Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

extremuse

SAM for Animals/Creatures

I don't think there are; 

It would take a lot of effort to make creatures be compatible with the SAM mesh body and it's textures. You would have to stretch them out using another program and rework every giant in skyrim or the entire race to look more human then overlay it with the giant's feature D:

The entire thing is just scary, there are mods that add more monsters to skyrim that have human like features you can try Skyrim Monster mod or as it's called  Skymo

Author
9 hours ago, Don said:

Sam giant. For fun. Lol

[snip]

That does look like fun.  I tried looking through the files to see if an easy replacement is possible.  It's not. :o

The skeleton has a different proportion and the animations seem to be linked to that proportion.  There are two options, with one being easier than the other:

1. Modify the existing giant's body, changing body shape, textures, etc
  2. Resize SAM body mesh to have the same proportion as the giant's skeleton and redo weights

There are pros and cons for both.  The first one is easy with just Outfit Studio.  The second one requires a full 3D edit but will allow current SAM textures to be used.  It would be an interesting side project to have.

On a side note, has anyone already converted the giant's clothes to be wearable?

Author
12 minutes ago, KouLeifoh said:

On a side note, has anyone already converted the giant's clothes to be wearable?

I think there is one on nexus. I already use it long time ago. Giants armor for human.

On 12/29/2017 at 4:43 PM, DarkIbis said:

I don't think there are; 

It would take a lot of effort to make creatures be compatible with the SAM mesh body and it's textures. You would have to stretch them out using another program and rework every giant in skyrim or the entire race to look more human then overlay it with the giant's feature ?

The entire thing is just scary, there are mods that add more monsters to skyrim that have human like features you can try Skyrim Monster mod or as it's called  Skymo

On 12/30/2017 at 6:39 AM, Don said:

Sam giant. For fun. Lol

FB_IMG_1514633911294.jpg

FB_IMG_1514633924302.jpg

On 12/30/2017 at 4:41 PM, KouLeifoh said:

That does look like fun.  I tried looking through the files to see if an easy replacement is possible.  It's not. :o

The skeleton has a different proportion and the animations seem to be linked to that proportion.  There are two options, with one being easier than the other:

1. Modify the existing giant's body, changing body shape, textures, etc
  2. Resize SAM body mesh to have the same proportion as the giant's skeleton and redo weights

There are pros and cons for both.  The first one is easy with just Outfit Studio.  The second one requires a full 3D edit but will allow current SAM textures to be used.  It would be an interesting side project to have.

Any update on this!?? Its a very exciting concept lol. 

Alright so... worked on this all effing day and I need to revise my statement before

Its possible. But ... Not sure I want to tackle this one. That said if I can perfect the werewolf and giant followers I made I can release those

screenshot_0002.thumb.png.68e84e05acb84408a90175dfea0460be.png

Author

It use human head too. You can see the face different right. This body totally sam and textures. This giant based on mod giant race modified to sam.

But i don't play LE anymore and this file gone with my hdd. If i must make giant again it will be for sam light. Not for skyrim LE for sure.