Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

KouLeifoh

Download — SAM Light Texture Add-on

Author

SAM Light Texture Add-on

Custom skin textures I created for SAM Light for personal use.  It's reached a point where I feel it's ready for everyone else to use.  These textures are for human races only.

Each texture set is custom made and meant to be used together.

Hand and feet textures include fingernails/toenails and are meant to be used with hand/feet meshes from SAM High Poly Conversion.

Face textures include high quality ears and no problematic seams commonly found in the back of the head.

Requirements

Diffuse Maps

• created from various photo references
  • slightly saturated and mainly tailored for Nords
  • skin tone might be off for non-Nord races
  • includes body hair options
  • optional tanline body
  • available in 2k (uncompressed)

Normal Maps (_msn)

• baked from high poly models and blended with skin pores for extra details
  • face maps use vanilla maps as base and blended to remove neck seams
  • available in 4k and 2k (uncompressed)

Specular Maps (_s)

• designed specifically to highlight fine skin pores while not being overly glossy
  • available in 4k and 2k (compresed and uncompressed variants)

Subsurface Maps (_sk)

• effect is subtle in Oldrim but much more noticeable in SE
  • created from diffuse maps
  • available in 1k (compressed and uncompressed variants)

Face Complexion Maps

• custom-made complexion maps
  • rough maps are freckles and age maps are sharper and appear younger than vanilla
  • certain NPC's may look different due to age complexion
  • available in 1k uncompressed (RGB 64:64:64)

Installation
If using a mod manager, just follow the installer.  The quality 4k options are meant for screenarchery, but they're usable for general gameplay if you have a capable system.

Manual Installation

• 00 Diffuse
    • textures in _bodyBase, _hands, _head folders are required
    • choose one body texture from _bodyDefault (normal body) or _bodyTan (tanline body) folders
  • 01 Normal
    • textures in _hands and _head folders are required.
    • choose between 2k body (_body2k) or 4k body (_body4k)
    • optionally install texture in _headCustom folder for custom head texture
  • 02 Specular
    • Quality: pick one body texture from _body2k or _body4k folder, then install all textures in _quality2k folder
    • Performance: install all textures in the _performance2k folder
  • 03 Subsurface
    • Quality: install all textures in the _quality1k folder
    • Performance: install all textures in the _performance1k folder
  • 04 Face Detail
    • optional for custom face complexion maps

What about SAM (full)?
Due to the vast amount of normal maps used, I decided to only support SAM Light since it uses only one set of normal maps.  The other maps can be used for SAM, but some editing is needed if you want the genital textures.

Please do not modify and share without my permission.

Credit goes to Vector for the creation of Shape Atlas for Men.

Hi,

Thanks for your work. I love the feet.

If I understand it correctly, it seems there is a mistake in your upload: in malehands_0.nif (and _1.nif), you include malehands_1_sk.dds, but in your upload, it's malehands_sk.dds (wihtout "_1").

Regards.

I wish it does work with HDT vagina..This is best texture for whole skyrim or SE .. :( But I think problem is SAM Light not texture mod..Is that possible to install this mod and overwrite to normal SAM ?

Hi it's amazing but unfortunatly i can't use it. I've istalled SAM Light and SAM Light Add on

but in game the texture with tan line appear for a moment then got replaced with another trexture (classic SAM texture i guess) and genital don't have texture animore. Please help me if you can this work is the best

Author
4 hours ago, GinPara said:

Hi it's amazing but unfortunatly i can't use it. I've istalled SAM Light and SAM Light Add on

but in game the texture with tan line appear for a moment then got replaced with another trexture (classic SAM texture i guess) and genital don't have texture animore. Please help me if you can this work is the best

maybe it's a silly question, but just to check.. surely you aren't using SAM Light while full SAM is installed as well, right?

KouLeifoh, is it possible if you make adaptor for your nice textures to be compatible with mod "COtR - HQ Characters creation addon for RM"? They have adaptor for standard SAM skin which looks nice but not for yours.

Author
Author of the topic Posted
6 hours ago, merry said:

KouLeifoh, is it possible if you make adaptor for your nice textures to be compatible with mod "COtR - HQ Characters creation addon for RM"? They have adaptor for standard SAM skin which looks nice but not for yours.

I made a quick template for it found here.  Once I update my texture addon, I'll add a proper template to the downloads.

15 hours ago, KouLeifoh said:

I made a quick template for it found here.  Once I update my texture addon, I'll add a proper template to the downloads.

Thanks a lot, you're the best :)

Hey Kou,

I was wondering what DDS export settings you are using as I'd like to overlay some scar textures on the Diffuse and Normals for personal use, but exporting using DXT5 ARGB 8bpp with Mip maps make the Diffuse texture appear blue in game like it does in photoshop.

Any help is appreciated!
Cheers

Author
Author of the topic Posted

For skin textures, I don't use any compression to avoid having strange artifacts and coloration on skin when I'm doing screenarchery.  For low end systems where compression is needed, DXT1 (no alpha) or DXT5 (alpha) is used for the best compatibility.  If you're playing on SE, then BC7 compression is superior and should be used instead.  I'm using the Intel Texture Works plugin for photoshop.

20 hours ago, KouLeifoh said:

For skin textures, I don't use any compression to avoid having strange artifacts and coloration on skin when I'm doing screenarchery.  For low end systems where compression is needed, DXT1 (no alpha) or DXT5 (alpha) is used for the best compatibility.  If you're playing on SE, then BC7 compression is superior and should be used instead.  I'm using the Intel Texture Works plugin for photoshop.

Ah neat I'll give it a look! Cheers for the info! 👍

EDIT: Intel Texture Works did the trick. Textures now load in the proper colour format rather than blue through the nvidia DDS photoshop plugin.

Edited by electricalskateboard

20210604181843_1.thumb.jpg.2b0a4661f8de95206043e1ed71e06cc4.jpgHello,

I'm using Sam Light in SE with the texture addon and high poly addon.  For some reason I have a hole in my character's right neck or maybe right below the neck area.  Anyone else seen this?  If so, how to fix?  I can see a transparent hole into his body. :)

Edited by Greymantle

hi , im love those underweark mark .. but i am using Schlong and the dicks are from other color , like the body .. do you have an idea of how to get the dick same color than the skin that is where there is no suntan ?

Thanks for this, absolutely amazing. Any chance that you could upload the bodyslide files for the vanilla refits or link to the correct version of them if they are posted somewhere?

Hello there,

Forgive me if this has already been asked before but is there a way to install more than one body hair option? I selected the hybrid one when I installed this pack but I was wondering if there was a way I could give myself or other NPCs different body hair textures instead of everyone having the same ones. Thanks in advance!

Love your work!