Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mystery

Does S.A.M work on special edition?

Admin

Updating SAM for TESV: Skyrim Special Edition is not feasible at the moment due to underlying frameworks required by SAM are not ready yet. Namely, those are SKSE64, which development is "on hold", and NetImmerse Override, which in turn also requires SKSE to work.

Without SKSE many mods aren't possible in Skyrim SE, and it's unlikely SKSE64 will see the day of light anytime soon, if ever.

Short Answer: A Light Version could be created to work in Skyrim Special Edition.

No ESP, just meshes and textures replacements of the vanilla male body and armors.

How to:

First and above all.... All SAM (Skyrim 32bit) Meshes would need to be converted with SSE Nif Optimizer (this is a tool Ousnius created to convert Skyrim 32 nif's over to the Skyrim SE nif format).

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/4089/?

Note: Ousnius is the guy currently doing the upkeep on Bodyslide/Outfit Studio (for Skyrim 32, Fallout 4, and Skyrim Special Edition). I just use alot of his tools when I create stuff for said games (cause I'm the lazy bastard). Also Bodyslide for SSE can convert nif's from the skyrim 32 format over to Skyrim SE format so use the Skyrim SE version of Bodyslide when building a SAM SE light package).

The Male "Nake" Body will need to have the schlong mesh added (import via bodyslide) and the underwear removed (do both of those in outfit studio for both the low and high weights).

You would also need to choose if you want to keep the hood  (uncut) on the schlong, or remove it (as it is a second mesh in the schlong nif, you can choose to remove if if you want cut erections, or keep it for uncut erections).

SAM Hands and Feet need to be run thru nif optimizer to work in SSE (as they are 32bit nif's and need to be updated to the 64bit format).

For Body Textures: Don't use the SAME ESP and just load the base texture sets for SAM (ie malebody_1.dds, malebody_1_msn.dds, malebody_1_s.dds, and malebody_1_sk.dds).

Note 1: You will not get in game adjustments of muscular detail (normal maps) or samson, samuel  shape adjustments (so choose which normal map you want and stick with it).

Note 2: You will not get in game changing between hairy, light, and non-hair body textures (again you will need to choose which single texture you want for the male body and stick with it).

With that you would be look at a SAM Light version for SSE (and that is just the naked body and texture sets).

It would be the body, and a single texture set and nothing else.

You would also need to run the armors thru nif optimizer to get them to work in SSE and anything made for SAM that is loaded from a Skyrim 32bit  "*".bsa file would need to be extracted from the archive and the nif's would need to be converted over as well.

It is Not a simple task, but if you wanted the higher poly meshes... it is possible.

Now if you want to go a step or 3 further. You could build a bodyslide package that generates the SAM body and pieces in more of a SAMSON Shape instead of the Base SAM Low and High shape. This would call for loading the Vanilla to SAM outfit studio package and setting the low weight as the reference skinny sam type and outputting the high weight with samson's size (and making sure the wrist, ankle, and neck seams are set correctly for the 2 nif's.). More work then what most would know what to do... so someone would have to build a package others could use.

You could setup a FOMOD NMM package that would allow users to pick what diffuse texture set they want and what norm maps they want (I'm not good with FOMOD's as I usually do stuff manually).

You could also do a mix and match, where certain clothes would use the samuel shape at the high weight while armors would use the samson shape at the high weight (that would be a real pain in the butt though).

And No I'm not saying I'll build a SAM Light package for SSE... I'm a Lazy bastard... I'll just inform people of what they need to do to build there own version and have it work in SSE (that is why I'm called a bastard).

skse and skyui are now working, I installed sam, and it works kinda, you have a menu, you have the better texture, but unfortunately since the is no racemenu yet there is not way to control the actual size of the body :(

I tried this and the changes to the nif work fine....in bodyslide..and also in nifscope...and can be accomplised through either...however in game the penis is still invisible and shows as a "hole"

any thoughts.....

Author

The current version of SAM relies on two SKSE plugins: nioverride.dll and ShapeAtlasForMen.dll.  They both need to be ported/recompiled for SKSE64.  NiOverride has been mostly ported and combined with chargen.dll into a new plugin "skee64" that's still in an alpha state.  Meanwhile, unless Vector has access to the source code for ShapeAtlasForMen.dll, he will need to implement all the functions contained within that plugin back into papyrus script form.

With a few adjustments, SAM meshes work fine in Skyrim SE, but without the SKSE64 plugins, the core functions will not work.

I noticed there are some other options out there now, SOSlite with some of the other skins, but mehh, SAM is just too much better to downgrade..  lol...  I am using the latest SKSE, SkyUI and many of my mods now have MCM functionality working flawlessly, I hope we can get SAM updated someday, its been forever, but things are picking up steam now.  I miss seeing the meat & potatoes and yummy buns in game lol, but I simply cant play classic skyrim anymore, unless I want to virtualize the ancient and buggy windows 7, which I dont.  Oldrim will simply not work for modding on a modern OS, due to the limitation on memory, and no more OS exploit to get more ram in use.

1 hour ago, Melesse said:

If you're talking about the DirectX9 4 GB VRAM limit, that was fixed in the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update. 

Yeah I heard about that, though I have no way to test as I dont have any old games except Skyrim that used that exploit.  Its not only a vram issue though, Oldrim is a dx9 32bit app, it took hacks to try and cram in more goodness.  Besides,  I can never go back to playing the old skyrim after enjoying the remastered one so much more, I deleted everything and have never looked back except to port a few things over.  RIP oldrim, its been utterly laid to waste lol.