Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

KouLeifoh

Download — High Poly Head

Did you use the high poly head esm as a master? If not, you should do that fisrt in sseedit by copying the records that contain headparts (head, brows, beards) into a new esp related to the npc (s) you’re editing. Then, you open CK, and you can change the headparts from high poly esm. 
Sorry if I’m not quite clear with my writing, English is not my primary language. 

Smashman, did you read the description of the mod’s page? There is no support for beast races, not for Khajiits or argonians. 

Edited by Circusf18
Forgot something

Author
Author of the topic Posted
On 4/6/2020 at 11:10 AM, smashman said:

What if I don't have FacePart sliders neither for khajiit nor argonian in racemenu?

On 4/6/2020 at 1:23 PM, Circusf18 said:

Smashman, did you read the description of the mod’s page? There is no support for beast races, not for Khajiits or argonians. 

Support for Khajiit and Argonian races was added in the recent update.  I also added a custom slider to allow the Face Part slider to appear for them.

i'm not sure if it's something on my end, but the vampire head fix isn't working for me. the only other mod i have that involves vampires is Better Vampires. it doesn't matter what mod i get that says it fixes the sunken face issue, they never fix it for me. the only way for me to fix it is to go into showracemenu, switch between the normal headmesh and the vampire headmesh so my vampire's face goes back to normal, every time i load into the game.

and going into sculpt mode, shows me that the entire headmesh is just missing, so i can't edit my vampire's face at all, ever

i'm at a loss :c

vampire's face when first loading in, and going into showracemenu:

Spoiler

M2fEcUd.png

vampire's face after switching face parts (face is their normal shape):

Spoiler

esUHDDe.png

sculpt mode showing that the headmesh is missing:

Spoiler

2QJ23Ny.png

Edited by BatsyBatsBoi
screenshots

When I load the esm in CK and change the npc head to the high poly head, the preview window shows a missing texture on the npc, i.e. only eyes and mouths with no face mesh. If I just save and export the facegendata like this, the npc's face ended up messed up in game. Did I do something wrong?

edit: i opened up nifskope to look at the malehead.nif, it looks perfectly fine (?) but in CK it's just the red error triangle :( any help please?

I redownloaded the 1.2 version for LE and the nif shows up in CK perfectly, but when I apply the head to the npc it ended up looking like this:

Spoiler

NnN78IS.jpg

Author

@BatsyBatsBoi You may have another mod that's changing the vampire races.  This includes skill/combat/balance mods.  The fix itself is simple, but it needs to be applied to conflicting mods.  If you change the face part while using a vampire race, the head mesh will not be visible in Sculpt mode.  You have to exit RaceMenu and then open it again to have the head mesh appear.

@tinytearsocean That's normal for the LE CK.  The vanilla head parts have their center located at the origin (0, 0, 0).  Their NiTriShapes use a translation to move the head parts to where they should be on the body in-game.  My high poly head parts (heads, brows, beards, scars) already have the translation applied to avoid future problems.  The LE CK ignores this translation in the preview window.  The exported FaceGen will look the same as the preview window, but they'll work correctly in-game.  The SE CK does not have this issue.

Great Mod! Works perfectly with Bijin Skin. However I was getting holes in the Eyebrows because I use Brows by Hvergelmir. I fixed it by just smoothing out the eyebrows in the Sculpt  menu and now it looks Great!

Thanks for the great mod.

On 4/13/2020 at 1:18 PM, KouLeifoh said:

@BatsyBatsBoi You may have another mod that's changing the vampire races.  This includes skill/combat/balance mods.  The fix itself is simple, but it needs to be applied to conflicting mods.  If you change the face part while using a vampire race, the head mesh will not be visible in Sculpt mode.  You have to exit RaceMenu and then open it again to have the head mesh appear.

@tinytearsocean That's normal for the LE CK.  The vanilla head parts have their center located at the origin (0, 0, 0).  Their NiTriShapes use a translation to move the head parts to where they should be on the body in-game.  My high poly head parts (heads, brows, beards, scars) already have the translation applied to avoid future problems.  The LE CK ignores this translation in the preview window.  The exported FaceGen will look the same as the preview window, but they'll work correctly in-game.  The SE CK does not have this issue.

Thank you! I got it solved and helped another person with the same problem on youtube.

Author

If the face part slider exists, it should at least be movable to 1 (default head).  On the rare occassion that it's stuck at zero for me, exiting/restarting the game normally fixes it (possibly due to a mod load issue).  If you're playing on SE, an updated RaceMenu is required.

Hey, it's me again. I have problem with HP head that glows strangely making a neckseam. I compared both in NifSkope and can't figure it out. Left is your mod, right Enhanced vanilla.

head_comp.png

Is there any way you can give khajiit some TLC? One thing I liked about Citrus was that it got rid of the jagged neck.

This is vanilla vs Citrus

ScreenShot0.png.753ede23f782ca3d67b9ef053dd378ab.pngScreenShot1.png.23febe1e161de8a4a96f40a3828459cd.png

High Poly heads is definitely an improvement over vanilla, but still leaves the neck jagged unlike Citrus.

Citrus is nice, but the notorious eyelash misalignment issue for Nord Males happens, which High Poly Head does not suffer from.

Okay, I’m stupid bitch ass. I replaced vanilla specular maps with incredibly glossy ones. Still,  I don’t know why vanilla overwrites custom ones. 

14 hours ago, mithindis said:

Is there any way you can give khajiit some TLC? One thing I liked about Citrus was that it got rid of the jagged neck.

This is vanilla vs Citrus

ScreenShot0.png.753ede23f782ca3d67b9ef053dd378ab.pngScreenShot1.png.23febe1e161de8a4a96f40a3828459cd.png

High Poly heads is definitely an improvement over vanilla, but still leaves the neck jagged unlike Citrus.

Citrus is nice, but the notorious eyelash misalignment issue for Nord Males happens, which High Poly Head does not suffer from.

It’s possible to fix with sculpt option in Racemenu. Just choose „smooth” and use brush on her neck. 

3 hours ago, wotwot said:

Okay, I’m stupid bitch ass. I replaced vanilla specular maps with incredibly glossy ones. Still,  I don’t know why vanilla overwrites custom ones. 

It’s possible to fix with sculpt option in Racemenu. Just choose „smooth” and use brush on her neck. 

Yeah, it's easily fixable with sculpting but I was moreso hoping to fix it for all Khajiit, not just PC.

On 5/5/2020 at 10:27 PM, KouLeifoh said:

If the face part slider exists, it should at least be movable to 1 (default head).  On the rare occassion that it's stuck at zero for me, exiting/restarting the game normally fixes it (possibly due to a mod load issue).  If you're playing on SE, an updated RaceMenu is required.

AH yes i need to update my racemenu

Thankyou:)

Hey guys, just wanted to report that I have been testing High Poly head as and ESM/ESL and so far 70+ hours not a hitch. I believe the plugin can safely be converted to a pseudoESL, please correct me if I am wrong. ❤️ 

Author

@mithindis The mane isn't actually attached to the head mesh.  It just floats there and uses alpha blending to hide the neck seam by simulating overlapping fur.  I had to split them for separate conversions and didn't want the mane to deviate too much from the base shape.  The mane can be manually smoothed, but I'll need to figure out how to do it without having to redo all the morphs since they're just deltas from a base shape.

@Disciple Dark I haven't extensively tested it myself, but there may be an issue with overhaul mods that require the High Poly Head as a master due to how ESL is loaded at the opposite end (0xFE instead of 0x00).  If you don't use such mods, the ESM/ESL format should be fine.

4 hours ago, KouLeifoh said:

@mithindis The mane isn't actually attached to the head mesh.  It just floats there and uses alpha blending to hide the neck seam by simulating overlapping fur.  I had to split them for separate conversions and didn't want the mane to deviate too much from the base shape.  The mane can be manually smoothed, but I'll need to figure out how to do it without having to redo all the morphs since they're just deltas from a base shape.

@Disciple Dark I haven't extensively tested it myself, but there may be an issue with overhaul mods that require the High Poly Head as a master due to how ESL is loaded at the opposite end (0xFE instead of 0x00).  If you don't use such mods, the ESM/ESL format should be fine.

Indeed, I am not currently using HPH as a master. I think I read something about it being included in a wabba list somewhere but my memory well what was I saying? oh yes, I agree, I would not place a master in the 0xFE unless the child was also in the 0xFE I believe it is fine in such a case. I am on a fork Lotus/LOTD/Living Skyrim. But I added a lot of beef. While I have your eye I want to say thank you so much for your work and gifts to we little folk. ❤️ Much love, you are appreciated ❤️ 

On 5/7/2020 at 7:27 PM, wotwot said:

Hey, it's me again. I have problem with HP head that glows strangely making a neckseam. I compared both in NifSkope and can't figure it out. Left is your mod, right Enhanced vanilla.

head_comp.png

Hello, I don't know if you managed to fix this problem yet but I had a similiar issue with the "Pure CBBE SE" skin texture and switching over to "Fair Skin Complexion SE" worked for me.