Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tiranno71

Looking for SAM Armors Tutorial Refit

Refitting with morphs would need tools that are not currently available (specifically Vector's tools for Caliente's Bodylside/Outfit Studio or at least the Samson and Samuel nif meshes). I could reconstruct the old tutorials by Vector and Hymnaru, but without those it would be pointless. If the resources will made shareable again, it will be possible to new refits, otherwise we're a bit stuck on that front :\

21 hours ago, Felio said:

Refitting with morphs would need tools that are not currently available (specifically Vector's tools for Caliente's Bodylside/Outfit Studio or at least the Samson and Samuel nif meshes). I could reconstruct the old tutorials by Vector and Hymnaru, but without those it would be pointless. If the resources will made shareable again, it will be possible to new refits, otherwise we're a bit stuck on that front :\

Its sound feels great. Does the Vector's tools for BodySlide look like Super Hero Bodies which is compatible with BodySlide and has pre-settings? I wanna get more information about it.

10 hours ago, Kyoshi said:

Its sound feels great. Does the Vector's tools for BodySlide look like Super Hero Bodies which is compatible with BodySlide and has pre-settings? I wanna get more information about it.

mmmh nope, it was a simple conversion preset for outfit studio from vanilla to sam body with the three needed sliders (_0 shape, Samson and Samuel).

On 2/2/2017 at 0:09 PM, tiranno71 said:

When hymnaru tutorial was available i've downloaded all tools needed (Bodyslide for sam too).

I miss just the tutorial.

The steps were conceptually quite easy, but you need to know how to useboyslide and have as well a couple of toher programs: REBOL with Bodyslide Tools and something calle Body Morph (not sure if the download has the same name though) for generating the tri files.

Basically what you want to do is:

• Import the outfit in Outfit Studio and conform it to SAM base shape
  • Check with the three sliders if clipping happens and in case correct it
  • Save the project
  • In Bodyslyde export the armor using full Samson at 0 weight and full Samuel at 1 weight
  • As bodyslide only exports your file as name_0.nif/name_1.nif, rename that as name_samson.nif/name_samuel.nif
  • Repeat the export of the armor in Bodyslyde, but this time as the base _0 and _1 shapes

Now you should have 4 nifs: _0, _1, _samson and _samuel _0 and _0 are the ones you'll need to use in the game.

Now you have to create the tri files for the Samson and Samuel morph to do so you must

• Open the _1, _samson and _samuel nifs
  • Export ALL NiTriShapes (remember to give them a name to identify them as _1, _samson or _samuel) as OBJs
    • It is useful at this point to name them the exact same name they have in the nif file with the _0, _samson and _samuel suffix, as you'll need to remember those names
  • Open Bodyslide_tools.r in REBOL (drag and drop the script on the exe)
  • Input the command Make-BSD. A window opens, select the _1 obj of ONE nitrishape and press ok
  • When it is prompted to select the slider object files, select the _samson and _samuel of the same nitrishape and press ok
  • Repeat this for ALL the nitrishapes. You will have two BSD files (_samson and _samuel) for each nitrishape
  • Open BodyMorph, right click and add a morph. Name it Samson
  • Right click the morph and add TriShape. Name it the SAME EXACT NAME as the first niTriShape of your armor. Repeat for all the nitrishapes.
  • On each nitrishape right-clik and Set Vertex Delta file. When prompted select the corresponding samson BDS of the niTriShape
  • Repeat this for the Samuel morph
  • Now for compatibility with newer versions (I think 3.34+) of niOverride you should do the same naming the morphs as the nitrishapes and adding as shapes Samson and Samuel.
    • In theory you need only to do it either by nesting the morphs under the shape or the shapes under the morph, but I don't remember which was needed for which version.
  • Save the tri file, best if you name it the same way as the armor
  • On the _0 and _1 nif files copy/paste the niStringExtraData you find in any SAM ready mesh that points to the tri file
  • Rename it BODYTRY and use as skin data the location of the tri file you saved from BodyMorph (best if put in the same folder as the armor

It's a long and tedious process, but once you do it a couple of times you remember it... not sure 100% how good

On 2017/2/4 at 4:36 AM, Felio said:

mmmh nope, it was a simple conversion preset for outfit studio from vanilla to sam body with the three needed sliders (_0 shape, Samson and Samuel).

The steps were conceptually quite easy, but you need to know how to useboyslide and have as well a couple of toher programs: REBOL with Bodyslide Tools and something calle Body Morph (not sure if the download has the same name though) for generating the tri files.

Basically what you want to do is:

• Import the outfit in Outfit Studio and conform it to SAM base shape
  • Check with the three sliders if clipping happens and in case correct it
  • Save the project
  • In Bodyslyde export the armor using full Samson at 0 weight and full Samuel at 1 weight
  • As bodyslide only exports your file as name_0.nif/name_1.nif, rename that as name_samson.nif/name_samuel.nif
  • Repeat the export of the armor in Bodyslyde, but this time as the base _0 and _1 shapes

Now you should have 4 nifs: _0, _1, _samson and _samuel _0 and _0 are the ones you'll need to use in the game.

Thanks, Felio!

According to your tutorial, I just started working Bodyslide/Outfit Studio which has SAM morph converter. For testing, I used Dwarven armor of SAM Optional Vectors Module Armors, which had been already converted to SAM, and confirmed whether this converter worked fine or not. At this point, I would have some questions and I hope you or some kind persons to reply them.

1)  Which slider set name should I use, SAMActionMan or SAMKenDoll?

Bodyslide01.jpg

And, after loading as a new project, below pic was shown on left painting window. Maybe, almost OK!

Bodyslide02.jpg

2) So, as previous arrangement, I have to prepare tri file in order to convert non-SAM armors to SAM ones. But, unfortunately, I can't understand well about what you mentioned referring tri file as below. Could you kindly tell me in easy understood way?

On 2017/2/4 at 4:36 AM, Felio said:

Now you have to create the tri files for the Samson and Samuel morph to do so you must

• Open the _1, _samson and _samuel nifs
  • Export ALL NiTriShapes (remember to give them a name to identify them as _1, _samson or _samuel) as OBJs
    • It is useful at this point to name them the exact same name they have in the nif file with the _0, _samson and _samuel suffix, as you'll need to remember those names
  • Open Bodyslide_tools.r in REBOL(?) (drag and drop the script on the exe)
  • Input the command Make-BSD(?). A window opens, select the _1 obj of ONE nitrishape and press ok
  • When it is prompted to select the slider object files, select the _samson and _samuel of the same nitrishape and press ok
  • Repeat this for ALL the nitrishapes. You will have two BSD files (_samson and _samuel) for each nitrishape
  • Open BodyMorph, right click and add a morph. Name it Samson
  • Right click the morph and add TriShape. Name it the SAME EXACT NAME as the first niTriShape of your armor. Repeat for all the nitrishapes.
  • On each nitrishape right-clik and Set Vertex Delta(?) file. When prompted select the corresponding samson BDS of the niTriShape
  • Repeat this for the Samuel morph
  • Now for compatibility with newer versions (I think 3.34+) of niOverride you should do the same naming the morphs as the nitrishapes and adding as shapes Samson and Samuel.
    • In theory you need only to do it either by nesting the morphs under the shape or the shapes under the morph, but I don't remember which was needed for which version.
  • Save the tri file, best if you name it the same way as the armor
  • On the _0 and _1 nif files copy/paste the niStringExtraData you find in any SAM ready mesh that points to the tri file
  • Rename it BODYTRY and use as skin data the location of the tri file you saved from BodyMorph (best if put in the same folder as the armor

It's a long and tedious process, but once you do it a couple of times you remember it... not sure 100% how good

14 hours ago, Kyoshi said:

Thanks, Felio!According to your tutorial, I just started working Bodyslide/Outfit Studio which has SAM morph converter. For testing, I used Dwarven armor of SAM Optional Vectors Module Armors, which had been already converted to SAM, and confirmed whether this converter worked fine or not. At this point, I would have some questions and I hope you or some kind persons to reply them.

Ok, wait there: that's for converting FROM VANILLA TO SAM, meaning the armor to be correctly morphed whould be an armor fitted for VANILLA body. Using a SAM armor would deform it on the _1shape. that's the reason the shape you got is "almost" ok.

1)  Which slider set name should I use, SAMActionMan or SAMKenDoll?

For regular armors SAMKenDoll. ActionMan includes the schlong and it's mostly for refitting revealing armors/things that have to conform with the schlong

2) So, as previous arrangement, I have to prepare tri file in order to convert non-SAM armors to SAM ones. But, unfortunately, I can't understand well about what you mentioned referring tri file as below. Could you kindly tell me in easy understood way?

From what you highlighted I think you missed this:

On 3/2/2017 at 8:36 PM, Felio said:

The steps were conceptually quite easy, but you need to know how to useboyslide and have as well a couple of other programs: REBOL with Bodyslide Tools and something calle Body Morph (not sure if the download has the same name though) for generating the tri files.

I did manage to find those though google REBOL and Bodyslide tools (scroll down on the thread, you will need only the REBOL/View and the Bodyslide_Tool.r file in the Bodyslide_tools_v0.3.2.7z archive) and this should be BodyMorph (I didn't download it to test it but looks like it). If you look at the programs it should be more clear.

Could anyone provide the necessary tools? I'm interested in learning how to rebuild some armor for S.A.M, I already asked for an authorization and I'm waiting for the answer, but I would like to go ahead and learn.

Hello. some may have noticed but ladymoianare is closed. so when you try to get the necessary stuff for bodyslide like vectors caliente tools for sam in bodyslide, it wont go there due to the link being broken by the closing of ladymoianare. if anyone knows where the likes are please let me know, if your allowed to. gracias

I've been refitting just using Outfit Studio. Importing SAM body first, then a piece of armor (usually the cuirass/torso first since that's the most work), then the tri files for SAM body (malebody.tri). That gives you two sliders, one for Samuel and one for Samson. I click on the pencil icon to edit and just use the Outfit Studio tools to fit it to each morph, then export the tri as a new file. After that I select SAM body, right click, go to properties, and in the pop-up go to the extra data tab. In the value box put the file path within the meshes folder to my new tri file. So for the silver armor I did, in the value I put "armor\silver\cuirass.tri". Then I export the nif (including Sam body but only for the cuirass/torso. when I do the gloves/boots I put the extra data attached to the armor itself and delete Sam body before export). I'll try to add pictures later if this was too confusing. 

Thanks Jorrob, that's really helpful information, but if you could, I would definitely appreciate seeing some pictures. I'm trying to refit Immersive Armors to SAM and it's not going so well.

I still have the Vector's Caliente tools and SAM NIF libraries from that site before that guide and website was closed down.  I would love to share them if i do have permission to share.

Author
2 hours ago, nappilydeestruction said:

I still have the Vector's Caliente tools and SAM NIF libraries from that site before that guide and website was closed down.  I would love to share them if i do have permission to share.

Hi,

It was already reuploaded by rtim

Author

I just load high poly body reference. Forget that old stuff because we using high poly including genital XD. Generate tri with bodyslide to save time. 1 click done for tri file. Enjoy then.