Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

infiniteone

Citrus High Poly Head n such

Anyone had much luck using the Citrus head?  Seems to work alright on my SSE but there is one or two eyes/mouth combo's that make the characters look demented and foul, with teeth jutting out and lips peeled back XD.  Also its not quite as high polly as it could be, at least in the front areas, which ive seen mentioned elsewhere here already.  Did anyone keep tinkering with it?  I think the resources are free to use for anyone, even for new mods, but I wonder how much better it could be.

I was able to get head meshes into Blender3d app finally tried it out, I was attempting to merge a regular facegeom and citrus head to make a custom NPC use citrus, but I got bored with the NPC and now want to just tinker with other things hehe.  I also tried to install oldrim to have a face sculpt setup but it was a nightmare, only 8 mods, and still a nightmare to install oldrim lmao.  So fuck that mess, id rather edit the nifs and mesh in Blender, and whatever else works with SSE until racemenu can do face sculpting exports in SSE.

Author

Ever since its first release, what bothered me the most about the Citrus male head was the double eye lids.  For lack of a better word, it was a bit of an eye sore.  No matter how good the rest of the face was, I just can't unsee the issue.  Ignore the puns.?

I've since switched to a high poly male head created by "Erik" which looks so much better.  Face morphs are a bit lacking since it's all vanilla, but I can always export the head mesh for fine tuning.  The only real issue is the nose morphs not being fully symmetrical.  It's not that noticeable unless you really look for it.

Author of the topic Posted
11 minutes ago, KouLeifoh said:

Ever since its first release, what bothered me the most about the Citrus male head was the double eye lids.  For lack of a better word, it was a bit of an eye sore.  No matter how good the rest of the face was, I just can't unsee the issue.  Ignore the puns.?

I've since switched to a high poly male head created by "Erik" which looks so much better.  Face morphs are a bit lacking since it's all vanilla, but I can always export the head mesh for fine tuning.  The only real issue is the nose morphs not being fully symmetrical.  It's not that noticeable unless you really look for it.

Ahh thats interesting, ive not heard about that high poly male head yet, ill look it up.  You''re right about the Citrus head having issues, but it was fun to test it out.  Even the default skyrim head is not too bad really, with good textures, but more poly is nice, im spoiled by the Catwa heads in Second life, they're awesome, hundreds of bones and really detailed mesh, but they have to be since textures can be only a max of 1024x1024 in their network, still they're able to achieve great results compared to the early days before mesh and bento and such.

So you export the mesh to 3d app as well?  Seems to me the best way, but I was unsure of the whole process and whether it would work in game afterwards, I was pleasantly surprised, blender is my favorite app, though im still a novice lol its so much fun to create I cant resist it.  I am almost feeling more confidant in tweaking the khajiit head to take out the human ears and flatten the nose a bit, but I suppose ill have to create morphs and tris and all sorts of shit I know little to nothing about, so it will take me a long time, especially considering how many crazy complex hobbies and interests I have XD 

Author of the topic Posted

This is the high poly mesh on one of my characters in SL, signature body, catwa head, & Aeros meat n potatoes.  I cant even imagine how many tri's all are together, but I can render only wireframe for a general idea, some quick snapshots below.  The head is super impressive, Catwa is masterful at squeezing out the most the game can do, so many verts that i can make a ton of different characters with the same mesh, theres some up on my flikr page.  in the SL album https://www.flickr.com/photos/macrocosm-sl

Snapshot25_001_016.thumb.png.8db308209a2c081fa92e05ff2b4d7f8a.png

Snapshot25_001_007.thumb.png.7f376d8e93cade196636f0f295b17bfc.png

NSFW below

Spoiler

Snapshot25_001_002.thumb.png.8c9ed6dcbc732f6b9563761831eac579.pngSnapshot25_001_004.thumb.png.8ebc4219827df7167d329680cc6449a9.pngSnapshot25_001_008.thumb.png.ac1e519aff5a2fe2be02ceeea5d3fbe1.png