Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skeldal

Boxer texture replacer

Hello everyone. My "mission" now is find a boxer's texture to replace default underwear in SAM. I searched a while but all I found was only mods with some underwear to craft, and don't to replace. Is there anyway to replace default SAM's underwear like this?

mens-seamfree-microfiber-boxer-briefs-c-

It's a example for what I want. And an aditional question and probably for the solution too, is there anyway to "convert" a underwear texture from a crafted underwear from a mod to replace de default underwear? I think it can be a good way too to do it.

Author of the topic Posted

I using that mod I said, but I have a problem now. Is there anyway to change the SAM's default underwear to a boxer, with a texture from this mod? I changed some textures and the underwear of the character already got the texture from boxer (very bad and out of proportion, but it's ok for now) but it's not a boxer yet, it's the same shape from default. Anyway to solve this?

I think you would have to change the underwear nif file and the texture file and on the body it's self.  It essentially would require someone to either recreate the body or find someway to overlay the boxer over the underwear. I don't know how what tool could do this other than maybe 3dsmax or blender.

Author

Bodyslide / Outfit Studio makes this process much easier than how I would have originally done it.  Be sure to also have Nifskope.

1. Open Outfit Studio, then File -> Load Outfit, select malebody_0.nif from SAM.  Click Ok.
  2. File -> Load Outfit, select Underwear_0.nif from the boxer mod.  Tick Keep other shapes and click Ok.
  3. Delete SAMUnderwear and SAMPlaceholder meshes using right click in top right box.
  4. Rename Trousers mesh to SAMUnderwear.
  5. File -> Export -> To NIF and save as malebody_0.nif.
  6. File -> Unload Project to clear the workspace.
  7. Repeat steps 1 and 2 for malebody_1.nif and Underwear_1.nif.
  8. Slider -> Import Tri Morphs, select malebody.tri from SAM.  Click Yes, then Ok.
  9. Slider -> Import Tri Morphs, select underwear.tri from boxer mod.  Click Yes, then Ok.
  10. Repeat steps 3 and 4.
  11. Slider -> Export Tri Morphs, save as malebody.tri.
  12. File -> Export -> To NIF and save as malebody_1.nif.
  13. Open Nifskope and open your new malebody_0.nif.  Use the screenshot below as a guide.
  14. Expand the SAMUnderwear node and click on BSDismemberSkinInstance.
  15. In the Block Details box below, expand the Parititions section until you see Body Part.
  16. Double click it and change SBP_52 to SBP_32.  Slot 52 is used for underwear accessory and genital while slot 32 is used for main body.
  17. Optional:  delete the NiStringExtraData node for underwear.tri that's circled in green in the screenshot.  The correct one is already located under SAMBody.
  18. File -> Save.
  19. Repeat steps 13-18 for malebody_1.nif.
  20. If you haven't done so already, copy your new malebody_0.nif, malebody_1.nif, and malebody.tri files to the Data\Meshes\Actors\Character\Character Assets folder.

It should now work in-game.  Don't forget to have the textures installed as well.

os0.thumb.jpg.abe3cee083f66d75d059cf625826ecff.jpg

On 21/12/2017 at 10:15 PM, KouLeifoh said:

Bodyslide / Outfit Studio torna este processo muito mais fácil do que eu teria feito originalmente. Certifique-se também de ter Nifskope .

1. Open Outfit Studio , depois File -> Load Outfit , selecione malebody_0.nif do SAM. Clique em OK .
  2. Arquivo -> Load Outfit , selecione Underwear_0.nif do mod do boxer. Marque Manter outras formas e clique em OK .
  3. Excluir SAMUnderwear e SAMPlaceholder malhas utilizando o botão direito na parte superior da caixa direita.
  4. Renomeie calças de calças para SAMUnderwear .
  5. Arquivo -> Exportar -> Para NIF e salvar como malebody_0.nif .
  6. Arquivo -> Descarregar projeto para limpar o espaço de trabalho.
  7. Repita as etapas 1 e 2 para malebody_1.nif e Underwear_1.nif .
  8. Slider -> Import Tri Morphs , selecione malebody.tri de SAM. Clique em Sim , depois em Ok .
  9. Slider -> Import Tri Morphs , selecione underwear.tri do boxer mod. Clique em Sim , depois em Ok .
  10. Repita as etapas 3 e 4.
  11. Slider -> Exportar Tri Morphs , salve como malebody.tri .
  12. Arquivo -> Exportar -> Para NIF e salvar como malebody_1.nif .
  13. Abra Nifskope e abra seu novo malebody_0.nif . Use a captura de tela abaixo como um guia.
  14. Expanda o SAMUnderwear e clique em BSDismemberSkinInstance .
  15. Na caixa Detalhes do bloco abaixo, expanda a seção Paritições até ver Parte do corpo .
  16. Clique duas vezes e altere SBP_52 para SBP_32 . O slot 52 é usado para acessórios de roupas íntimas e genitais, enquanto o slot 32 é usado para o corpo principal.
  17. Opcional:   exclua o NiStringExtraData para underwear.tri que está circundado em verde na captura de tela. O correto já está localizado sob SAMBody .
  18. Arquivo -> Salvar .
  19. Repita as etapas 13-18 para malebody_1.nif .
  20. Se você ainda não o fez, copie seus novos arquivos malebody_0.nif , malebody_1.nif e malebody.tri para a pasta Data \ Meshes \ Actors \ Character \ Character Assets .

Agora deveria trabalhar no jogo. Não se esqueça de ter as texturas instaladas também.

os0.thumb.jpg.abe3cee083f66d75d059cf625826ecff.jpg

Thanks for the answer, but I don't know if it's my fault, when I installed and run BodySlide from NMM it get a error when I try load NIF in there, telling "fatal exception, the program will be closed". I downloaded the mod from your link and it's not worked, so I download from Nexus Mod too but got the same error. I don't know what do now, I only know that's the error and a OpenGL error showed when I start studio too, but I think is not it. Any tips?

Author

You don't need to install BodySlide with a mod manager.  It's a separate program altogether.  Installing it through a mod manager is just to keep it organized.

The OpenGL error is covered in the FAQ section of the BodySlide description page:

Q11: Why do I get an error saying "OpenGL context is not OK" for Outfit Studio or the preview window?
A: This means the driver of the graphics chip used doesn't support the version of OpenGL that's required. Make sure to update all of your graphics drivers (manually). In case there are multiple graphics chips built into your PC, set BodySlide to run with the dedicated one only.

Aside from that, the only issue I can see when trying to load a NIF is the program not finding the right bones in the current skeleton.  By default, BodySlide will try to use the vanilla female skeleton.  You need to go into the Settings option and change the Reference Skeleton to the one found at Data\Meshes\Actors\Character\Character Assets\skeleton.nif.  Since the boxer mod has weights for butt bounce, you will need the male skeleton from either my HDT body mod or XPMSE.

2 hours ago, KouLeifoh said:

You don't need to install BodySlide with a mod manager.  It's a separate program altogether.  Installing it through a mod manager is just to keep it organized.

The OpenGL error is covered in the FAQ section of the BodySlide description page:

Aside from that, the only issue I can see when trying to load a NIF is the program not finding the right bones in the current skeleton.  By default, BodySlide will try to use the vanilla female skeleton.  You need to go into the Settings option and change the Reference Skeleton to the one found at Data\Meshes\Actors\Character\Character Assets\skeleton.nif.  Since the boxer mod has weights for butt bounce, you will need the male skeleton from either my HDT body mod or XPMSE.

I changed the skeleton.nif in settings but without results :( It's keeping crashing when I try load an outfit.

On 12/21/2017 at 7:15 PM, KouLeifoh said:

Bodyslide / Outfit Studio makes this process much easier than how I would have originally done it.  Be sure to also have Nifskope.

It should now work in-game.  Don't forget to have the textures installed as well.

Are there instructions somewhere for setting up bodyslide in a way that works with SAM?  I tried a while back and couldnt sort it out, there are no available SAM stuffs for bodyslide right?

Author
On 1/1/2018 at 3:04 PM, Skeldal said:

Anyone know more ways to do that? I'm still stucked in this :(

The biggest issue is merging the morphs in the .tri files.  Outfit Studio is the only program I'm aware of that can import and export them easily.  Before that, I had to manually extract them using a hex editor.  It got really tedious to the point where I had to write a small command line program to do it automatically for me.  Without having to deal with .tri files, Nifskope can do everything else.

On 1/1/2018 at 4:15 PM, infiniteone said:

Are there instructions somewhere for setting up bodyslide in a way that works with SAM?  I tried a while back and couldnt sort it out, there are no available SAM stuffs for bodyslide right?

I remember seeing a tutorial or at least a short instruction on how to set it up back on HoT but never really bothered with it.  For my needs, the most important thing is to make sure I select the right skeleton before working on anything.  Setting up morphs for Samson/Samuel is done old school using BodyMorph/Rebol.

ahh, yes, I did see some bits about that here in the forums too, but it was for old skyrim so I dunno if it would still work the same.  The bodyslide stuff seems to want cbbe which I dont want or need since its only for females, i guess its still early yet to see how the tools come together and what to use.

On 02/01/2018 at 10:33 PM, KouLeifoh said:

The biggest issue is merging the morphs in the .tri files.  Outfit Studio is the only program I'm aware of that can import and export them easily.  Before that, I had to manually extract them using a hex editor.  It got really tedious to the point where I had to write a small command line program to do it automatically for me.  Without having to deal with .tri files, Nifskope can do everything else.

I remember seeing a tutorial or at least a short instruction on how to set it up back on HoT but never really bothered with it.  For my needs, the most important thing is to make sure I select the right skeleton before working on anything.  Setting up morphs for Samson/Samuel is done old school using BodyMorph/Rebol.

Sad... I'm still trying to do it, but it give the same error... I will search more things to do about it, but at least the "boxer item" works well, it's a minor "upgrade" for me :D

Thanks for your help.