Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sabersexy

Asking About SAM Light Texture Addon On Hoth

Honestly don't know how to word this title but I was kind of asking this one specifically for Hoth, I managed to do the things to make him work for SAM Lite, namely his race and textures and armor refits so on, even separated his cloak to a new armor piece with the SMP one from Artesan Cloaks. So my question is about the SAM Light Texture Addon and well, I kind of used the wrong texture on him, using the original SAM Lite Texture (not the one in the SAM Lite Texture Addon) so now he has neckseam error, or at least a texture mismatch. I mean it's not that noticeable... But I do notice It I guess in certain angles and on exteriors. And yes, I already did set his weight through command. I use one of SavrenX's face texture for everyone and it works okay.  

20200715232016_12.thumb.jpg.1adaed21967ca660852e5425fd7e9b68.jpg

20200724160650_1.thumb.jpg.555ff145142282a2fd21200efbade621.jpg

20200724152937_1.thumb.jpg.0927996152d66de5051ca4522e2c7085.jpg

20200724160727_1.thumb.jpg.79e263c04b6f4649ea38244088e759c1.jpg

20200724160743_1.thumb.jpg.fad5771d9c37d1a98376283b3c3b9e09.jpg

I guess what I'm really asking is, this: If I transfer this tattoo and wounds from my modified SamLite Hoth body texture:

1021777075_MaleBodyHoth.thumb.jpg.bc712e6925e26abeecb7fcb2376671a6.jpg

To this Sam Light Add on Texture:

123161671_MalebodySamlightTAddon.thumb.jpg.c01b4001dc77dfeeb372d1765f804177.jpg

Do I have to change the wounds and tattoo to... this color if I placed them to this body texture? 

Am I the only one seeing this though? The blueish skin? Is it normal? I mean everything works perfectly well for all my men so I'm guessing nothing's wrong except for Hoth. 

Author

Did you switch his Face Texture? I think he comes with his own too, or? Normaly there shouldn't be any neck seam if you switched his textures to SAM Light and he has no extra face texture.

Author of the topic Posted

No, he only came with a body that I replaced with the Sam Light one then took the tattoo and the wounds to that. As for his head, I didn't any textures though other than what I normally used in Racemenu like all my other characters. He has eyes on his bsa though but it doesn't work with the Nord Race, actually his default face doesn't work with the Nord Race at all so I changed that completely and made him an actual Nord with a new head from racemenu. 

EDIT: I'll double check in SSEdit and creation kit though just in case. 

EDIT Again: Okay, scratch that, he does have a head part and.... does complexion count as a face texture that you mentioned? 

WAIT.... Does face complexion affect even the neck?? I found that in my replacer on his head texture. I didn't realize I used a face complexion on him. I'll try to remove it and update his face and see if that works once and for all. 

Author

If he got an old face then yeah, it goes down till the neck with wrinkels. You can just change the Complexion in CK I think and save. Not sure tho. Or in xEdit.

So this time I tried removing the complexion but I still have the same problem, only this time he looks like a baby. Which was weird to see. I think it's the body texture here that's well... wrong, I just realized his hand texture don't fit too. And I remember he didn't have the Armor Addons hands, so it's definitely the body that's mismatched. Sure, I could add it in CK or XEdit but honestly I'm getting too worked up over this lol.

20200724221358_1.thumb.jpg.8877548116b31132915c313aa38e5dd3.jpg

I might just as well try just making his tattoo and wounds into a racemenu bodypaint overlay, then not have him use custom body textures and just plug those tats in Sam Racemenu Morphs and boom, Hoth. Just gotta have to learn it first though. I think that would be "easier". Sure it might take away his sort of uniqueness, but I'd go for that. 

I'll try turning the tattoo with wounds into an overlay. And see what happens.

EDIT: Is it possible to have custom bodypaints on NPC via CK? Like say I use the tattoos as bodypaint when creating him in Racemenu, then I import his head to CK. Would the bodypaint get imported too? 

Author

Body doesn't get imported. You need to give him extra body textures in CK. But did you add the right msn file? If he's not a nord then you need the one from his race. That can also cause seams.

Yeah, he's a nord and not HothNord like the original mod, and the msn file I had for him was from Savrenx muscular ones. Which is also what i have overwriting the body for the sam light texture add on so everyone has it. But I'm obviously doing something wrong since everything isn't right. I'll start over in case I did miss anything.