Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

I'm just over all confused on whether or not I have anniversary edition because my game says special edition but my game patch says 1.6.640 and the script extender only works with the anniversary edition version for me. but then in game it prompts me with the "buy anniversary update" and I  don't have it actually bought an I only have the base Skyrim game so I'm super confused on what I have and or if I can revert it back to just special edition if I am on anniversary edition. also this stemmed with not being able to use sam light so if anyone has a patch or something to make sam light work please let me know.

Technically speaking, AE is SE. The Anniversary Edition that you buy is just a collection of Creation Club content, but even if you only own Special Edition the current update is still 1.6.640.
1.5.97 is the last update before AE released, so people call it SE even though 1.6.640 is also technically SE. Hope that made sense.
Also, despite what everyone keeps insisting, you are fine to be on 1.6.640, that update has been out for nearly a year and most mods have been compatible with it for months. If you really want to, yes you can rollback to 1.5.97 but I personally wouldn't bother.

SAM Light should work on AE. What exactly isn't working about it for you?

Edited by Chompy

13 hours ago, Uila said:

then in game it prompts me with the "buy anniversary update" and I  don't have it actually bought

It's just Bethesda cash grabbing tactic to buy AE, can be safely ignored.

Author of the topic Posted
1 hour ago, Chompy said:

Technically speaking, AE is SE. The Anniversary Edition that you buy is just a collection of Creation Club content, but even if you only own Special Edition the current update is still 1.6.640.
1.5.97 is the last update before AE released, so people call it SE even though 1.6.640 is also technically SE. Hope that made sense.
Also, despite what everyone keeps insisting, you are fine to be on 1.6.640, that update has been out for nearly a year and most mods have been compatible with it for months. If you really want to, yes you can rollback to 1.5.97 but I personally wouldn't bother.

Oh ok i get it now. I just gave in and downgraded my Skyrim it works fine now thanks for the help.

8 hours ago, Chompy said:

Ah just the confirmation I needed. I didn't know if SAM Light worked with 1.6.640 because all my armors are SAM light lol. I was debating on downgrading my game as I'm currently updating my modlist from 2021. (Just got back to the game, well trying to as soon as I'm done updating 1000 mods) Christ that is such a chore. And USLEEP requires 1.6.640 and I wasn't sure if I should downgrade because I think a lot of mods I have use that mod as a base and I kinda deleted my old version accidentally.

23 hours ago, Uila said:

Oh ok i get it now. I just gave in and downgraded my Skyrim it works fine now thanks for the help.

that's good to know. I stick to the SE since I don't wanna mess up my load order. It took three and a half months to finally get a stable gameplay.

Oldrim player here.

I know there is not impossible to get most mods working in SE, but after one day trying to make work my recently bought SSE I ended in a rage moment and asked refund. No remorse.

I will wait for SSE several months to be sure all I want is in the version 1.6.

Update.

I bought a cheap key for SSE and now is running. To all new Steam users the version right now is the AE 1.6.640, so SKSE and mods must be compatible with this one.

I miss some mods from Oldrim and I ported some jewels that inexplicably are not in SSE. But I do not miss the CTDs plaguing the game.

Edited by axland