Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kreiste

Kreis' Armors devblog

Author

I hope I'm allowed to do this. I'd like to use this thread to document my process of creating my armors; particularly my Armors of Oblivion series, where I take classes of Oblivion (since Skyrim lacks the rigid class system) and create matching armors for the classes (think Final Fantasy jobs!)

Following the Mage class armor I made few days ago; I've moved on to work on the next class, Archer! Since I knew at least half the population had played as sneak archer at one point of their life in Tamriel xD

Spoiler

spacer.png spacer.png spacer.png

Besides documenting my development process, I'd like to also gather feedbacks on what people like and what they don't; so feel free to comment and criticize my work. After working on these for hours, my creativity could get dull and I'd love some fresh pair of eyes to let me know what works and what don't. 

Wow it looks so good! I love it already! My only suggestion is an alternate thong version of it (i love men’s thongs) hahaha. Thank you for updating us with your progress, it makes me so excited! 😊

Author
Author of the topic Posted

Ooh those are nice indeed. I’m saving sheer type of textures for magic-based class since I think it fits them. Other classes may fit more with harness and straps. I’m totally considering the last photo for the skimpy version! Thank you!

Today’s update: 

I’ve received feedback on cutting his vest to show more skin. 

spacer.png spacer.png

Don’t know where else to go from this. I might add few pouches on the belt. The right arm is kinda empty. I’m hesitant to add more pauldrons though. 

Wow it looks more sexy now (the vest version is cute too, i will take them both hahaha). Yes i think it will be more effective too add small accessories (coin pouches, small bags, daggers, etc) rather than another pauldrons. 😉

Not expecting any of this ever lol, but should the mood strike

Cronos look from ofc that game, a revealing Cloud Strife. IDK how realistic skin-wise but always wanted a good Black Mage outfit from FF, since neat not sexual. And a niche game called Suikoden there are a lot of really neat looks there Id love to see. Riou, Clive, and Flik come to mind

I used to spend way more time making nerdy stuff than m4m and its pretty much 50 50 now. Tellah mash up I did long time ago, not bad IMO but stuff like the hair is tricky. Why I love modding this game so much tho so many possibilities

MeteoWish.thumb.png.7efd02de3b3b0b92abd8335a46bc2f45.png

Author

Cronos what do you mean Cronos? 

Oh I intend to make these armor sexualized. My goal is to bring more sexy male armors since there are at least hundreds for female over on nexus. 

I know Suikoden, I’m just not feeling their aesthetics matches with Tamriel since most of them looks Oriental-inspired.

My inspiration is actually the female armors in general; the bikini/boobplate aesthetics. I look at several concept arts of female character design that dons skimpy and sexy outfits and try to translate that into male outfits (hence why my works lean towards the feminine side).

Also good work with tellah there xD you totally nailed his look

Author
3 hours ago, kreiste said:

Cronos what do you mean Cronos? 

Oh I intend to make these armor sexualized. My goal is to bring more sexy male armors since there are at least hundreds for female over on nexus. 

I know Suikoden, I’m just not feeling their aesthetics matches with Tamriel since most of them looks Oriental-inspired.

My inspiration is actually the female armors in general; the bikini/boobplate aesthetics. I look at several concept arts of female character design that dons skimpy and sexy outfits and try to translate that into male outfits (hence why my works lean towards the feminine side).

Also good work with tellah there xD you totally nailed his look

Follow this. Kinnison from suikoden 2. Lol

574605198_images(54).jpeg.a2a27c34b3e6f483b6fe7d55c9c87a0d.jpeg

46 minutes ago, kreiste said:

Working on Healer class. Any tips on improving this set? 

unknown.png

Wow! It looks sexy and stylish! Love it! Maybe some necklace or choker? Just curious, do you have any plan for samurai or ninja class? Im dying to have an armor like this but with revealing crotch and butt area (so we can see the fundoshi a.k.a thong) hahaha. 😆71153791-A5D9-4CDE-B838-507819C2B779.jpeg.114969ce67ccbd700147869c9c1d11cd.jpegA90FF22E-E4CC-4C2C-8ACD-8329695909AC.jpeg.e40147413db4443d2e12241dc6f38045.jpegB60EBC70-3F31-4469-BEF4-234EFD65FDBB.jpeg.65266d4e360f56a1579dd506f949a8ad.jpeg

Author

Nope, since there's no Samurai/Ninja classes in Oblivion; and this project is based on Oblivion classes. 

However, my Acrobat class design will have pants with side-slits like that 😛 

5 minutes ago, kreiste said:

Nope, since there's no Samurai/Ninja classes in Oblivion; and this project is based on Oblivion classes. 

However, my Acrobat class design will have pants with side-slits like that 😛 

Owww i didn’t play oblivion, i thought there were some asian inspired class there. But wow! Im looking forward to see the acrobat class then. Thanks for the reply kreis! 😁

Acrobat sounds awesome, and I mean also from a mechanics POV. Somersaults, choreograph-like attacks and movement. Crono BTW = From Chrono Trigger. Basically Cloud with Crimson hair and a slightly different outfit

Author

in Oblivion, you get to choose what class (or make your own customized classes) during character creation. Here are the list of them. Those are basically my to-do list, hehe. 

Also, this is my WIP for the acrobat class with the similar pants I mentioned.

image.png.495d64c89c895b66b356206e67f51ad0.png

12 minutes ago, kreiste said:

in Oblivion, you get to choose what class (or make your own customized classes) during character creation. Here are the list of them. Those are basically my to-do list, hehe. 

Also, this is my WIP for the acrobat class with the similar pants I mentioned.

image.png.495d64c89c895b66b356206e67f51ad0.png

Woaaa there are so many classes there (like Final Fantasy Tactics and Tactics Ogre)! About the pants, omggg i love ittt! Can’t wait to see the final result. I can’t thank you enough for your dedication and hardwork for this project Kreis and of course your replacer project too. 😍😍😍

Author

Yeah there are many classes in Oblivion and I plan to make armors fitting all of them xD

Oh I'm working on the replacer project too. Actually, my priorities are the replacer since those are vanilla; I really want to beautify my NPC with the replacer first before doing the classes armor. The classes armor is actually my side project when I get too frustrated with the replacer armors 😂

Here are Ebony and Dwarven armors.

unknown.png unknown.png

17 minutes ago, kreiste said:

Yeah there are many classes in Oblivion and I plan to make armors fitting all of them xD

Oh I'm working on the replacer project too. Actually, my priorities are the replacer since those are vanilla; I really want to beautify my NPC with the replacer first before doing the classes armor. The classes armor is actually my side project when I get too frustrated with the replacer armors 😂

Here are Ebony and Dwarven armors.

unknown.png unknown.png

Ooohhh both of them looks so good! Yea i love to beautify vanilla NPC’s too and creating my own original NPC followers. Now i need to beautify and create more of them in preparation for your future armors hahaha. Once again thank you so much Kreis! I’m cheering for you! 😁

On 4/2/2020 at 12:37 PM, kreiste said:

Working on Healer class. Any tips on improving this set? 

unknown.png

I'd cut open the parts coverig the arms on the outside and have some skin showing in creative way on the legs, maybe just have a few patches of clothing w/ the ain coverage of the body coming from the armor