Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Naurdor

SAM Installation Guide for Skyrim LE

sh1ny

This guide is for Skyrim Legendary Edition (aka 'Oldrim') only!

For Special Edition setup, please refer to SAM Light download page.

Message added by sh1ny

Author
2 hours ago, sh1ny said:

@azriel2012 You're absolutely right. There's no Readme document accompanying SAM right now and I'm sorry for that. I agree that installation guides are by no means a substitute for a conventional Readme.

@Dredd I'll be very grateful for that. Should you decide to do such a compilation, I'll promptly make a Readme.txt file out of that and include it in the SAM Core archive. 

@sh1ny Right now, I'm making a picture guide for the forum with basic instructions on what the menus do etc. Afterwards, I can also write an introduction for the Readme and a plain text version of basic instructions (MCM menu, console commands, poses).

For completion, it would be nice to also have a permissions and a credits section, but I'm not qualified to make those.

On 3/14/2018 at 12:01 PM, Dredd said:

@sh1ny Right now, I'm making a picture guide for the forum with basic instructions on what the menus do etc. Afterwards, I can also write an introduction for the Readme and a plain text version of basic instructions (MCM menu, console commands, poses).

For completion, it would be nice to also have a permissions and a credits section, but I'm not qualified to make those.

Thanks all :)

Author
5 hours ago, andizzzzy said:

Is there a way to get SAM to work for Special Edition? :x

As of now, Sam Light is the only way:

You could also use the SOS port which is available on loverslab, but it's in very early alpha and quite buggy from what i've heard.

Edited by Melesse

6 hours ago, Melesse said:

As of now, Sam Light is the only way:

You could also use the SOS port which is available on loverslab, but it's in very early alpha and quite buggy from what i've heard.

Oh SAM lite, how would that fair in comparison with say, temperred skins for males (which includes sos lite)?

I've spent so many hours trying to find a combo, I found Dizona (which is amazing) but thats only in "test" phase, theres SOS in 'alpha', Better Males is not bad, and yeah SAM which i originally came across first. I am happy you showed me this :)

Edited by Guest

I'm tearing my hair out over this. When installing and running SAM, I'm getting terrible-looking wrist gaps at my hands when I equip any vanilla armor with too much of either slider bumped up. This is a screenshot at 50 of each, with regular Steel Armor equipped.

20180412161459_1.thumb.jpg.a61a70091366df9c66ea6a8bfca31474.jpg

Nude, it's fine--no wrist gaps.

20180412163127_1.thumb.jpg.c59167d4adee0251534e36cbbaa8a238.jpg

Can someone help me figure this out? My mod list is a bit big to fit in screenshots, but here's a Pastebin link to it in Mod Organizer.

https://pastebin.com/Cx8bRKVQ

Author
1 hour ago, Ranzer75 said:

I'm tearing my hair out over this. When installing and running SAM, I'm getting terrible-looking wrist gaps at my hands when I equip any vanilla armor with too much of either slider bumped up. This is a screenshot at 50 of each, with regular Steel Armor equipped.

Nude, it's fine--no wrist gaps.

Can someone help me figure this out? My mod list is a bit big to fit in screenshots, but here's a Pastebin link to it in Mod Organizer.

https://pastebin.com/Cx8bRKVQ

First, make sure XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended overwrites SAM Core. Also, all armors that haven't been refitted will cause this. "Immersive armors" for example hasn't been refitted. It's best to uninstall it, sadly.

Edited by Dredd
removed irrelevant info

5 hours ago, Dredd said:

First, make sure XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended overwrites SAM Core. Also, all armors that haven't been refitted will cause this. "Immersive armors" for example hasn't been refitted. It's best to uninstall it, sadly.

Unfortunately, neither of these worked. It may be a problem with Mod Organizer (or more accurately, my inexperience with it), itself—I had a working SAM setup on NMM. I’ll keep tinkering with it and give it another try on Nexus—thanks for the help!

EDIT: Alright, to avoid a double post, editing this one--with NMM, it doesn't work either. I notice that installing the vanilla refits from the Mod Manager doesn't make them show up in the game--they're shown as activated, but the files apparently don't work in game, since I'm still getting the wristgaps that come without fitted outfits or armor. I believe that might be the problem, but I'm not sure how I would force them to actually be properly read by the game.

Edited by Ranzer75
Adding new error info

Author
14 hours ago, Ranzer75 said:

Unfortunately, neither of these worked. It may be a problem with Mod Organizer (or more accurately, my inexperience with it), itself—I had a working SAM setup on NMM. I’ll keep tinkering with it and give it another try on Nexus—thanks for the help!

EDIT: Alright, to avoid a double post, editing this one--with NMM, it doesn't work either. I notice that installing the vanilla refits from the Mod Manager doesn't make them show up in the game--they're shown as activated, but the files apparently don't work in game, since I'm still getting the wristgaps that come without fitted outfits or armor. I believe that might be the problem, but I'm not sure how I would force them to actually be properly read by the game.

There's no trick to it. As long as all files are in their correcct folder structure, the files should be loaded. Maybe you're really just trying to use clothes or armor with missing first person meshes.

Try using the vanilla armor refits rhavik posted here if you aren't already, I think they are more complete than the archive on the SAM main page.

Hi! Brand new Skyrim modder here, and I have LOTS of questions before I buy the game. 

First off, I've been hearing that SAM does not currently support SSE, so that would mean I would have to buy the regular version of Skyrim. However, the mod says that it will only work with the 32 bit version of Skyrim, and my computer is a 64 bit system. Does this mean I will not be able to use SAM? If not, are there any mods for SSE that make males naked and shape their muscles? Please let me know soon, as SSE is currently on sale and I need to know before it ends. 

24 minutes ago, DomahKari said:

Hi! Brand new Skyrim modder here, and I have LOTS of questions before I buy the game. 

First off, I've been hearing that SAM does not currently support SSE, so that would mean I would have to buy the regular version of Skyrim. However, the mod says that it will only work with the 32 bit version of Skyrim, and my computer is a 64 bit system. Does this mean I will not be able to use SAM? If not, are there any mods for SSE that make males naked and shape their muscles? Please let me know soon, as SSE is currently on sale and I need to know before it ends. 

SAM is for the old version of Skyrim, which is 32 bit. Your operating system doesn't matter for this.

12 hours ago, Cyrus said:

SAM is for the old version of Skyrim, which is 32 bit. Your operating system doesn't matter for this.

Thanks! I now have all the mods necessary, but I still have more questions. All of the SAM folders are downloaded manually, not through Nexus Mod Manager. How do I get them in there? Also, do I need to have all of the DLC for Skyrim to make this mod work? I really don't want to buy them. 

27 minutes ago, DomahKari said:

Thanks! I now have all the mods necessary, but I still have more questions. All of the SAM folders are downloaded manually, not through Nexus Mod Manager. How do I get them in there? Also, do I need to have all of the DLC for Skyrim to make this mod work? I really don't want to buy them. 

I don't use NMM personally, but here's a video guide on installing mods with it. You're looking for the part that begins at 11:00, (although if you're a complete beginner I would probably recommend to watch the whole video as well as the others in the series)

And no, you don't need to have the DLC to use SAM.

1 hour ago, Cyrus said:

I don't use NMM personally, but here's a video guide on installing mods with it. You're looking for the part that begins at 11:00, (although if you're a complete beginner I would probably recommend to watch the whole video as well as the others in the series)

And no, you don't need to have the DLC to use SAM.

Thanks! Another question however. I am installing all of the mods, and when I go to install Unoffical Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch, I see that it is red because I do not own any DLC. But I thought I needed this mod to make SAM work. Can I use this without DLC?

EDIT: NVM, I got it all to work, but I have another problem. I'm using "The Joy of Perspective" to see my penis in first person, but when I do, it comes out like this. 

Here is all my mods and plugins if you need that info 

20180414160717_1.jpg

Nexus Mods Mods.png

Nexus Mods.png

Edited by DomahKari

I haven't got any idea why that might be happening, sorry. If it's only happening with the camera from that mod, you could try using a different camera mod, like immersive first person

Author
On 4/14/2018 at 9:29 PM, DomahKari said:

Thanks! Another question however. I am installing all of the mods, and when I go to install Unoffical Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch, I see that it is red because I do not own any DLC. But I thought I needed this mod to make SAM work. Can I use this without DLC?

EDIT: NVM, I got it all to work, but I have another problem. I'm using "The Joy of Perspective" to see my penis in first person, but when I do, it comes out like this. 

Here is all my mods and plugins if you need that info 

Nexus Mods.png

XPMSE needs to overwrite SAM, first thing. So move the esp down under SAM.

Second, I'm not sure if SAM is working with that 1st Person Mod. I use Skyrim - Enhanced Camera and it works good so far, not everything is working as good as it did with SOS but I'm ok. 

Edited by Darnexx

Is there any way I can fix this? 20180527122625_1.thumb.jpg.008241f7718d0b24b2c0f8d961f4f11f.jpg20180527122800_1.thumb.jpg.bb4a2bfdf9320393760cf4d23a2c1ba0.jpg20180527122913_1.thumb.jpg.a4a236fc52a29973b440fe31c56c903b.jpg

The gap disappears when the clothing is removed 20180527123054_1.thumb.jpg.2901238e3d6951289556e15029484496.jpg

I have the USLEEP patch, all the refits and I've put the patch below and above the sam mods, can anyone help?

I'm having an issue where myself and every npc have black sorta-underwear no matter what i do. If it was the regular underwear, I'd be okay-ish, but it's like everybody tied black dishtowels around their waists. Additionally, my SAM body morphs aren't showing up when i don't have clothes on, and neither are my body textures (I use very hairy, but it shows up without body hair). Everything works fine when i put on a SAM-edited armor, so it's obviously working - just sans schlong and such. I have like a bajillion mods active, but I've got a picture there showcasing my load order for the relevant mods. I've used SAM in the past, and never really got along with it, but at least it put out for me before. Any ideas what's wrong?

Skyrim 5_29_2018 2_58_57 PM.jpg

Skyrim 5_29_2018 2_59_26 PM.jpg

Nexus Mod Manager (0.65.2) - Skyrim 5_29_2018 3_02_03 PM.jpg