Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

KouLeifoh

Download — High Poly Head

Hi!

Niroku says Aesthetic Elves incompatible with Expressive Facegen Morphs (by incompatible I mean he says use RM only version).

Installer for the latest HPH has options for both Expressive Facegen Morphs and Aesthetic Elves.

What is the correct solution:

1. Install Aesthetic Elves after EFM, install both options in HPH

2. Install EFM, do NOT install Aesthetic Elves, install only EFM option in HPH installer

?

Edited by darksynth0

Author
Author of the topic Posted

@ScarecroOw Like any custom race, you will run into issues in one form or another.  That mod changes so many things with races.  To keep its design intact, you'll have to modify each head part record and change the path for the vanilla assets to the high poly head.

@darksynth0 Both Aesthetic Elves and EFM make changes to the racial morphs.  They can't be used at the same time.  Since EFM also comes with a modified mouth mesh, it's recommended to only use one or the other.  The HPH installer lists the options in the same order the files will be overwritten.  I can update the installer to make it easier to see which options are compatible and which aren't.

Yes if you update compatibility info it would be great.

Like pick one or another. You already can include notes on efm Vs ae and sunken face like one post above

Maybe something else. Thanks for an amazing update

Thanks for the great mod! You made my characters look heavenly. To those who have problems with vampire morphs, i solved mine by editing it in sseedit, though its only the head mesh, the eyes didn't change. I'm still gonna keep going and see how i can change the eyes as well. Probably gonna break the esp for high poly vampire blah blah, but at least its just one esp and i can just reinstall the mod in case i do break something. Just change stuff in the high poly vampire esp and set it to load after the mods that overwrite it. 

Also note i just recently started actually editing using sseedit so i may sound totally crazy.

Author

I cleaned up my custom xEdit scripts and made them as user friendly as possible.  No need to manually add a master or input a load order.  The scripts will do it automatically.  I'm releasing it early for those that want to play around with it now without having to wait for the next update.

HPH xEdit Scripts.zip

Included in the archive are 3 scripts:

• Skyrim - KL Filter Race.pas
  • Skyrim - KL Swap Headparts.pas
  • Skyrim - KL Copy NPC Protected Status.pas

The basic idea is to use the scripts on a custom .esp that has a collection of NPC records.  It can be created in xEdit by making deep copies (with overwrites) of all the NPC's in the vanilla masters (.esm) into a new .esp.  From there, use Skyrim - KL Filter Race.pas on the custom .esp to filter out any NPC race not supported by the High Poly Head mod (around 6500 NPC's cut down to around 3500).  Then use Skyrim - KL Swap Headparts.pas to auto swap all vanilla head part records to their high poly version.  The values are hardcoded and custom head parts are not supported.  Optionally, Skyrim - KL Copy NPC Protected Status.pas can be used to copy over any NPC Protected status found on the plugins currently loaded in xEdit (like NPCs Protected Redux.esp).

Once your custom .esp is fully modified, open it in the Creation Kit to export new Facegen data.  This is required to see any changes in the game.

While working on the scripts and exporting Facegen data, I noticed how much of an eyesore some of the clipping with the vanilla hair meshes can be.  I decided to go ahead and convert all the vanilla hair meshes to high poly.  Currently, all the human male hair meshes have been converted (some still need some manual tweaks).  It'll take me awhile to finish the rest.

hair-prev0.thumb.jpg.1751b29619de1cb6d4a52eb10032a564.jpghair-prev1.thumb.jpg.3c407d0e50daa8592051c773314ddb46.jpghair-prev2.thumb.jpg.42163088974e1f9f7fca843cb5b5c16c.jpg

On 2020/8/8 at 3:44 AM, JackSix said:

Thanks for the great mod! You made my characters look heavenly. To those who have problems with vampire morphs, i solved mine by editing it in sseedit, though its only the head mesh, the eyes didn't change. I'm still gonna keep going and see how i can change the eyes as well. Probably gonna break the esp for high poly vampire blah blah, but at least its just one esp and i can just reinstall the mod in case i do break something. Just change stuff in the high poly vampire esp and set it to load after the mods that overwrite it. 

Also note i just recently started actually editing using sseedit so i may sound totally crazy.

I used DVA Dynamic Vampire Appearance to solve the vampire eye problem.

Hey, I have a problem with a character of mine in SSE. My guess for why she looks like this is because she wasn't made with High Poly Head in mind but you're free to correct me.

So basically, when I turn on the high poly head, she looks really weird.

Before:ScreenShot12.thumb.png.a0ad0ed6829c211f3b35e518f8c102e1.png

After: ScreenShot13.thumb.png.a61c500278cd168be9f09ca3275cfbf7.png

Is there a way to fix this or do I have to redo her? I've used RaceMenus sculpt feature extensively alongside the sliders but do I basically have to redo her due to the fact?

Edited by MrManMain
Added some words I forgot to include on the first sentence due to my own forgetfulness

Hi, first of all, I love this mod! I've made an awesome looking character which I couldn't with the jaggy vanilla heads.

However, I've been having this issue where the eye lashes don't align with the eye shape. Does anyone know a fix?

ScreenShot0.png

I downloaded the High Poly Head into Vortex but my SKSE won't launch after installing. (I also tested to see if it was conflicting with other mods but nothing.) 

Any suggestions to fix?

Hi, new problem I'm afraid 😞

When my character becomes a vampire (high elf), I think the game switches to the vanilla head for some reason. I say this because I've tried importing my head sculpt or preset after becoming a vampire and the result is still the same. I've attached an imgur link demonstrating before and after becoming a vampire: https://imgur.com/a/sLo2rIx 

Also, if it matters, I'm using the sacrosanct mod for sse

Okay, I just tried to reinstall high poly head and noticed that part about 'vampire head fix' not working with mods that change vampires. Is there anything I can do myself to make Sacrosanct use the high poly head?

Edited by steven21

On 8/13/2020 at 12:35 PM, steven21 said:

Hi, new problem I'm afraid 😞

When my character becomes a vampire (high elf), I think the game switches to the vanilla head for some reason. I say this because I've tried importing my head sculpt or preset after becoming a vampire and the result is still the same. I've attached an imgur link demonstrating before and after becoming a vampire: https://imgur.com/a/sLo2rIx 

Also, if it matters, I'm using the sacrosanct mod for sse

Okay, I just tried to reinstall high poly head and noticed that part about 'vampire head fix' not working with mods that change vampires. Is there anything I can do myself to make Sacrosanct use the high poly head?

I also have sacrosanct, so I don´t know how well will that play out with high poly head

Author

@MrManMain  You'll have to redo the sculpt.  They're not transferable between the vanilla head and high poly head meshes without using an outside program.

@I'm Dirty Dan  The High Poly Head mod doesn't do anything on its own.  The only hard requirement is Dawnguard, but I added an alternate .esm for people who don't have it.  With that aside, the game should still launch even without RaceMenu.

@steven21  I made sure the eye sockets on the high poly head mesh matches the vanilla head mesh to avoid any alignment issues with eye lashes.  Make sure you're not switching from a preset that had sculpt data for the vanilla head.

As for the vampire head issue, certain combat mods like Combat Gameplay Overhaul modify vampire races to fit the design the mod author had in mind.  It's a simple check (and fix), but you'll have to use xEdit for it.  Basically use xEdit to load all your plugins in your current load order to see if any of your active mods are conflicting with my vampire head fix.  Simply remove the Overlay Head Part List flag from any conflicting vampire race records.  Sacrosanct doesn't appear to modify any race.

ssedit.thumb.jpg.53ade37bcf9e7fdd3bd87ee927ad4087.jpg

On 8/8/2020 at 5:22 AM, KouLeifoh said:
Spoiler

I cleaned up my custom xEdit scripts and made them as user friendly as possible.  No need to manually add a master or input a load order.  The scripts will do it automatically.  I'm releasing it early for those that want to play around with it now without having to wait for the next update.

HPH xEdit Scripts.zip 8.13 kB · 12 downloads

Included in the archive are 3 scripts:

• Skyrim - KL Filter Race.pas
  • Skyrim - KL Swap Headparts.pas
  • Skyrim - KL Copy NPC Protected Status.pas

The basic idea is to use the scripts on a custom .esp that has a collection of NPC records.  It can be created in xEdit by making deep copies (with overwrites) of all the NPC's in the vanilla masters (.esm) into a new .esp.  From there, use Skyrim - KL Filter Race.pas on the custom .esp to filter out any NPC race not supported by the High Poly Head mod (around 6500 NPC's cut down to around 3500).  Then use Skyrim - KL Swap Headparts.pas to auto swap all vanilla head part records to their high poly version.  The values are hardcoded and custom head parts are not supported.  Optionally, Skyrim - KL Copy NPC Protected Status.pas can be used to copy over any NPC Protected status found on the plugins currently loaded in xEdit (like NPCs Protected Redux.esp).

Once your custom .esp is fully modified, open it in the Creation Kit to export new Facegen data.  This is required to see any changes in the game.

I am a big fan of high poly head meshes. Jaggy jaws nevermore!

I have combined a couple hundred humanoid NPCs in merged esp files with mostly vanilla head parts for the head, brows, and eyes (the directories for nif and tri are vanilla), and custom hairs (independent KS Hairdo's, and SG Hair). Is it necessary to manually resculpt all facegeom.nif of custom followers (gathered from anywhere I could find; cleaned in SSE xEdit) in Racemenu after switching the headparts to High Poly? I did not quite understand that part.

I fumbled in CK and the result was the same for Ctrl+F4 of custom followers as MrManMain's case - a vanilla potatohead with high poly count without face shapes.

I am using these scripts to try again to deep copy as override starting from the vanilla esm, working my way down the load order to override with SOGS and JH Skyrim faces for females. Hopefully this will work.

Edit: I used KL Filter Race.pas successfully on vanilla NPCs (overridden by JH and SOGS overhauls), but applying KL Swap Headparts.pas results in this error:

Exception in unit UserScript line 750: [09000806] < Error: Could not be resolved >
Error during Applying script "Skyrim - KL Swap Headparts": [09000806] < Error: Could not be resolved >

This is where the keyword is applied in the script.

Also, if I am generating new facegeom.nif for NPCs, do I replace their .tri files or not? TRI files should not impact the base nif, right?

Edited by Hawthornmon

Author

Sometimes, modders would wipe the records for the vanilla morphs to prevent theft of head shapes since they're no longer used after creating Facegen data.  If you try to re-export Facegen data for these NPC's, you'll end up with the default head mesh with only the racial morph applied.  If a custom head sculpt is used, then re-exporting Facegen would result in a different head shape.  In both cases, you'll have to use an outside program to manually sculpt the high poly head to match the sculpted head of each NPC.

My scripts were meant only for NPC's that use vanilla morphs and assets.  High Poly Head.esm will be added as a master and all supported vanilla head part records will be swapped for their high poly version.

That error implies that the high poly male nord head record can't be mapped.  The 09 is the load order detected for High Poly Head.esm.  Make sure that it's higher in the load order than any NPC/follower mod.

If you're using High Poly Head as a master along with my scripts, then no files need to be copied.  Only the .tri morphs for facial animations will be used.

Need some help with this mod please. I am fairly new to modding and after unpacking this file i created a 7zip archive and installed via vortex. Deployed mods, when to character creation screen in Racemenu but still have only 2 options in Face Part. Breton and BretonVampire. What am i doing wrong or missing, any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Author

@bokentekina  Use the Google Drive mirror.  It's the very first link in the downloads.  People really need to stop posting 1 star reviews due to site issues.  I've no control over that.

@jessevjames89  Don't manually extract anything.  Just use a mod manager to install the original .zip and follow the installer script.

Thank you @ KouLeifoh i finally could download the archive. There is no way for me to know that was an error from the page and i had tryed everything i could, i now write a new review. Would be nice to change the name of the first archive so ppl with the same problem that i had know that there is another option for the download of the mod. As far i can see the first archive just have letters and i though it was anything less other option of download,  but not from all the archives to choose.

Englis is not my main language :D

I know its not this mod, as many people are using it without issue and im pretty sure its my mod setup, but i was wondering if anyone else had encountered crashes after installing this mod? like, if you did, what did you do to fix it?, make no mistake im not blaming this mod or anything, im just curious if anyone else has experienced a game crash when adding it to their game.

has anyone else experienced all of the heads switching back to their low poly versions? It was working fine last night and all i downloaded today was some armors. Hop in game and boom none of the races have the high poly heads. I tried reinstalling and i can't seem to get them back.

On 8/21/2020 at 1:50 PM, KouLeifoh said:

Sometimes, modders would wipe the records for the vanilla morphs to prevent theft of head shapes since they're no longer used after creating Facegen data.  If you try to re-export Facegen data for these NPC's, you'll end up with the default head mesh with only the racial morph applied.  If a custom head sculpt is used, then re-exporting Facegen would result in a different head shape.  In both cases, you'll have to use an outside program to manually sculpt the high poly head to match the sculpted head of each NPC.

My scripts were meant only for NPC's that use vanilla morphs and assets.  High Poly Head.esm will be added as a master and all supported vanilla head part records will be swapped for their high poly version.

That error implies that the high poly male nord head record can't be mapped.  The 09 is the load order detected for High Poly Head.esm.  Make sure that it's higher in the load order than any NPC/follower mod.

If you're using High Poly Head as a master along with my scripts, then no files need to be copied.  Only the .tri morphs for facial animations will be used.

Thank you for replying. In the mean time I found a guide to use Outfit Studio, Blender and SurfaceTool/ModelingCloth to vertex paint facegeom.nif of custom npcs. It's the guide for Citrus Head conversion to high poly, though it works for this head just as well. The only issue right now is that you can't use Blender 2.8, as the required Blender addon works only with 2.7.  The dev promised to release it later this year for 2.8, so custom NPC head porting is possible for noobs like me, if somewhat tedious.

I am using the high poly head for my male PC and he looks fabulously smooth with his fluffy beard. I'll switch to expressive animations .tri later on as vanilla expressions are just awkward in comparison.

On 9/3/2020 at 11:24 PM, Ixnay said:

Sculpt->Export Head creates a DDS but not a NIF. Didn't see anything about that in this thread or in the docs for the mod. Have I overlooked something? Thanks.

Your facegeom.nif is overwritten in the vanilla location, especially if you're using Mod Organizer or similar. The facegeom.nif in your mod folder is overwritten so backups are absolutely mandatory. DDS is not overwritten but mostly it doesn't work for me as intended. I had to reinstall a couple of mods to restore the nifs.