Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Naurdor

SAM Installation Guide for Skyrim LE

sh1ny

This guide is for Skyrim Legendary Edition (aka 'Oldrim') only!

For Special Edition setup, please refer to SAM Light download page.

Message added by sh1ny

i am having an issue that whenever i have SAM on every time i try to load a save my game crashes.

it was working before but then i uninstalled and reinstalled it again and after i did this it stopped working.

this is my load order:Captura de Tela (9).png

Author of the topic Posted
9 hours ago, Xanvaleek said:

ummmph i only uninstalled the addon in SoS....do I need to uninstall Scholngs of skyrim fully instead? so the schlongs in SAM works?

Yeah SAM is a replacement for SOS, complete with schlong and all so the mods are incompatible with each other. However if you install a SOS addon schlong you should be able to rename it or something to get SAM to use it.

2 hours ago, Hoozuki said:

i am having an issue that whenever i have SAM on every time i try to load a save my game crashes.

it was working before but then i uninstalled and reinstalled it again and after i did this it stopped working.

this is my load order:

Hmm... I'm not entirely sure what would be causing the issue for you beyond having a different load order now. I'd recommend running LOOT but beyond that I'm not too sure sorry.

Author
5 hours ago, Hoozuki said:

this is my load order:Captura de Tela (9).png

SAM - Moonlight tales essentials patch is causing the crash, because you don't have moonlight tales installed.

13 hours ago, Naurdor said:

Hmm... I'm not entirely sure what would be causing the issue for you beyond having a different load order now. I'd recommend running LOOT but beyond that I'm not too sure sorry.

apparently what was causing my crashes was Realistic Ragdolls and Force, when i tried to launch without it the game loads perfectly.

regarding my load order i honestly have no idea what it should look like. I am not exactly a mod expert so if i launch the game and it loads i try not to mess up with the mod order list.

anyway, thanks for your help.

Edited by Hoozuki

13 minutes ago, Hoozuki said:

apparently what was causing my crashes was Realistic Ragdolls and Force, when i tried to launch without it the game loads perfectly.

regarding my load order i honestly have no idea what it should look like. I am not exactly a mod expert so if i launch the game and it loads i try not to mess up with the mod order list.

anyway, thanks for your help.

Like Naurdor said, LOOT is a good idea (Loot Order Optimization Tool), it can be found here. It is a small tool that essentially checks a database of known mods and tells you whether there could be any conflicts, and it can be made to automatically reorganize your load order. I think it plugs into Nexus Mod Manager as well (but I use it separately and it works pretty well).

Note: it may give 'errors' for certain files, because some mods aren't 'cleaned up' properly. Don't worry about that, the mods aren't broken, just a bit sloppily written or edited.

14 hours ago, Naurdor said:

Yeah SAM is a replacement for SOS, complete with schlong and all so the mods are incompatible with each other. However if you install a SOS addon schlong you should be able to rename it or something to get SAM to use it.

i managed to get the SaM schlong to work, now how to work the FloppySOS?

the file in lady moraine is gone, maybe someone have a backup somewhere? and install it just like that?

Author

Just thought that I'd like to add a few things to this tutorial. It has come to my attention that some people doesn't know what to overwrite and what not to overwrite.

If you're using SAM togheter with XPMSE.

Im using Racemenu 3-4-5
1.Install Realistic Ragdolls and Force
2.Install SAM (Overwrite Skeleton.nif when asked to do so)

2.5. Feel free to install SAM HDT support along with HDT.
3.Install XPMSE im using version 3.90 again Overwrite Skeleton.nif when asked to do so.

4. Install Moonlight Tales - Werewolf and Werebear Essentials ( THIS TIME DO NOT OVERWRITE THE SKELETON. XMPSE
Comes with a supported schlong WW skeleton.)

5. Remember to run FNIS when you're done.

It's been a while since I reinstalled SAM but I belive this is the way I did it last time, my game is stable for now.

SAM LOAD ORDER XPMSE.jpg

1 hour ago, Xanvaleek said:

i managed to get the SaM schlong to work, now how to work the FloppySOS?

the file in lady moraine is gone, maybe someone have a backup somewhere? and install it just like that?

oh other than the floppy SOS for sam schlongs, i have a odd question

how come in the game i can only modify one NPC schlong like this https://www.dropbox.com/s/rew6z5mr30jd4fh/ScreenShot58.jpg?dl=0

but i can't modify another NPC schlong like this? https://www.dropbox.com/s/i3ugayn9nb3to51/ScreenShot57.jpg?dl=0 (as you can see the options for schlong and ball size is all greyed out i can't even modify it, so their schlong size is veeery default tiny size.

where do i change it in the option so i can modify it?

I must have done something wrong. But I can't figure out what. From what I can tell this affects skimpy and naked NPCs but not the player. They throw infinite shadows through walls. Their fingers are missing. Arms and Feet are visible through walls as well.

sam.jpg

sam2.jpg

Author of the topic Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, jdronk said:

Just thought that I'd like to add a few things to this tutorial. It has come to my attention that some people doesn't know what to overwrite and what not to overwrite.

If you're using SAM togheter with XPMSE.

Im using Racemenu 3-4-5
1.Install Realistic Ragdolls and Force
2.Install SAM (Overwrite Skeleton.nif when asked to do so)

2.5. Feel free to install SAM HDT support along with HDT.
3.Install XPMSE im using version 3.90 again Overwrite Skeleton.nif when asked to do so.

4. Install Moonlight Tales - Werewolf and Werebear Essentials ( THIS TIME DO NOT OVERWRITE THE SKELETON. XMPSE
Comes with a supported schlong WW skeleton.)

5. Remember to run FNIS when you're done.

It's been a while since I reinstalled SAM but I belive this is the way I did it last time, my game is stable for now.

SAM LOAD ORDER XPMSE.jpg

Thanks for the advice, I'll try and get the guide updated soonish, just been busy with things irl (like Vector has as far as I can tell).

Edit: Also hey and welcome to the forums, hope you enjoy your stay. :D

Edited by Naurdor

39 minutes ago, Qan said:

I must have done something wrong. But I can't figure out what. From what I can tell this affects skimpy and naked NPCs but not the player. They throw infinite shadows through walls. Their fingers are missing. Arms and Feet are visible through walls as well.

I think that comes from using the newest RaceMenu without using the HDT Physics Extension (and it's required mods). Follow jdronk's post up there and that should fix you up.

Silly me, I was searching for shadow. But there was thread about textures. I've downloaded an older NetImmersiveOverwrite version. RaceMenu does complain after loading. But everything works fine now. Thank you.

Greetings all! 

I am completely new to...well everything.  This is my first gaming PC and the first time playing Skyrim on a computer that can actually handle it so bear with with me ;).  I can't for the life of me figure out how to get SAM working or if I did what would it even look like.  (Do you immediately know once you're dropped off in Helgen?)  I downloaded and installed all of the necessary programs and mods and still nothing.  Hopefully these pics help my fellow forum members figure out what I need to do next.  Thanks in advance :D.

SKY1.jpg

SKY2.jpg

43 minutes ago, Tater said:

Greetings all! 

I am completely new to...well everything.  This is my first gaming PC and the first time playing Skyrim on a computer that can actually handle it so bear with with me ;).  I can't for the life of me figure out how to get SAM working or if I did what would it even look like.  (Do you immediately know once you're dropped off in Helgen?)  I downloaded and installed all of the necessary programs and mods and still nothing.  Hopefully these pics help my fellow forum members figure out what I need to do next.  Thanks in advance :D.

SKY1.jpgSKY2.jpg

mmmh, ok, first  I'm not quite sure your problem is. SAM not working can mean a ton of possible things, so if you can be more pecific on WHAT isn't working we can give you some more spot-on advice.

Now, I am not sure about your load order: I advise you to move a bit things around on the list (select a mod and use the up and down green arrows on the left). The things I'd move would be:

1. SKUI up on the list just under HeartFires
  2. SAM as the last mod on the list

I have no idea where that Breton Race Update.esp and dlc race file.esp come from, but that might cause some issue too.

Finally, SAM needs you to be past the initial scene to fire, so you have to play "without it" until you enter the keep with either Haddvar or Ralof.
After you do that, you can open the MCM menu (Menus > Mod configuration > SAM) and navigate your options to set up the mod as you like it.

A quick overview of the feature consist in (in order of importance):

• use underwear or schlongs for the naked mesh (toggle option "Enable schlongs" in the first tab)
  • decide the average values per race (Race tab) for Samson, Samuel, Schlong and testicles size and taper or circumcision chance, body hair. 
  • Choose the variation range (first tab again), which determines which values will be applied of each morph/size with the rage average values: you will get most values as average +/- variation range x 10
    • I'll better make an example here: If you want the majority of Nords have 50 samson and none of them being a whimp, you can set the Samson average value for Nords at 50 and with a variation range set as 2, you will get most nord at Samson 50, the thinnest at 30 and the buffest at 70;
  • toggle (in the Scale tab) separately the scaling of PC, potential followers and spouses and generic NPCs both on body and schlongs (six options total) and the scaling of the skeleton for both Samson and Samuel, but that is an advanced feature I won't touch if you don't know what you're doing
  • direct editing (in the Actor tab) for the values of every nearby male NPC -including your PC- if the randomization doesn't suit your likings: here you can edit weight (PC only), Samson and Samuel morph, schlong and testicles size, schlong taper, toggle the foreskin and pick the body hair.
  • Import/export settings with FISS. It's not a hard dependancy (SAM works without the FISS esp) but it is advisable to have it installed.

If you can see the MCM page and tweak the values, then the mod is running, if you tweak the valuies and nothing is happening then we have a problem.

That's all that comes to mind so far.

15 hours ago, Felio said:

mmmh, ok, first  I'm not quite sure your problem is. SAM not working can mean a ton of possible things, so if you can be more pecific on WHAT isn't working we can give you some more spot-on advice.

Now, I am not sure about your load order: I advise you to move a bit things around on the list (select a mod and use the up and down green arrows on the left). The things I'd move would be:

1. SKUI up on the list just under HeartFires
  2. SAM as the last mod on the list

I have no idea where that Breton Race Update.esp and dlc race file.esp come from, but that might cause some issue too.

Finally, SAM needs you to be past the initial scene to fire, so you have to play "without it" until you enter the keep with either Haddvar or Ralof.
After you do that, you can open the MCM menu (Menus > Mod configuration > SAM) and navigate your options to set up the mod as you like it.

A quick overview of the feature consist in (in order of importance):

• use underwear or schlongs for the naked mesh (toggle option "Enable schlongs" in the first tab)
  • decide the average values per race (Race tab) for Samson, Samuel, Schlong and testicles size and taper or circumcision chance, body hair. 
  • Choose the variation range (first tab again), which determines which values will be applied of each morph/size with the rage average values: you will get most values as average +/- variation range x 10
    • I'll better make an example here: If you want the majority of Nords have 50 samson and none of them being a whimp, you can set the Samson average value for Nords at 50 and with a variation range set as 2, you will get most nord at Samson 50, the thinnest at 30 and the buffest at 70;
  • toggle (in the Scale tab) separately the scaling of PC, potential followers and spouses and generic NPCs both on body and schlongs (six options total) and the scaling of the skeleton for both Samson and Samuel, but that is an advanced feature I won't touch if you don't know what you're doing
  • direct editing (in the Actor tab) for the values of every nearby male NPC -including your PC- if the randomization doesn't suit your likings: here you can edit weight (PC only), Samson and Samuel morph, schlong and testicles size, schlong taper, toggle the foreskin and pick the body hair.
  • Import/export settings with FISS. It's not a hard dependancy (SAM works without the FISS esp) but it is advisable to have it installed.

If you can see the MCM page and tweak the values, then the mod is running, if you tweak the valuies and nothing is happening then we have a problem.

That's all that comes to mind so far.

Thanks for the Quick and thorough reply Felio,

I moved the mods to their appropriate spots and I unchecked all of the mods except for SAM and SkyUI.

I am currently having problems with taking "in game" screenshots right now but another issue that I'm facing is the glowing blue and then disappearing males glitch.  It's an issue that should be solved since I downloaded Net Immerse Override correct?  Yet, the glitch is still present.

I noticed that the "I" Items Tab and the "P" Powers Tab menu looks different which is probably due to Sam but I'm never given an option to customize my character even after getting my binds cut by Haddvar and Ralof.  Other installed mods seemed to be working just fine except for SAM which leads me to think that I am missing a few steps.  Should I also screen shot pictures of my files and folders?

SKY3.jpg

Author
6 hours ago, Tater said:

Ah, I found the screenshots.

SKY4.jpg

SKY5.jpg

It looks like you dont have the SAM textures installed, also im seeing that the SAM Dawnguard patch is not activated/installed. If I were you I'd uninstall every other mod and only focus on getting SAM to work.

Ok, wait a second here:

1. I did notice the DG patch was not installed but I also noticed Dawnguard was not present in the load order (the only DLC is Hearthfire) soi yes, that's correct, do NOT activate DG patch or it will CTD on entering the main menu
  2. Yes, you need to install the textures, which are a separate download due to the fact that the mod was (and is) still in a development stage and making it two separate downloads (core and texture) would save users from downloading 300+ mb each time thei want to update the scripts. So yes, Textures need to be downloaded and installed separately.
  3. Now, the Inventory and Magic menus look different because of SkiUI: the mod changes most of the the menus (inventory, magic, crafting and favourites). If you don't like them and/or want to bring back the vanilla menu I'd suggest you to look for a mod on nexus called "SkiUI Away" which -installed along SkiUI- leaves the MCM functionality (which is necessary for many mods) but removes the other Mod features of SkiUI (menu changes, the set quickslot etc.). I'd suggest you to try the SkiUI menus, in most instances they are easier and better than Vanilla interface (the only one I don't like much is the smithing crafting menu, but the others are pretty neat and easy to use)
  4. Netimmerse Override is a necessary mod for SAM to work (SAM uses it's scripts to apply the morphs, scale the skeleton and change the textures so without the nioverride.pex SAM doesn't work at all), it is not necessarily related to glitches. And by the way, what do you mean by "disappearing males glitch"?

Hi there! 

I recently started using SAM instead of SoS for the really sweet body textures, and after reading the hell out of this comment/reply/helpdesk section here I finally figured out a good set up for SAM to run damned near perfectly. The only problem I am having is with the Legacy Skimpy Armours optional files and or the Vanilla Refits package. I can't get either one to work. What I did was after I got the SAM core to run fine and the HD textures dragged and dropped into my skyrim files (NMM was having conflicts with the two programs for some reason so this is what i resorted to) and that got everything working along side SKSE 1-07-03, RaceMenu v3.4.5 with HDT Physics Extensions and SkyUI 5-1. I have a few facial hair and hair mods working alongside along with the AdultAccessoriesForMen for SAM mod working (from Hall of Torque IIRC or LoversLab). All these things work fine but not along with the dragged and dropped Vanilla Refits. Can you help me figure out what's preventing the armours from being skimpy? I dont think its the AAFM mod i have since there were no overwrite conflicts nor does it use any of the meshes from SAM other than to add cock and nipple rings.

Please help!