Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Sign in to follow this  
y_sengaku

Download — (Very) Crude Hot Fixes of Vanilla Cloth Refits for Citizens and Mages (LE/ SE)

(Very) Crude Hot Fixes of Vanilla Cloth Refits for Citizens and Mages (LE/ SE)

Release Note for v 2.1a+ :

Now this package does no longer requires the default vanilla Skyrim refit (in SAM's Download file section) for some torso refits. Together with rhavik's SAM - Vanilla Armor Refit  (LE/ SE), my three refit packages (with the optional Briarheart conversion) should now cover the entire vanilla armor/ clothes refit, and should be compatible also with the latest Racemenu SE as well as SKSE64 without any manual conversion.

[Note for v 2.1a's optional package]:

Thanks for the bug report from @Alarik, i've learned that the talented Briarheart SAM conversion by @Jamesalexian unfortunately works only with USLEEP that fundamentally alters the handling of the Briarheart naked skin, only in Skyrim LE as well. He also helped me with the repeated experiments of the tweaked meshes especially in Skyrim SE.

What I did to the original conversion is only three minor tweaks:

• cleans the additinal extra skeleton nodes up, making the meshes compatible with SAM default skeleton as well.
  • builds the briarheart meshes for non-USLEEP (USSEP) users
  • converts LE meshes to SE (and arranged directory structure in accordance with USSEP).

So, please choose the correct one for your Skyrim (LE/ SE, with USLEEP (USSEP) or without USLEEP (USSEP)) among four download options, and if you like it, please take a visit at @Jamesalexian's original download page and endorse it!

+++

Some clippings in the backside especially while crouching, but No neck seam anymore. 

The hugh drawbacks of SAM for mine has been the lack of the full compatible vanilla CLOTHES (not armors) for long, even with the default vanilla outfit refits in SAM's download section. Once we go into the settlement and talk with some (male) vendors, we cannot but notice the neck seam of the blacksmith as well as magically slim cloth hiding the pot belly of the middle age trader soon. College professors (at least in my poor laptop) tend to accompany some floating bodies with their robes. I cannot put up with them anymore.

This package is meant as a temporal hotfix for this matter until anyone more skillful will work with this problem: I cannot claim the quality of the meshes even as mediocore (just a quick and dirty conforming work by Outfitstudio), but at least they are compatible with SAM's Samson and Samson sliders (from ca. -20 to +80) and no noticeable visual glitch like the neck seam, I hope.

Although I only play Skyrim in LE, I also prepared the SE package by SSE NIF optimizer (not tested in the game by myself). If you find any problem for this package, please also notice to me.

How to use:

• Overwrite the default vanilla outfits with the meshes from this package.
  • v 1.1.0+: Updated as well as the earlier meshes are all included in the latest package. Overwrite the default mesh with them, too. (You don't have to download all the versions I've uploaded. Only the latest one will suffice).

What is currently NOT covered (v 2.2):

• Sheogorath (not obtainable in the vanilla game)
  • Nocturnal; Psijic (not obtainable in the vanilla game/ boots is not weight slider-supported, if I remember correctly)

Except for these few exceptions, now all the vanilla [Clothing] equipments can be compatible with SAM (complements each other with rhavik's Vanilla Armors).

To be Done:

• To deal with the imminent bugs (and bad clipping) within this package.
  • To restore InvMarker in the worked meshes, though I don't know their significance for the mesh (only something with inventory model)/

Credits (in addition to Vector and Bethesda):

• USLEEP team: for updated meshes for some clothes like Magejourneyman and Barkeepers
  • jorrob96 for his tutorial for refitting:
  • Forum on the importance of set 'CT_Mutable' flag:
  • /u/Hump_my_face at /r/skyrimmods/: for checking and fixing the problematic wristguard mesh to be handled with OS.
  • @Jamesalexian for the original SAM converted mesh of Briarheart naked skin.
  • @Alarik for the bug reports of the Briarheart skin as well as tester of updated Briarheart skin both in LE and in SE.

Permissions:

Do what do you would like to (preferably with credit).

Author of the topic Posted (edited)

Due to the new (a kind of TBBP) CBPC - CBP Physics with Collisions for SSE and VR for SE v 1.5.53 (and corresponding SKSE64/ latest Racemenu SE 0.2.7), I'm planning to extend my refit with the latest compatible .tri also to the torso/ cuirass meshes of the clothes that had been originally covered by the default vanilla refit, though CBPC seems not to be so sensitive to the morph changes rather than the direct skeleton scale changes (and it currently lacks the support for the scrotum node for collision/ jiggling).

While I have little time for modding in coming November and December, I hope I can finish the conversion for the additional meshes respectively of vanilla Skyrim as well as DLC DB by Christmas. Problem is, however, is the armor/ clothes from DLC DG (though not so many)........

[Added]: Link to the experimental files for SKSE 64 2.0.7/ SSE 1.5.13 (for Racemenu SE 0.2.3, the latest one that are compatible with older .tri files):

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/111105-cbpc-cbp-physics-with-collisions-for-sse-and-vr/?do=findComment&comment=2429983

Edited by y_sengaku
Added link to the older SKSE64/ SSE versions

Thanks for this. Saved me a lot of time trying to convert meshes and tri files for my own use :) 

Just a heads up for some potential problems for those playing on SE using SAM Light. If you're using Weapons, armors, clothing and clutter fixes, it can potentially crash your game (quite consistently too). Took me a while to identify the cause with my load order, and I believe this is what's happening: 

Basically, WACCF gives skeletons the ability to put on robes, as in the robe models are displayed on skeleton NPCs. As soon as a skeleton dies, the bones are scattered everywhere stretching the robe model all over the place, which is what I think can crash some games (it definitely crashes mine). I guess very few people actually use custom male robe meshes except here, so I think this may be relevant to some people. It even stretches the vanilla meshes, but I guess the vanilla meshes handled the stretching better? :( 

Way I fixed this for myself: 

- Don't install the custom robe meshes. My game didn't crash, but I get to "enjoy" all the robe stretching. Easy but messy :( 

- Went into xEdit and removed all skeleton-related races from robe ArmorAA forms. Takes longer to do, but now I can use custom robes, and have nice, clean, naked skeletons! :) 

Author of the topic Posted
13 hours ago, LittleOrca said:

Thanks for this. Saved me a lot of time trying to convert meshes and tri files for my own use :) 

Just a heads up for some potential problems for those playing on SE using SAM Light. If you're using Weapons, armors, clothing and clutter fixes, it can potentially crash your game (quite consistently too). Took me a while to identify the cause with my load order, and I believe this is what's happening: 

Basically, WACCF gives skeletons the ability to put on robes, as in the robe models are displayed on skeleton NPCs. As soon as a skeleton dies, the bones are scattered everywhere stretching the robe model all over the place, which is what I think can crash some games (it definitely crashes mine). I guess very few people actually use custom male robe meshes except here, so I think this may be relevant to some people. It even stretches the vanilla meshes, but I guess the vanilla meshes handled the stretching better? :( 

Way I fixed this for myself: 

- Don't install the custom robe meshes. My game didn't crash, but I get to "enjoy" all the robe stretching. Easy but messy :( 

- Went into xEdit and removed all skeleton-related races from robe ArmorAA forms. Takes longer to do, but now I can use custom robes, and have nice, clean, naked skeletons! :) 

Thank you very much for your detailed incompatibility report as well as the proposal for possible solutions.

I haven't noticed such incompatibility between WAF/ CCF (LE version of WACCF) and SAM refit, though both WAF and CCF have been occupied in my LE load order for long.

I also wish to look into this issue whether it is also applicable to LE.

Do you know any mod that actually gives skeletons the modified AA outfit?

9 hours ago, y_sengaku said:

Thank you very much for your detailed incompatibility report as well as the proposal for possible solutions.

I haven't noticed such incompatibility between WAF/ CCF (LE version of WACCF) and SAM refit, though both WAF and CCF have been occupied in my LE load order for long.

I also wish to look into this issue whether it is also applicable to LE.

Do you know any mod that actually gives skeletons the modified AA outfit?

Just checked... Even LE does this... I just installed CCF with SAM meshes active (the LE ones, SAM full version) and the skeletons wearing robes will be there. I found a quick place to check: near Witchmist grove, there is a nordic altar with some dead draugr around. In front of the altar is a dead mage (dead for some time since he's a skeleton now :) ). He'll be wearing black robes if you have CCF installed. And oh... look at that marvelous stretchy material!!! Companies can make a profit if they can invent and market such a stretchy material :) 

Doesn't crash the game in LE... so maybe the engine is more friendly to such issues back then... shrug... As for any other mods that add skeleton race to armorAA... sorry don't know of any else :(