Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

zhayan13

Starfield

Are any of our fantastic modders planning to make adjustments and adaptations for Starfield? Or creating completely new things, skins, bodies? I'm sincerely hoping that you all will, as the game may become the 'next great thing.' :)

I'm desperately hoping for a Bochu character! And maybe clear plastic space suits!

Yes, I bought the game and will definitely mod for it, although I am not an expert enough in any field to make new things, I can only adapt what's already out there when the tools come out.

I hope the male scene gets a better treatment than it did Fallout 4, I have never been able to get into that side for Fo4 because it always looked worse than my Skyrim.

Hopefully the modding for it will soon justify having its own section in the forum so efforts to mod it can be more focused.

On 8/30/2023 at 3:04 AM, Draspian said:

Yes, I bought the game and will definitely mod for it, although I am not an expert enough in any field to make new things, I can only adapt what's already out there when the tools come out.

I hope the male scene gets a better treatment than it did Fallout 4, I have never been able to get into that side for Fo4 because it always looked worse than my Skyrim.

Hopefully the modding for it will soon justify having its own section in the forum so efforts to mod it can be more focused.

More power to you. All I need is a simple jockstrap and crop top to show off my thick dude while i do my shopping in New Atlantis.

3 hours ago, todd404 said:

1. the creation kit for it needs to drop 

2. a scrip extender  silverlock?

3 . custom skeleton  

maybe a year or two maybe three  away 

You think the Starfield Creation Kit or whatever they'll call it could be 3 years away?  That's a bit pessimistic.  Skyrim's tools were released after just a couple months and Fallout 4's were released 6 months after the game was released.  So MAYBE a year, but I doubt more than that, and even then a year would surprise me.  Of course with how long it took them to release this game and how long its taking them to release the next TES, you could be right.  Sigh.

10 hours ago, todd404 said:

3 . custom skeleton  

I believe a script extender has already been released by the same team, though it isn't on their website (for now), it is on the Nexus.

Edited by Orangeboy
typo

On 9/6/2023 at 5:15 AM, DarkZephyr said:

You think the Starfield Creation Kit or whatever they'll call it could be 3 years away?  That's a bit pessimistic.  Skyrim's tools were released after just a couple months and Fallout 4's were released 6 months after the game was released.  So MAYBE a year, but I doubt more than that, and even then a year would surprise me.  Of course with how long it took them to release this game and how long its taking them to release the next TES, you could be right.  Sigh.

by giving the  worst case scenario you will be pleasantly surprised if it comes out sooner . i have one last bag of confetti the good stuff  🎉🎊

On 9/6/2023 at 8:36 AM, todd404 said:

3 . custom skeleton  

While I do hope we get a complete SOS system eventually for Starfield, when tools allow, a better body and texture replacer + Skimpy outfits could be done as soon as Nifskope and  Outfit Studio release, which is sooner than a Skyrim-grade Script Extender. We'll have to survive with a nevernude option for a while, but things will move much faster than even one year.

I'll be surprised if the CK doesn't release by the holiday period, I'm sure if Bethesda really does plan to open a Marketplace will want those sweet Christmas sales on their Creation Club 2.0

Edited by Draspian

On 9/7/2023 at 10:49 PM, todd404 said:

by giving the  worst case scenario you will be pleasantly surprised if it comes out sooner . i have one last bag of confetti the good stuff  🎉🎊

Good point.  I remember the 6 months of waiting after Fallout 4's release feeling obnoxious.  I AM having fun with this game, but it so badly needs mods.  Character face savers, clothing mods, body mods, companion mods, unofficial patch, etc.

On 9/7/2023 at 10:49 PM, todd404 said:

So it looks like the mod tools will be available in 2024.  Hopefully closer to the start of the year rather than the end. 

https://www.pcgamer.com/todd-howard-mentions-that-the-official-starfield-mod-tools-are-coming-in-2024-with-the-dlcs-release-still-tba/

Edited by DarkZephyr

In the meantime it's possible to use the character creator to change your follower or NPC appearances. It's the best solution, until we get esp mods for appearances.

You need 2 NPCs, the one you want to edit and another noname NPC that you won't see again.

Use a console command to store your own character's look on the noname NPC, temporarily. Then use a console command to put your follower's appearance on your own character. Edit this in the character creator. When finished, put this new edited look on your follower. Finally, take your original character's look from the noname NPC and reapply it to your own character.

Console commands (~):
1. capp player  // applies your own character appearance to the NPC selected

2. player.capp [id]  // applies NPC/follower id look to your own character, the NPC who's look you want to change

3. slm player 2  // enters the 2nd stage of character creation editor

4. capp player // applies your character's new look to the NPC selected, the NPC or follower whose look you want to change

5. player.capp [id]  // applies NPC id look to your own character, this should be on the noname NPC who has your original look

https://www.reddit.com/r/Starfield/comments/1678lgb/showlooksmenu_for_npcs/

And follower Sam's hat can be removed:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Starfield/comments/16fcbvi/comment/k0ernml/?context=3

Also need to add a txt file and command to StarfieldCustom.ini to refresh the NPC and keep the game from resetting the skin to the NPC default on each game load:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Starfield/comments/169mxp6/comment/k0bb7nc/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Sam modified:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png
spacer.png

Barrett modified:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by LiamB9
img modification

Yes, Fallrim-field screenshots. Looks fire!

I also forgot to mention, I always do a permanent save before using the capp console command, in case I screw something up. I know I'd be pissed if I lost hours of game progress because I forgot to save.

On 9/6/2023 at 12:40 PM, Orangeboy said:

I believe a script extender has already been released by the same team, though it isn't on their website (for now), it is on the Nexus.

Not only the script extender. Address library as well. People working fast lol 

https://www.nexusmods.com/starfield/mods/3256

Mods can't come fast enough, these are the best models Beth has ever produced. Sam is gorgeous, and their hands, fingernails and such are already so high poly and detailed. The only thing I would change about him is his hair, that mullet has to go, give him short hair instead and perfect lol

spacer.png

spacer.png

And mission accomplished

spacer.png

Edited by Jackson2

I was randomly running through the ship cargo hall when I caught Barret doing... something. Caption that...
QbmNwOw.jpg

Sam's daughter is preparing for Halloween early apparently.

6u5jfo1.png

rBrssdD.png

sLSGaKp.png

Edited by LiamB9
added pic

https://www.nexusmods.com/starfield/mods/3776

I plan on expanding this collection as soon as tools like Outfit Studios let me modify meshes glued together in a single BSGeometry.
For example, making Sam shirtless without taking away the jacket, with an effect similar to the Argos Jumpsuit below. It is not currently possible without many complicated extra steps that go way above my head.

Photo_2023-09-23-224857.thumb.png.8e999ae30ed6a8a792262899994fb484.png1901063355_Senzanome(2).thumb.png.6a85e0ef9d54c84d975f8a21fcc6d4aa.png

Spoiler

1305943422_Senzanome.thumb.png.8fc123556c0ed1c8d85e1f3cc55cb021.png1758923760_Senzanome1.thumb.png.49be42681ddfadd394313da1a9c4af02.png1020031287_Senzanome2.thumb.png.13a46a4d207f12241a1a71d3083ef571.png887790667_Senzanome3.thumb.png.fd3d2e655fb92b7c390f59427d0f443e.png1066882039_Senzanome4.thumb.png.eb0a3b2e99df5a3fa6993e83e632ed32.png1167537584_Senzanome5.thumb.png.f50ae70d6051d60859c6c03f03451408.png1479507578_Senzanome6.thumb.png.ccc13a9da7bf656c1a7da9a01f32a8ef.png1565201551_Senzanome7.thumb.png.5a67ce39639f9ccd9f951fc53a892570.png799135023_Senzanome8.thumb.png.99a714280dcc5f3167bf2d2be403c177.png

23.09 was made the nifskope 2.0 dev.9 ( https://github.com/hexabits/nifskope/releases ) which support Starfield meshes, but starfild's nif format is more difficult, consist from the geometry  includes and matirial links

P.S. SavrenX may be do it =)) 

Very impotant tools -  Bethesda Archive Extractor (B.A.E.) - https://www.nexusmods.com/starfield/mods/165?tab=description

This tool can help extract starfield game objects and to see object paths

On 9/19/2023 at 10:15 AM, Jackson2 said:

Not only the script extender. Address library as well. People working fast lol 

https://www.nexusmods.com/starfield/mods/3256

Mods can't come fast enough, these are the best models Beth has ever produced. Sam is gorgeous, and their hands, fingernails and such are already so high poly and detailed. The only thing I would change about him is his hair, that mullet has to go, give him short hair instead and perfect lol

spacer.png

spacer.png

And mission accomplished

spacer.png

That haircut really does make a great difference. How'd you get him shirtless?

Edited by DarkZephyr

Draspian!!😄

Thanks again so far here is what I got:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

So, I know that I need to remove the texture which I know how to do I'm going to remove the texture from the underwear make it smooth like  skin texture period from there I'm going to remove the triangles on the sides so we have a smooth base to work with When making the underwear and the nude model.

This was a test just to see how well I could blend it and get it to match the color which I think I did all right on from my first attempt this took me about 30 minutes give or take. So, I’m going to keep working on it eventually I have seen how they edited the female mods and I'm going to be attempting to add additional physics to them know it might take me some time though because I'm not too used to working with the new file type they are using but I will be tackling that later on. For now, it looks like I will successfully be able to edit the underwear to add the textures and the 2D textures onto it so it looks good, and I may also be able to make a legitimate male bathing suit. It's most likely going to be a Speedo or a pair of briefs depending on how well I can edit it and get the textures to work this week.

I already have the three-dimensional penis from my other mods, I’m going to look for a non-erect one because not everybody wants to be running around with a erect penis. Set alarm I just need to figure out how to edit the model they already released the tools as mentioned before in this post, so I'll take a look at that after I get the underwear texture and then nude texture down.

Looks promising! I guess the underwear shape and different reaction to light is to be removed from the other maps? most notably the Normal map.

3d penis and physics are such great news lmao, glad someone is rising up for this game, I wish you best of luck in this project.

OK so here is day two of me working on this this morning I'm pretty happy with it so far:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

The only problem that I'm running into is these blasted l lines that I cannot remove period now I already pulled the files and textures that I wanted from the game I even found the bikini texture for the males which I'll be using once I get the nude models completely done.

They're actually pretty cool and I want to lay them on top of the middle models once I get the fully nude texture done. Which I feel like I'm pretty close to you once I have it down and I remove the lines I'm going to take each skin tone from the original file in just edited so they all have the new texture.

From there I will start working on the underwear textures for the briefs or speedos and potentially if I can make one this time it looks good G string version.

I'm going to see afterwards if I can start working on adding some physics to their body via the mesh which I have a bit of background and hopefully it's not too advanced I may have to download some additional programs if anyone has any programs they recommend please let me know. As I've been using blender to do most of my 3D modeling or edits and this might be a bit more advanced than that depending on how the files with me when I open them.

Also I'm just trying to write the RBG for each of the skin tones so I have to say for when I start working on the penises so each one has the correct color.

Hopefully I'll be updating with this done soon at least this part.

OK so here is my update for tonight:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I am very proud of myself as this is something that I struggled with when doing my other mods I did not know how to properly use blender yet here I am I finally learned how to use the UV maps in to put my textures on the models it really helped with sculpting so far here now I'm hoping that I can get better if anyone here knows how to do sculpting within blender better than me please let me know I am looking for all the help I can get at this point I'm just happy that I was able to get it somewhat looking realistic I know the front is a bit differently but that's for when I put the underwear on and I wanted to have a physical bulge that looks good I may have to make it flatter so it can be compatible with the other two mods that I wanted to be compatible with but I can always lower that down and reduce the size.

One thing I'm partially concerned about, is that the first body mod might set the standard for all the ones that will end up following, and I really hope Starfield doesn't follow the Fallout 4 path with one penis for everyone that can't get hard out of animations. The cishets won't care, but it would really be a huge miss for the game if Skyrim were to still be the superior option for male body mods.

Dismiss if it's a silly suggestion, but once the shapes are all ready, I would say (if it doesn't complicate things too much, with the morph.dat and everything) try dividing the penis and the rest of the body in a sos-like manner, making it a standard early on. Even if you initially keep both in the same .nif and texture the penis on the body maps, having them in two separate BSGeometry can encourage people to build on that, maybe giving the penis its own texture path so that it's retexture friendly, maybe making mesh variants (or importing ones from Skyrim) that, when a Schlongs of Starfield appears, can be used to make variations be assigned randomly to different NPCs.

I don't know how much animations and the skeleton differ in this game compared to Skyrim, but I would hope doing this would encourage people willing to wrestle with the new game's code to eventually add the other features like the dedicated SOS bones, arousal, and the system that dynamically adds a random variant with a random size to a body once undressed.

Edited by Draspian