thats what its called), not much you can do about that

I have the same with the textures, takes a sec to apply them after I strip the character but only like a split second then its fine

I have an old, archaic computer, so if script lag is involved, it would probably lag even longer on mine. :)

Thanks!

I'm currently having an issue with my installation of SAM, it's working fine for all the regular humanoid races (nords, elves, orcs etc.) but for my beast races, both Khajiit and Argonian I'm currently not getting any schlong for them, just an empty space where the crotch is. I've tried reinstalling along with even replacing the meshes and textures with various compatible skins but still no luck :/

Does anybody know of any way to fix this? it's frustrating because for all the other races the mod is working perfectly fine.

On 12/20/2016 at 3:07 AM, TheOnionKnight said:

If you go into the values in the MCM you might be able to alter the waist sizes and what not, not sure how well that goes with making characters smaller as I'm usually on the Samuel (chubby) side making them bigger :)

Another option might be the slider extension (which I believe is on here somewhere) so you might be able to bring these values into negatives to thin them out but never tried so no idea if that would work. That's just opened through the console. Someone on LL also made aracemenu plugin that helps to change these sliders but haven't really played around with that.

Just an update on this, for anyone else that is having issues with body scaling:

I did as TheOnionKnight suggested, using the MCM menu to adjust body values, and I also changed the starting weight of my character from 100 to 50 and then buffed him up a little from there. Once I started playing around with MCM values, it was actually not confusing at all. Anyway, this did the trick for me, so I'm just passing it along and hope it can help out someone else.

Hello, first of all, thanks to everyone involved in SAM. Truly a great addition to Skyrim.
And second, excuse me if my english is lacking, I'd say I'm still learning. Thank you

Unfortunately, I have some questions to ask regarding SAM. 

1. Problem: Whenever an animation plays that involves nudity for my character, the body textures "change" and only when I change it's SAM values on the Mod screen, the correct textures come back (ie: As soon as the animation start, the hairy body is replaced for a smooth body, and only when I change any SAM value, such as testicle or schlong size, the hairy body texture comes back). What's the cause of this problem? How do I fix it? Thank you in advance!

2. Question: I want to install the physics extension that lets pecs and ass bounce. However, I do not know wich one is it, or how to install, what to download or not, etc. Could someone point to me what to download, where, etc?. Thank you in advance!

On 11/19/2016 at 4:29 PM, Naurdor said:

Hmm that's kinda odd... When I go to download the files I see all these. Not sure why you can't unfortunately:

SAM Download Files.png

I'm not sure if they changed things, but those last two files are missing for me. Here's what it looks like for me.

sam_files.png

Am I missing something? I managed to get the mod to work, but now all the basic clothing shrinks my character's wrists and meshes through my character's forums 

Does anyone have a working SAM Enderal setup? I can't seem to get mine to work. The schlong shows through armor and the default underwear is visible naked with the schlong through it. I have Realistic Ragdolls, RaceMenu, SkyUI (from Enderal), and XPMSE installed. I'm not sure if it's because the SAM Enderal patch is outdated or that something isn't working right.

On 1/21/2017 at 9:16 PM, MODEM said:

I'm not sure if they changed things, but those last two files are missing for me. Here's what it looks like for me.

sam_files.png

Am I missing something? I managed to get the mod to work, but now all the basic clothing shrinks my character's wrists and meshes through my character's forums 

To get the Vanilla Refits you need to click the button "See changelog" and select "October 21 2016". You'll get another download button close to the "See changelog" button. Hit that button and you'll get a download list with the skimpy armors and the Vanilla Refits.

On 12/16/2016 at 4:52 AM, Draugen said:

Nice Guide. You really helped me fix the problems I had with SAM before.

However, I still have a small problem. I use Moonlight Tales Essential, and when I transform into a werewolf, SAM seem to overwrite my werewolf's eyes. I can still change the werewolf model with MTE no problem, but the eyes are really bugging me. SAM doesn't have the Amber eyes I want for my werewolf. Also, MTE seems to overwrite SAM's werewolf model. I only see SAM's model for a split second whenever I change something in MTE MCM menu.

I also installed the SAM Optional Moonlight Tales Essentials patch. It didn't seem to do anything.

I have this same issue where it would have the SAM werewolf model a second after the transformation then it would change to the MTE model. Still haven't found a way around the issue, changing the order doesn't seem to help much.

OK... maybe I'm just not getting something, but I have followed the instructions to a "T" (nice job on the guide, BTW)... and the majority of NPCs in the game have their d*cks out for Harambe all of the time... even when they're clothed.

I was using Better Bodies before... where nobody's junk was showing unless you looted their armor or stole their clothes.

Is this expected behaviour? Thanks in advance. 

hi i have a problem, my sam body is not morphing right like not changing shape or when i use stepqv command it sets me huge when i set samson to 0 or Samuel to 0

i dont know if its my load order or a mod conflicting ayúdame por favor

my loadorder(i use mod organizer and loot)

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Dawnguard.esm
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esm
RaceCompatibility.esm
Shadow of Morrowind.esm
00DovahkiinHoldWorldSpace (33).esm
ronzorace.esm
perksfortroops.esp
Shark Race.esp
Skyblivion.esm
OSA.esm
EFFCore.esm
ClimatesOfTamriel.esm
newworld.esm
Maslea.esm
TsaesciRace.esm
moonpath.esm
SkyUI.esp
FNIS.esp
FNIS_PCEA2.esp
SAM - Shape Atlas for Men.esp
SAM - Dawnguard Patch.esp
SAM - Dragonborn Patch.esp
SAM - setpqv.esp
XPMSE.esp
WeightMorphs.esp
PersonalizedMusic - NoVanillaMusic_v5.0.esp
livofl.esp
marriagedynamicoutfits.esp
SkyrimConfigMenu.esp
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Medium.esp
RaceMenu.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
nem-e5i5's RaceMenuPlugin.esp
dD-Increase Fall Damage.esp
Ghosu - Project Flintlock - Ammo Addon.esp
haytham kenway apparel.esp
Cerberus.esp
Biggger Baddder Bears - Standard.esp
masser Size x2.0.esp
secunda Size x2.5.esp
vImmersiveBeds.esp
skyrim settings.esp
DerkeethusRetex.esp
dresdengear.esp
poder de calin.esp
Real Feeding V3.esp
KnightPaladinGeleborFollower.esp
ScarletDawnArmor.esp
SellswordArmor.esp
edited dragonborn.esp
Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul.esp
Solstheim Landscape Overhaul.esp
AACyrodiil y shivering isles.esp
the great sharkmer.esp
edited skyrim.esp
Relationship Dialogue Overhaul.esp
no bandits or forsworn in united cast empire.esp
mas razas.esp
castellano empire.esp
MBWSAmalia.esp
moonpath_questdata.esp
The Legendary Snow City Of Windhelm Immersive Version.esp
AdditionalNPCFollwerVoices.esp
DragonStar.esp
Ghosu - Project Flintlock.esp
Black Mage Armor.esp
FCO - Follower Commentary Overhaul.esp
combat intensified.esp
Sungarde.esp
BecomeKingofSkyrim.esp
thalmor war begins.esp
MacroMancyRevamp.esp
LFGCustom.esp
JKs Solitude.esp
Destroy the Thieves Guild.esp
TheChoiceIsYours.esp
Whiterun Repaired Plus.esp
Fenrir.esp
Inigo.esp
HuntersWorld.esp
QaxeWinterholdRebuild.esp
maok race.esp
AdalMatar.esp
SFO - Dragonborn.esp
blaze of eventide.esp
City Trees & Plants.esp
Sabretooth2.esp
SurSummerAssault - Imperial.esp
DrunkenHuntsmanFollowers.esp
OrsiniumMod.esp
CompanionValfar.esp
campnoble.esp
postfix.esp
Venia Kayerith.esp
YushinFollower.esp
Folkvangr.esp
_sunya.esp
arnima.esp
Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp
RiverwoodEnhancedPlugin.esp
The deserts of lorgon.esp
lookout.1.1.esp
RiverwoodHuntingCabin.esp
MedievalArmory.esp
atmora land of the Vykaios.esp
Vath.esp
Vlad my big stepbrother.esp
UGCustum.esp
Purewaters.esp
ultimatedurnehviir.esp
FollowerLivePackage.esp
DeadraStepSheogorathFollower1.esp
castellano group of followers.esp
Windhelm Lighthouse.esp
SummonCavalry.esp
werebear beast form (non-replacer).esp
playerwerewolfgrowth.esp
Brevi_MoonlightTales.esp
Brevi_MoonlightTalesEssentials.esp
SAM - Moonlight Tales Essentials Patch.esp
WolfFollower.esp
Extra Werewolf Perks.esp
RingOfTheWolf.esp
My Home Is Your Home.esp
Natalie - Healer Follower.esp
T71KuntaKinte2Follower.esp
Amaterasu - The Great Spirit.esp
JZBai_ThrowingWpnsLite.esp
TrueStorms.esp
Supreme Storms.esp
friendly to WereWolf.esp
breezhome.esp
TheBiig01.esp
la familia de calin.esp
LPBards.esp
WeatherMaster.esp
Ra'ZorFollower.esp
VicenteFollower.esp
Animated Dragon Wings.esp
FreeHugMod.esp
clothes and armor quiero.esp
ImmersiveLoversComfort.esp
MTG_Followers.esp
Vivace.esp
Lovers Comfort.esp
Juno.esp
CampingKitNorthernRanger.esp
Na'JorFollower.esp
DeadlyDragons.esp
skyradio.esp
moji!.esp
Elven Cousins Followers.esp
TakeNotes.esp
SimplyKnock.esp
TwinSildaril.esp
argonianlove.esp
BagamuFollower.esp
FollowerSha.esp
marie_neko.esp
XFLPlugins.esp
Victoria Velina Revamped.esp
FollowerLivePackage-EFFCore.esp
RDO - EFF v4.0.2 Patch.esp
EFFDialogue.esp
FollowerLivePackage-EFF.esp
RDO - Follower Live Package Patch.esp
UIExtensions.esp
SaturationBoost.esp
Imaginator BETA.esp
Shiamar.esp
dovahkiinrelax.esp
beinz_plugin.esp
Convenient Horses.esp

23 hours ago, bennzoor said:

Hey, So I installed everything as the guide said, but the SAM MCM menu doesn't appear in my game. Is there something wrong with my load order?

asd.png

need realistic ragdolls and force, Is a requirement of the skeleton xpmse

On 15/02/2017 at 4:35 AM, omnislash said:

OK... maybe I'm just not getting something, but I have followed the instructions to a "T" (nice job on the guide, BTW)... and the majority of NPCs in the game have their d*cks out for Harambe all of the time... even when they're clothed.

I was using Better Bodies before... where nobody's junk was showing unless you looted their armor or stole their clothes.

Is this expected behaviour? Thanks in advance. 

What is your loading order?

• SKSE
  • SkyUi
  • RaceMenu (most recent)
  • SAM Core
  • SAM Textures (SD, HD or 3rd Party)          sam1.png
  • SAM Vanilla Skyrim Refits
  • Fores New Idles in Skyrim
  • HDTPE
  • Realistic Ragdolls and Force
  • XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended (most recent)
  • HDT BBB Bounce for SAM (optional)

Run FNIS

fnis3.pngfnis4.png

• Problems with the hands? download KouLeifoh SAMHands fix2.zip in this topic.