Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

KouLeifoh

Download — High Poly Head

5 hours ago, Hawthornmon said:

Your facegeom.nif is overwritten in the vanilla location, especially if you're using Mod Organizer or similar. The facegeom.nif in your mod folder is overwritten so backups are absolutely mandatory. DDS is not overwritten but mostly it doesn't work for me as intended. I had to reinstall a couple of mods to restore the nifs.

Thanks, but...what "mod"? I'm in RaceMenu, building my own head, saving the preset, and exporting the mesh and texture for later use.

I'm experimenting with your script to replace vanilla head parts with HPH and getting the error below. It places Null reference in the Head Parts after which it probably crashes (UsersScript line 750). I couldn't find anywhere what that error means. What am I doing wrong?

HPH Conversion Script Error.JPG

@ KouLeifoh Can you explain something please about Expressive Facegen Morphs..., isnt that for LowPoly Vanilla head exclusively, how exactly does your HP Head benefit from it since you have your own tris that work with Expressive Facial Animation already.

Hi, I've really been enjoying this mod! Not too recently I updated my high poly head from 1.1 to the latest 1.4, once i did that i noticed something weird. Characters i made with high poly head now look exactly the same as if i had the vanilla head on. That isnt to say that its not high poly, but that it is a high poly version of how it looks in vanilla. Before in 1.1 everything about the heads were different. If i switched from vanilla to high poly i saw immediate changes, now they are identical but this means my old high poly characters are now complete messed up. This is what my character looks like now:20200911033308_1.thumb.jpg.fc20d301c6d7c804968b8c7103498242.jpg

This is how my character used to look like:

20200911033335_1.thumb.jpg.68ce6c3b02b2b91f99f61120ba971fa3.jpg

Also if you can see, in 1.1 my character's eyelashes were displaced and the inside corner of the eye was sticking out. If there is a fix for the sudden change, or if there is a problem on my end any information would be appreciated.

Author
Author of the topic Posted

@Bushwalker2  Make sure High Poly Head.esm is loaded before any NPC mod.  Also, be sure to use the updated scripts for the 1.4 update.  Try manually adding High Poly Head.esm as a master to your mod before running the script.  The error you're getting is likely due to trying to reference a master that's loaded after your mod.  I didn't put a check in the script for this case.

@B4strdo  The EFM support includes high poly morphs for my head, brows, beards, and scars that will look the same as the original EFM made for the vanilla head mesh.  In other words, I converted them to high poly and made them compatible with my High Poly Head mod.  The original EFM mod is required for the eye/mouth/beard morphs.

@Leroyjunkins  The vanilla female head morphs haven't changed since the v1.1 release.  Support for EFM was added in v1.3, and if you opted to install that, then your existing presets may look dramatically different.  Keep in mind that the EFM option also requires the original EFM mod (for the eye and mouth morphs).  Eyes/mouth may pop out of the face without them due to mixing EFM morphs with vanilla morphs.  Another layer of issue is if you're using an NPC replacer/overhaul mod that uses High Poly Head assets as a standalone.  Some of them did not change the internal path for the assets and will overwrite the same files used by my mod.

@ KouLeifoh

Ok I see thanks, so i could opt out of the EFM morphs, but that would make my character's eyes be partially out of place like in my last pic. Now this might be a dumb question to ask you, but is there a reliable way to convert the head back to the original high poly shape with the EFM mod active? Or is it just a matter of me fiddling with sliders to match now? I was doing that before i decided to post actually, but was having a hard time.

Nevermind my previous comment, i found a way to keep the preset I made and remove the weird eye issue.  For anyone else trying to update past 1.1 and get EFM, export your character's head through the racemenu sculpt  menu, then update and get EFM and import the head back in through the sculpt, simple as that. I also masked the neck in case there were any inconsistencies in the neck seam but it might not be necessary. I pretty much found this by disabling EFM and the new high poly head mod in my mod manager, enabled my old one and started the game to see if the eye bug was still there. It was probably super obvious anyway, but I'm a bit unlearned to skyrim modding.

Edited by Leroyjunkins

Small question about this mod and how it'd work with other skin retextures. So as I understand it, this mod adds many more polygons to the existing models. How does that work with textures such as Bijin that were built with (assuming here) the original models? Sorry II'm not experienced in mod building so this is probably a bit too vague.

Edited by russety

Author

@russety  This mod is compatible with any texture that was made for the original vanilla head mesh.

@islaxo  Make sure you install the original Expressive Facegen Morphs mod if you pick that option in the installer.  Also, make sure any NPC overhaul/replacer mod you're using isn't overwriting files used by my mod.

@Bullfye  That's just a texture mod for the vanilla mouth mesh.  It won't conflict with my mod since no textures or mouth meshes are included.

Thanks for the Hi poly head everything looks great but I have two issues.

I have latest racemenu.

And....I can't adjust the ears anymore and I can't adjust the mouth anymore with sliders.  I can move the mouth up and down but no smile and no expressions on the mouth.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Author

@pilkkoa  They've always been usable.  You just need to follow the same method used for getting the vanilla head mesh sculpt on custom followers.

@Skyimchamp  If you're using custom sliders meant for the vanilla head mesh, they won't work on the high poly head.  I only converted slider morphs that were included with RaceMenu and EFM.

I keep getting widespread (read: literally all the NPCs aside from animals and kids) blackface bugs whenever I try to use your scripts and such to create new facegen.  Is this common, or am I committing the dumb somewhere along the line?

On 9/29/2020 at 4:52 AM, NadaShimada said:

I keep getting widespread (read: literally all the NPCs aside from animals and kids) blackface bugs whenever I try to use your scripts and such to create new facegen.  Is this common, or am I committing the dumb somewhere along the line?

I'm going to ask the obvious question: Have you exported newly generated facegen using CK?

I love this high poly head but I've noticed in game that my player character doesn't generate expressions during combat. Before I installed the high poly head, he had the usual combat expressions during power attacks and the "ugly" face when enemies were nearby. Now he's blank. I have EFM installed, but I'm not sure if I need to do anything else to get the expressions to manifest in-game? I did install this mod mid-game and had no problems updating to high poly head in Race Menu. I only noticed the lack of expressions when I started playing. Any advice is much appreciated.

EDIT: Well, the combat expressions kicked in about 30 minutes later while playing, all of a sudden, so it fixed itself!

Edited by malageno
Found solution

Hello, NetScript telling me this mod causing a CTD. I removed all the mods which interfere Player NPC records but CTD persistent. Can anyone help me to troubleshoot?

BGSHeadPart(Name: 00KLH_FemaleHeadDarkElf `FemaleHeadDarkElf`, FormId: 07000A03, File: `High Poly Head.esm`)
TESNPC(Name: `Alinei`, FormId: 00000007, File: `Skyrim.esm`)

On 9/30/2020 at 3:40 AM, Bushwalker2 said:

I'm going to ask the obvious question: Have you exported newly generated facegen using CK?

I have, yes.  Twice.  No other NPC 'replacers' or the like, not even for the kids.

Hi guys, I have a troubleshooting question and I'm not sure where to begin. When selecting selecting the face part for high poly heads in racemenu when creating a ne pc, the head disappears, only eyes mouth and hair are visible. Any advice on how to figure out what's causing the issue, or in solving the issue, would be appreciated.

I'm having issues with invisibility, eyes disappearing, when playing as a vampire.  Anyone have any suggestions?  I know I've selected the patch from the installer, and I even tried using the Vampire Eye Glitch Fix from the Nexus, making sure to place it below High Poly Head.  Neither seems to work.

It's not a game-breaking problem as opening Racemenu fixes it, just an inconvenience.  Thanks!