Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DarkIbis

Texture Compatability [NSFW]

I received permission to attempt compatibility with the SAM body and a particular set of textures an wanted to know if any0one was up for the job because I don't know what I'm doing :P

A link to the mod:https://rd.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53667?tab=images

The problem is making sure that SAM's UV mapping is equatable to the textures this guy has posted.

Permission.PNG

Author of the topic Posted

I tired it and the details on the skin just don't  match up  :/ 

He has nipple textures and naval textures that are a little lower than their mesh counter parts on the SAM body I don't know how to stretch the textures without breaking things :/

Author

I have an idea on how to do it:  use 3DS Max, import SAM's body mesh, change UV layout to closely match SOS body mesh, bake SOS textures from a SAM body mesh with new UV layout into another SAM body mesh with the old UV layout, do touchups in photoshop.

The texture itself looks good, but it's not really for me.  I do like the idea behind the specular maps.  It makes the skin pores pop in certain lighting

Yeah normal/specular maps for pores is fabulous!  It can be great for veins and extra details of all sorts.  Here some renders I did recently (in another game & photoshop) of a custom toon I've put together some different looks for, his pores have normal/specular effect, and a bunch in the hair, brows, lips too, etc.  Pretty low poly champ, and only max 1024/1024 textures lol.  but he's still yummy in his different forms. :D  All three are the same underlying body mesh I tweaked the shape a ton on, and obviously used different skins and accessories.

puppy-play_003-19.jpg

porch-livingroom_018-4.jpg

Snapshot_045-9.jpg

40 minutes ago, infiniteone said:

Yeah normal/specular maps for pores is fabulous!  It can be great for veins and extra details of all sorts.  Here some renders I did recently (in another game & photoshop) of a custom toon I've put together some different looks for, his pores have normal/specular effect, and a bunch in the hair, brows, lips too, etc.  Pretty low poly champ, and only max 1024/1024 textures lol.  but he's still yummy in his different forms. :D  All three are the same underlying body mesh I tweaked the shape a ton on, and obviously used different skins and accessories.

puppy-play_003-19.jpg

porch-livingroom_018-4.jpg

Snapshot_045-9.jpg

:o wow oh my gosh wow

I'll try to download 3ds max for free I'm sure we get it as as  software bundle  with my university... So I'll go form there. Thank you mister KouLeifoh.

Author

I played around with the normal maps and tried blending them with my own custom maps.  The result isn't that bad.  I put together some combos and made some screenshots of them.  They're labeled with the combo I used.  They all use Fair Men Skin's specular maps since those work even with vanilla.  Ignore the feet since those require extra work due to vastly different UV layout.

test0.thumb.jpg.5de869f348e0f0fd1cab620e5dbee9cc.jpgtest3.thumb.jpg.c8262c31e7c77f7bb8e89cce7323d5e7.jpgtest1.thumb.jpg.48e3be8d9558b5098aaf35c21b725adb.jpg

test4.thumb.jpg.fc2b60ab2fdddd7341214f04d4e3ac4b.jpgtest2.thumb.jpg.da3018ab5bd98873a83b65442ac14a86.jpg

Author
2 hours ago, KouLeifoh said:

I played around with the normal maps and tried blending them with my own custom maps.  The result isn't that bad.  I put together some combos and made some screenshots of them.  They're labeled with the combo I used.  They all use Fair Men Skin's specular maps since those work even with vanilla.  Ignore the feet since those require extra work due to vastly different UV layout.

test0.thumb.jpg.5de869f348e0f0fd1cab620e5dbee9cc.jpgtest3.thumb.jpg.c8262c31e7c77f7bb8e89cce7323d5e7.jpgtest1.thumb.jpg.48e3be8d9558b5098aaf35c21b725adb.jpg

test4.thumb.jpg.fc2b60ab2fdddd7341214f04d4e3ac4b.jpgtest2.thumb.jpg.da3018ab5bd98873a83b65442ac14a86.jpg

Looking good. :D we need more skins for same, or at least muscles :P not to much like Hulk, but slightly more than normal SAM

Author
13 hours ago, KouLeifoh said:

If you need beta tester i'll be glad to help. LOLLLLL

Author
21 hours ago, Darnexx said:

Looking good. :D we need more skins for same, or at least muscles :P not to much like Hulk, but slightly more than normal SAM

I agree that there should be more diversity with body types, but having everyone look like Hulk by default is a bit much for me. xD

Author
1 hour ago, KouLeifoh said:

I agree that there should be more diversity with body types, but having everyone look like Hulk by default is a bit much for me. xD

Love your custom skin btw :P 

On 12/24/2017 at 10:18 AM, KouLeifoh said:

I am very happy that you're continuing to tinker with the idea the things you create here have always been amazing!  I do have to say as others have that your custom skin and the last skin look amazing seriously they look life like!
   To be honest I didn't really know what normal maps did I thought they had to do something with transparency and 3d-rendering or something to that effect xD
    But I see they seem to add another layer of definition. However it's your custom skin that actually seems to give the Fair Men Skin normals the ability to bring the level of realism. 

I guess lol the realism that I speak of seems to be the color added into the skin and the details in it. It looks like it has life xD When I see the Sam Skin + Sam mesh combos the guy looks like he's waiting for a postmortem.

Author

Those screenshots are from Nifskope.  They look different in-game after skin tinting and lighting are applied.  The "postmortem" look of SAM's skin texture is intentional.  It's best to keep the colors desaturated and somewhat neutral to play better with Skyrim's skin tints.  I had to change mine constantly since there's a skin lighting difference between Oldrim and SE.

ARE  there any other released body textures that are not the ones that come with SAM? - something like a skysight (that would be ideal) but ill settle with  options :P 

Thanks in advance.