Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RedGUARD

[HELP] Porting Oldrim SAM armors to SSE SAM

hello people, as the title suggest I'm having a bit of a problem here. I got this cool armor mood that only works on Oldrim and uses SAM oldrim version, I was able to Port the esp to SSE successfully, my mod organizer didn't give me the "Plugin 43" Warning, so far so good right? I used the NIF SSE optimizer to Optimize the Meshes and Textures, But when I boot up the game and wear the armor my game just crashes!, can someone please tell me what am I Doing wrong? and how do I Fix it? I really want that armor on SSE lol

Author
3 hours ago, RedGUARD said:

hello people, as the title suggest I'm having a bit of a problem here. I got this cool armor mood that only works on Oldrim and uses SAM oldrim version, I was able to Port the esp to SSE successfully, my mod organizer didn't give me the "Plugin 43" Warning, so far so good right? I used the NIF SSE optimizer to Optimize the Meshes and Textures, But when I boot up the game and wear the armor my game just crashes!, can someone please tell me what am I Doing wrong? and how do I Fix it? I really want that armor on SSE lol

Sounds like the mesh maybe wasn't ported correctly. Try porting it again also what Outfit are we talking about?

If it uses LE physics you'll need to remove all references to it from the nifs and delete the related files, especially any SKSE ones. Now the outfit will be static, but at least it won't crash your game. If physics is necessary to make it look good there are tutorials that help with that, but  often they aren't easy to follow.

Also, to update the plugin saving it in the Creation Kit is necessary, Nif Optimizer can't do that. If there is no physics involved, you can try to port the armor with Cathedral Assets Optimizer rather than Nif Optimizer. CAO is easy enough to use and also gives you the option to pack the files into BSAs.

Author of the topic Posted
4 hours ago, Darnexx said:

Sounds like the mesh maybe wasn't ported correctly. Try porting it again also what Outfit are we talking about?

I'm not really sure if you know about it but... I heard it was once available here. its Called Inner Collection, It has the typical sexy stuff Like thong-like underwear and some Bandage-like outfit

4 hours ago, ElderVerK said:

If it uses LE physics you'll need to remove all references to it from the nifs and delete the related files, especially any SKSE ones. Now the outfit will be static, but at least it won't crash your game. If physics is necessary to make it look good there are tutorials that help with that, but  often they aren't easy to follow.

Also, to update the plugin saving it in the Creation Kit is necessary, Nif Optimizer can't do that. If there is no physics involved, you can try to port the armor with Cathedral Assets Optimizer rather than Nif Optimizer. CAO is easy enough to use and also gives you the option to pack the files into BSAs.

hello I used CAO and never helped. Can you please elaborate the deleting the references from the NIF File

Author
2 hours ago, RedGUARD said:

I'm not really sure if you know about it but... I heard it was once available here. its Called Inner Collection, It has the typical sexy stuff Like thong-like underwear and some Bandage-like outfit

Ah yes I remember this Mod, maybe it really is the Physics like ElderVek said. Sadly I am not in the knowledge of Armor Modding for Skyrim.

All I can think of is that the Mesh isn't working correctly and that leads to the Crash when trying to equip the Armor.

18 hours ago, RedGUARD said:

hello I used CAO and never helped. Can you please elaborate the deleting the references from the NIF File

Hmmm. I don't suppose you could either link to the original mod or share the files here (without the .esp if necessary due to permission issues)? This way I could take a look at them and try to see if I or someone else can detect the issue.

Author of the topic Posted
5 hours ago, ElderVerK said:

Hmmm. I don't suppose you could either link to the original mod or share the files here (without the .esp if necessary due to permission issues)? This way I could take a look at them and try to see if I or someone else can detect the issue.

sure it's the Inner Collection Mod, I heard it was once available here. I'm Trying to port it to SE SAM 

Inner Collection.rar

I don't see any physics built inside the meshes, but none of them comes in _0 and _1 pairs, which if you play at a weight different than 0 (and possibly SAM sliders too), might be the problem (despite having a .tri file). That probably wasn't needed in LE SAM due to how it worked, but SAM Light lacks some of the more dynamic functions of the oldrim SAM. I had the same problem when doing my first refits, moving the weight slider crashed my game.

You should try to use BodySlide and Outfit Studio to make all the outfits come in weighted pairs. It's a bit of work but from what I can see it's your best shot. Begin with the piece you like the most and try it in game, to see if it solves the issue so that you don't waste time doing stuff that's not immediately useful.