Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carnotaurus

SAM texture problem

I decided to clean up my Skyrim install due to some mods not working properly, and now I get a glitch when using SAM.

If I set a Sampson value of 50 or higher, I get missing body parts, (for example, the wrists and hands and the tip of the schlong in the attached screenshot). This didn't happen before, so I have no idea what is wrong now. I've tried downloading all the files again in case any of them was corrupt, but the problem continues. :(

I'm thinking it could be a texture issue, from the messages the Nexus Mod Manager gives when I try to add the textures and armor refits.

ScreenShot4.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

Which version did you go to? Because I'm having the same issue but not only with me, but with NPC's as well. Not to mention some NPCs become invisible too. I'm wondering if I have a conflicting mod, like maybe immersive armors maybe? If anyone knows the solution that would be really awesome! Otherwise, I have to go with the process of elimination and that will take forever. So I'm giving the forums a try first. I'm sorry for posting in someone else's thread I thought it would be more convenient not making another thread with almost the same issue as this one. 

This is a problem that appears every time when you use the latest version of SAM with racemenu 3.4.5.

To fix this problem install racemenu 3.1 or 3.2.

Alternatively, you can also resolve this problem by installing "
HDT Butt Breast Belly Bounce for SAM v1.1" by  KouLeifoh => http://www.ladymoiraine.com/index.php?/forums/topic/5947-hdt-butt-breast-belly-bounce-for-sam-v11/

Vector you can be studying changes on this meshes, you might make your mod compatible with Racemenu 3.4.5.

Admin

Tried several things nothing worked, I don't believe its that @Etan, specially because the problem affects all the meshes, and @KouLeifoh only changed the body NIFs, not the hands or any other mesh. But since he's around here, if its something I missed or overlooked, he can always chim in to say whats different, if thats actually the case.

I compared both NIFs, and the only relevant things I found was related to the MUTABLE/STATIC and the tags on each partition. Tried modifying them manually, tried to copy over his NIFs (which only aggravated the issues, by creating a strange shadow to be cast on the mesh), and tried installing RaceMenu, nothing worked.

I'm more inclined to believe, if anything, that this is more related to video card drivers, and that newer versions of NiOverride, are handling how objects are rendered differently. This looks like a shader issue.

Strange ... I use this body with the HDT plugin and I have never them problem ... Or as you said, the problem appears with some graphics cards.

Edit : Did you attempt to install memory boost (with ENB) for skyrim? maybe it shader problem is a lack of memory ...

Admin

@Etan

I'm not using any ENB at all. Since I really dont play the game, I'm not going to bother with that, my hope is that when (and if) the time comes for SAM to work on SSE, I'll just play it there (if I find the time)

Author

The issue is with NiOveride.  Each RaceMenu version is tied to a specific NiOveride version (the same numbering from what I remember).  Versions 3.1 and above changed the format of the moprh files (.tri) and tend to have rendering issues in general.  All I did was add support for the morph format change to my old mods.

Admin

@KouLeifoh

Ok, just to be clear then, there is no "fix" for 3.4.x that you know of... right? Because that first screen is waht happened to me aswell when using 3.4.x. 3.3.0, works fine, just lacks some features

Author
1 hour ago, Vector said:

@KouLeifoh

Ok, just to be clear then, there is no "fix" for 3.4.x that you know of... right? Because that first screen is waht happened to me aswell when using 3.4.x. 3.3.0, works fine, just lacks some features

To be honest, I stopped using SAM scripts after 3.1+ due to stability issues with my own setup and just used the meshes as they were.  I went back and enabled the scripts to test the problem and the morphs work just fine.  This was tested with RaceMenu/NiOveride 3.4.5 using the original SAM body meshes.  After digging around a bit, I was able to reproduce the problem that @Carnotaurus has when I removed the HDT-PE plugin.  Either that plugin fixes the issues or Expired developed the later versions of NiOveride with that plugin still active somehow (or a happy accident).

The temporary "fix" would be to use the HDT-PE plugin even if you don't have any meshes to take advantage of it.

Author

I always used SAM with latest racemenu and latest XPMSE and never had these issues in a 100+ hours game save. 

I use SAM recoded + SAM HDT physics (global).

Admin
7 minutes ago, KouLeifoh said:

To be honest, I stopped using SAM scripts after 3.1+ due to stability issues with my own setup and just used the meshes as they were.  I went back and enabled the scripts to test the problem and the morphs work just fine.  This was tested with RaceMenu/NiOveride 3.4.5 using the original SAM body meshes.  After digging around a bit, I was able to reproduce the problem that @Carnotaurus has when I removed the HDT-PE plugin.  Either that plugin fixes the issues or Expired developed the later versions of NiOveride with that plugin still active somehow (or a happy accident).

The temporary "fix" would be to use the HDT-PE plugin even if you don't have any meshes to take advantage of it.

Yeah now that you talk about it, thats it, Expired did mentioned that he was working on making RaceMenu to be compatible with that, and I dont have those shenanigans installed

Admin
13 minutes ago, Wolfindarkness said:

Thanks for the help earlier guys! my wrists and stuff are back. However, my crotch still has a hole in it. Should I assume the Lykaios race isn't fully compatible with the mod? correct me if I'm wrong.

No idea, check with @jdronk, I think he's the mod's author

Author
2 hours ago, samsaleh88 said:

I have an issue not sure if it's the same, for some reason when the armor is equipped the body looks weird and as you can see the floating hands.image.thumb.png.0e0382dc3bd3284779beaaf2c612e0fe.png

you need armor refitted for SAM