Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

exmawsh

Adult Accessories for SAM converting to SAM Light

Has anyone else attempted this? Trying to now but i only got as far as convering the .nifs and the esp to SE, and now i'm not actually sure where to go. I'm sure the physics part of it needs to be fiddled with but i dont know how to do that (yet, gonna try soon)

The fact that it's not on SE is the only thing keeping me from installing SAM Light on SE tbh

Author

I attempted but I eventually gave up due to the sheer amount of the NIFs. 

IIRC the author made one NIF for each color variations instead of reusing the NIFs. I wanted to change it into using texture swap instead to reduce the amount of NIFs needed to be converted; unfortunately, other things got in the way and I just put it on the backburner. 

Author
6 hours ago, kreiste said:

IIRC the author made one NIF for each color variations instead of reusing the NIFs. I wanted to change it into using texture swap instead to reduce the amount of NIFs needed to be converted; unfortunately, other things got in the way and I just put it on the backburner. 

Sad to read becuase I was waiting aswell for someone to do it. But true, it has many NIF's for some reason.

Author of the topic Posted
17 hours ago, kreiste said:

Is there a way to go about learning to convert it, or is it a thing you just fiddle with for months until you suddenly achieve nirvana?

Author
On 3/16/2021 at 4:39 AM, kreiste said:

The main reason I did it that was because I barely had any idea what I was doing at the time lol. It was one of my first attempts at modding for Skyrim so it's very rough around the edges - and I never got around to fixing it. Not that I'm entirely sure how to go about fixing it. :(

But it does look like HarryDoppler has upload a new mod that contains the content from mine - so perhaps that one will work better than my attempt did.

Author
8 hours ago, Kraan said:

The main reason I did it that was because I barely had any idea what I was doing at the time lol. It was one of my first attempts at modding for Skyrim so it's very rough around the edges - and I never got around to fixing it. Not that I'm entirely sure how to go about fixing it. :(

But it does look like HarryDoppler has upload a new mod that contains the content from mine - so perhaps that one will work better than my attempt did.

It's not difficult actually, just tedious 😂

This is a tutorial on how to do it if you ever want to work on something similar in the future with color variations https://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/topic/3895-skyrim-texture-sets/

It makes fixing clipping during test a little less stressful coz you only have to edit 1 NIF for each color :D

9 hours ago, Kraan said:

I took a look the other day because I was going to try converting it to SSE, and you did use texture sets for Adult Accessories. You only have 6 meshes for the combo piercings, 3 for prince alberts, and like 5 nipple piercings (bar, loop, ring, thick ring and tiny ring). I ended up not saying anything because I had to go change a tire and by the time I got back HarryDoppler had posted their mod.

The mod HarryDoppler posted is using, I guess, older versions of your stuff? Because those ones are separate meshes per color.

1 hour ago, Chompy said:

I took a look the other day because I was going to try converting it to SSE, and you did use texture sets for Adult Accessories. You only have 6 meshes for the combo piercings, 3 for prince alberts, and like 5 nipple piercings (bar, loop, ring, thick ring and tiny ring). I ended up not saying anything because I had to go change a tire and by the time I got back HarryDoppler had posted their mod.

The mod HarryDoppler posted is using, I guess, older versions of your stuff? Because those ones are separate meshes per color.

i saw the post and made a quick conversion of some mods i used in LE.I got the assets from SOS - Mens Nipple Rings for Schlongs of Skyrim Body and Navel Piercings for Men since i didn't know about Adult Accessories permissions.

But aparently they turned out to be from the same person (Kraan) 🤭. I din't use texture sets for the nipple rings because the separate meshes were already set in the ESP. But i'll probably work on that after i finish the PA piercings.

Author
2 hours ago, kreiste said:

It's not difficult actually, just tedious 😂

This is a tutorial on how to do it if you ever want to work on something similar in the future with color variations https://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/topic/3895-skyrim-texture-sets/

It makes fixing clipping during test a little less stressful coz you only have to edit 1 NIF for each color :D

Thanks, I'll have to take a look later once I'm back home.

But if Harry is doing an SE version then maybe there's little point.

1 hour ago, Chompy said:

At least I wasn't as dumb as I thought when I made that then.

Though I'll be honest I didn't even remember making the SOS version before, so I've no idea if/how the meshes differ to the mod on here.

1 hour ago, HarryDoppler said:

i saw the post and made a quick conversion of some mods i used in LE.I got the assets from SOS - Mens Nipple Rings for Schlongs of Skyrim Body and Navel Piercings for Men since i didn't know about Adult Accessories permissions.

But aparently they turned out to be from the same person (Kraan) 🤭. I din't use texture sets for the nipple rings because the separate meshes were already set in the ESP. But i'll probably work on that after i finish the PA piercings.

Perhaps you and I should talk at some point, we may be able to pool resources?

6 hours ago, Kraan said:

Thanks, I'll have to take a look later once I'm back home.

But if Harry is doing an SE version then maybe there's little point.

At least I wasn't as dumb as I thought when I made that then.

Though I'll be honest I didn't even remember making the SOS version before, so I've no idea if/how the meshes differ to the mod on here.

Perhaps you and I should talk at some point, we may be able to pool resources?

Sure, Sounds good 😊. And don't worry the work you did with the mod was awesome,  it's one of the gems from LE :D