Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FrezeDEF

Xsoldier abandoned?

Author

I think with the amount of trash email talking shit to him he eventually gave up.

Some of them were from fellow gay guys too.

It's kinda funny since of all humans living on this planet, gay people should know the best that it's not their business if someone else is into something they're not. But still there were people yelling about making sex content in video games is bad, or 'blah blah blah these body types are not realistic, jesus it's super disgusting'.

Absolutely hysterical.

Hope everything works out for Vector! I did pretty much buy XCOM2 just because of him. 

I think a big part of it was that he was making incredible art but needed to make it work. He gets a ton of downloads and views, but it looks like this isn't translating into support. I think I'm gonna go over to Patreon this week, though I should have done it a while ago. I love his mods, he's just extremely talented and just keeps getting better, at modeling, animations, making textures, scripting, everything.

On 9/11/2018 at 8:55 AM, Kirax said:

I think with the amount of trash email talking shit to him he eventually gave up.

Some of them were from fellow gay guys too.

It's kinda funny since of all humans living on this planet, gay people should know the best that it's not their business if someone else is into something they're not. But still there were people yelling about making sex content in video games is bad, or 'blah blah blah these body types are not realistic, jesus it's super disgusting'.

Absolutely hysterical.

Yeah, can't fault the man for giving up on what was essentially a hobby. He did some incredible work and I really appreciate the mods that he made but no one should get what he did considering it was all done on his free time. I would have done the same if I were in his position too. There's a real problem with entitlement and hostility in online communities.  

I think, to add insult to injury, there was some issue with other modders stealing his work and not crediting him. So when you have fans yelling at you and fellow modders stealing your code, it kind of takes any shine off putting in all that blood, sweat and time. He's talented though. I hope he hasn't abandoned programming altogether because that would be a real shame. 

I hope he will back eventually...

On 9/21/2018 at 12:30 PM, Kedorlao said:

Yeah, can't fault the man for giving up on what was essentially a hobby. He did some incredible work and I really appreciate the mods that he made but no one should get what he did considering it was all done on his free time. I would have done the same if I were in his position too. There's a real problem with entitlement and hostility in online communities.  

I think, to add insult to injury, there was some issue with other modders stealing his work and not crediting him. So when you have fans yelling at you and fellow modders stealing your code, it kind of takes any shine off putting in all that blood, sweat and time. He's talented though. I hope he hasn't abandoned programming altogether because that would be a real shame. 

hopefully he will back eventually, but be honest, he would get at least 10K if he does the same thing in a game company.