Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Naurdor

SAM Installation Guide for Skyrim LE

sh1ny

This guide is for Skyrim Legendary Edition (aka 'Oldrim') only!

For Special Edition setup, please refer to SAM Light download page.

Message added by sh1ny

On 2/14/2017 at 10:35 PM, omnislash said:

OK... maybe I'm just not getting something, but I have followed the instructions to a "T" (nice job on the guide, BTW)... and the majority of NPCs in the game have their d*cks out for Harambe all of the time... even when they're clothed.

I was using Better Bodies before... where nobody's junk was showing unless you looted their armor or stole their clothes.

Is this expected behaviour? Thanks in advance. 

NVM my question. Figured it out. NIOverride + script lag issues. I played around with my Papyrus settings, and now everyone is keeping it in their pants. ^^

Thanks for the suggestions, Warfreed. 

On 11/19/2016 at 2:02 PM, Naurdor said:

I forgot to mention there are also poses included in SAM. To get these to work you're going to need to install FNIS - Fores New Idles in Skyrim and then run GenerateFNISforUsers to get them working. You can find a guide on how to use FNIS in the description after the video on the mod's nexus page.

To make yourself pose, open up the console and type: player.SAE "SAMPoseXX"

To get an NPC to pose, click on them with the console open. This should bring up their ID and then type: SAE "SAMPoseXX"

Replace "XX" with the number for the pose you want to use, which ranges from 01 to 13. There are additional poses for the schlong which are: SOSFastErect, SOSSlowErect, SOSFlaccid

You can also bend the schlong form down (-9) to up (9) by replacing the "X" in the command: SOSBendX

Thanks for the tutorial and the poses (which I didn't know about)!

On 11/19/2016 at 2:07 PM, Etan said:

Thanks for your tutorial.  For use Racemenu 3.4.5 with sam you can install HDT physics extension

When I installed SAM, I had HDT Physics extension loaded, so I guess that's why it worked. But, I'm glad Naurdor posted a tutorial, because it took me forever to figure it out on my own (bc I lack modding ability.) It's nice to know that the HDT physics extension is needed for sure, so when I reinstall SAM on my new computer, it will work right off the bat. :)

On 19/11/2016 at 4:23 PM, Naurdor said:

I've been noticing a few people having issues with their SAM installation so I've finally gotten around to writing a quick tutorial for you guys. First off you will need:

• SKSE
  • SkyUI
  • RaceMenu (I'm using v3-3-0 since some people have reported issues with later versions)
  • SAM Core
  • SAM Textures (SD, HD or 3rd Party)
  • SAM Vanilla Skyrim Refits

And optional but really tasty:

• Modular/Skimpy Armours

I'm not 100% sure which file overwrites the other, but the Vector-Modular and Legacy-Skimpy should overwrite any file from the Vanilla Refits that my manager asks, right?

One of these also asked to overwrite some files from my SMIM. If I want the armors working as intended for SAM, I should overwrite SMIM then? I don't mind if the quality is lower than everything else, as long as it don't cause noticeable problems (like the characters not morphing, missing textures, animation glitches, etc).

Sorry for being vague with "not sure" and "one of these". I modded my Skyrim a week ago and didn't mind much. Now I'm doing a clean reinstall and MO modding, being more careful with what I am installing and overwriting. :P

Author of the topic Posted
On 09/03/2017 at 2:59 AM, SkySlider said:

I'm not 100% sure which file overwrites the other, but the Vector-Modular and Legacy-Skimpy should overwrite any file from the Vanilla Refits that my manager asks, right?

One of these also asked to overwrite some files from my SMIM. If I want the armors working as intended for SAM, I should overwrite SMIM then? I don't mind if the quality is lower than everything else, as long as it don't cause noticeable problems (like the characters not morphing, missing textures, animation glitches, etc).

Sorry for being vague with "not sure" and "one of these". I modded my Skyrim a week ago and didn't mind much. Now I'm doing a clean reinstall and MO modding, being more careful with what I am installing and overwriting. :P

The modular and legacy skimpy are more revealing versions of the armour if that's your taste so feel free to overwrite them if you'd prefer that. :P

I tend to overwrite SMIM's meshes with whatever specific mods that also change them since SMIM kind of a big generic mesh/texture replacer for a lot of things. With MO you can change the mod order on the left panel to change what overwrites what so if you make a mistake it's not the end of the world. Good luck, have fun and I'd recommend watching Gopher's Mod Organizer tutorials on youtube if you'd like to learn a bit more about modding.

I have install with success SAM, but I have still one little problem. The Vampire Lord genitals appears to a little bit too violet, despite the skin coloro of the Lord. Is that normal?

So I'm using Custom Races, which gives me a set of vanilla race copies I can then mod separately from all other npcs in the game. I was wondering if there's any easy way I can apply this mod to the races in that mod?

I am a new Skyrim player - I played with SOS, but now decided to use SAM. And I have few questions (I read all i could on this forum, if I miss anything, please forgive me) before installing SAM.

Does it automatically replaces all NPCs bodies with SAM body? If it does, it is with the same body or do we have a variatty of bodies, since I saw that SAM have different sizes.

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english.

I am a new Skyrim player - I played with SOS, but now decided to use SAM. And I have few questions (I read all i could on this forum, if I miss anything, please forgive me) before installing SAM.

Does it automatically replaces all NPCs bodies with SAM body? If it does, it is with the same body or do we have a variatty of bodies, since I saw that SAM have different sizes.

12 hours ago, Cesar said:

Heyas and welcome to the forums. :)

The SAM body replaces all the NPCs however there's settings to give all the NPCs variety in their body types based on race, class etc that you can find in the MCM. You can also directly change an NPC's body from the settings as well, hope that helps.

Heya! I'm having some issues with SAM and I'm not entirely sure if it's just compatibility issues or if it's a problem with the files.

I was wondering if anyone else has a problem with the Vanilla Armor Refits. It seems that most clothing with revealing forearms (I haven't tried them all) and the Fur Armors cause a seam on the wrists when Samson and Samuel are set to 0 and a noticeable gap when set to anything above that.

I just noticed it (I have just over 10 hours clocked into a new modded game) so I'm not entirely sure that it's a problem with the SAM files themselves or if an installed mod irreversibly changed them. I have tried using the SAMHands_fix2 that KouLeifoh posted in the Texture/Mesh Issues thread and there is still a visible seam and gap in the wrists.

I have noticed in the Vanilla Armor Refits meshes that that armor's I've seen work so far come with a "1stperson(armorname).tri/_0/nif/_1.nif" and it seems the Bandit section (assuming that's fur) doesn't have that. I haven't seen anything stating that the Vanilla Refits is a WIP, so is it something that's known/that I missed or is this a new issue?

Thanks!

18 hours ago, Naurdor said:

Heyas and welcome to the forums. :)

The SAM body replaces all the NPCs however there's settings to give all the NPCs variety in their body types based on race, class etc that you can find in the MCM. You can also directly change an NPC's body from the settings as well, hope that helps.

Thanks for the reply <3 i am happy I found this forum. 

I love SAM - its a great body with great options.

I am getting something weird - the body deforms when using sexlab animations. I have the physics installed because of racemenu,and ragdolls -  not sure if it is my load order that is cauing this problem, or shoud I reinstall the skeleton. Also the NPC werewolf is bugged - but I am changing load order to see if it fixes.

Has anyone made the modular armor work?

On 24.4.2017 at 9:02 AM, xanders said:

Hi everyone!!! I hope someone can help me!!!! I don't know what I did wrong.... But the textures in the forearms are odd and my character has no fingers..... PLEASE HELP...

ScreenShot3.bmp

ScreenShot2.bmp

Do you have the mod RaceMenu v3-3-0? As in not the current version but an older one.

1 hour ago, Qan said:

Has anyone made the modular armor work?

Do you have the mod RaceMenu v3-3-0? As in not the current version but an older one.

Thanks alot !!! Yeah, I was using the current version, now with de 3-3-0 version everything seems fine!!!!!!!! 

On 4/27/2017 at 4:00 PM, Qan said:

Thank you!! <3

This is probably a really dumb question, but is there a way to apply the skimpy armor to my character? It seems to work only on NPC

Sorry I'm a newbie

I'm kinda new to Skyrim and mods, so this guide was very helpful, thanks. After two days reading and watching tutorials, it finally seems to be working, awesome mod! Also want to point out that this post seems to have solved my issues with invisible NPCs and a weird glitch with arms (forearms and hands invisible/glitched) so if someone is having this problem try following it.

On 15/05/2017 at 2:29 AM, Kas said:

This is probably a really dumb question, but is there a way to apply the skimpy armor to my character? It seems to work only on NPC

Sorry I'm a newbie

The skimpy armour should work for everyone, both your character and the NPCs since it's just replacing the vanilla armour with a skimpier one.

On 15/05/2017 at 11:19 PM, SuiketsuWhitesands said:

sorry for asking this one in here, but How do i update nioverride.dll? the mod tells me that its ver -1, not 4.

Where are you seeing the error? And can you post which mods you're using in order (or post a pic). I'm a bit rusty but I should be able to work it out with a bit more info.