Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

KouLeifoh

Download — High Poly Head

On 2/5/2020 at 4:59 AM, KouLeifoh said:

I took a break from modding for a month and came back to a bunch of repeated questions.  It'll take me awhile to go through all of them. ?

To clarify a few things:

• This mod only includes head meshes/morphs.  No eye meshes/morphs are included.  If you use an eye mesh fix that changes vertices/UV, this will break the eye morphs included with RaceMenu.

So if I'm reading this right, if nothing else touches the eye mesh and I only have High Poly Heads, the vanilla eye morphs should be fine?

I experience major clipping in the eyes for both males and females (tested Nord race only); female eye options are all wrecked out of the box, male eye options are okay until I get to the elven shaped ones where the sockets look wrong. All eyes across the board can't be edited much without revealing this clipping and I'm not trying to push the Racemenu sliders to their limits. I'm sure the only mods I have that touch NPC heads are Expressive Facial Animations and HPH installed after, with the appropriate options ticked. This wasn't the behavior I was expecting, am I mistaken somewhere?

Author
Author of the topic Posted

@darksynth0 @wotwot Support will be added in a future update but not before a male version of the mod.  I want to keep them grouped together and limit the amount of frequent small updates for a mod such as this.

@Mogenshin Yes, it should work fine with the vanilla eye mesh.  Importing presets with sculpt data meant for the vanilla head mesh will also cause issues.  Ideally, the test should be done on a new character with the vanilla head mesh to isolate any possible issues with presets/eyes.  There are some mods that modify both the vanilla head and eye morphs.  Swapping one of them will break those mods.

I've been doing as clean of a test as I can, with only Skyrim Unbound and EFA + HPH with no body overhauls or textures. I checked the Data tab in MO2 which tells me the High Poly Head assets are being used with no conflict.

If I've installed everything properly I'm thinking it's user error but I don't know where. Or maybe something to do with my Racemenu sliders. I noticed the eye socket problems persist if I try to go back to the vanilla head. Things seem to look okay if I do all my tweaking on the vanilla head first then switch to high poly but I wasn't expecting to use the mod in this way.

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.c7bb4bf9b6eed5ae4e3206236bde159e.jpeg

Author

Unless there's a difference between the sliders included with RaceMenu for LE and SE (I used RaceMenu SE sliders as a base for the head), they should be interchangable when swaping between the vanilla head and the high poly head.

I'm on Special Edition. Here's another picture of the problem with a screenshot of what mods I was using (the stuff in my overwrite folder is just logs and profile settings). The only thing I did on this test was leave the character as a male Nord > Face Tab > selected high poly head > Eyes Tab > changed shape to #7 since it's pretty noticeable there.

Spoiler

20200513172126_1.thumb.jpg.af653161ee2b93a29bb72a2edafe8de8.jpg

Spoiler

image.png.3e1ac66e72b0ac4d80ca720d5dc16275.png

The weird thing is that they look normal in the Sculpt tab (note the lack of eye socket)

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.590a43d343fd5a0176174a8660fbed0b.jpeg

Has anyone else had this problem or is it really just me?

Author

I see what the problem is now (no pun intended).  There's a rendering issue whenever RaceMenu swaps head meshes.  RaceMenu is possibly not updating them correctly.  The morphs themselves are fine though.  To fix the rendering issue, just close RaceMenu and open it again to properly update the head mesh.

On 5/13/2020 at 8:36 PM, KouLeifoh said:

I see what the problem is now (no pun intended).  There's a rendering issue whenever RaceMenu swaps head meshes.  RaceMenu is possibly not updating them correctly.  The morphs themselves are fine though.  To fix the rendering issue, just close RaceMenu and open it again to properly update the head mesh.

I'm so glad the solution was that easy! I'll make a note of this.

I don't have the best internet been trying to download the SE version for days now. Each time around 80-100mb download failed. It will all be fine if there was a resume option on the server but with none it makes it impossible for me to download. If there is some othe link to the file it would be greatly appreciated.

6 hours ago, KouLeifoh said:

Compared to my other big mods, I didn't think this one would be an issue for downloading.  Here's a temporary Google Drive mirror for the latest version.

Ye I don't know what it is but the furthest I get with it was around 115MB. Thank you for the google link no problems there. :)

Ok I hate to be that guy, but which files do I move where? I assume I move the .bsa and .esm files somewhere? I move them into the data folder but nothing happens when I launch, open racemenu, and go to head faceparts.

Edited by kraftyboi

Hello, I am new to modding skyrim and am at a lost as to how to install this mod. I've downloaded all the files and have copied the contents of the file to "...common/skyrim special edition/data". The folders that contain contents for "meshes" folder, I've copied those into the "...common/skyrim special edition/data/meshes" as well. But no matter how much I try to toggle the presets under racemenu, I can't get the high poly head to show up. Is there something I else that I need to do? From the High Poly Head.zip folder, I've extracted all the contents and have used the contents of 00 Base, 02 EDA Male, 03 EFA Femail, 04 No VampireMorph, 05 Female UV, 06 Vampire Fix and the FOmod. 

This is also the only face texture/mod that I have for Skyrim.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Admin

Hey @BlueFrame,

For starters, you really should be using a mod manager. Here’s an example guide on how to utilize Mod Organizer 2:

Install the mod using the aforementioned mod manager, and you’ll be greeted with different options conveniently presented as checkboxes, lists and whatnot, eliminating the need of manually dealing with all those folders within the archive you’ve just downloaded. 
Be sure to also install other mods through Mod Organizer so that your game folder is pristine (sans SKSE, ENB and its presets).

28 minutes ago, sh1ny said:

Hey @BlueFrame,

For starters, you really should be using a mod manager. Here’s an example guide on how to utilize Mod Organizer 2:

Install the mod using the aforementioned mod manager, and you’ll be greeted with different options conveniently presented as checkboxes, lists and whatnot, eliminating the need of manually dealing with all those folders within the archive you’ve just downloaded. 
Be sure to also install other mods through Mod Organizer so that your game folder is pristine (sans SKSE, ENB and its presets).

Thank you so much for the quick reply! That did the trick! ^-^

this head is probably the best model for skyrim there has ever been. i do have a white texture bug, but i don't think it's this mod. the texture is like a tear on the left cheek.  other than that...i'd suggest perhaps some new eyebrow meshes for this head. i think some of the others don't quite work right with this. but yeah, thank you for making this.

eva9.thumb.jpg.b950ad989d0d573a34597991b8b65dad.jpg

I  used nexus mod manager to install the mod, but in racemenu there is no additionnal polygons on the sculpt tab. I tried importing presets and none is working.
I don't find the facepart slider aswell could someone screenshot me where it is ?

Are there any guides. like. Anywhere? on how  to install this? or...?
I wont say im "NEW" to modding. I know the basics ENB installs, Mod manager installs, Do i just need to Enable something in Mod Organizer 2 to have it work? Looks great and i just got skyrim for my PC (Just started PC gaming/modding) so im itchin to mod it. got my ENB's, Body, Skins, texture replacements working, i just wanna get the head working before i install armor, weapons ect.

Edited by Doomsday047

Author

Installation is just like any other mod.  Use a mod manager to install the original .zip file.  My install script will give you a list of options for easy installation.

In the screenshots, I used Total Character Makeover as a base and my SAM Light texture addon to overwrite everything.  The custom male Khajiit texture is not ready for release yet.