Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jorrob96

How I Refit Armors

1 hour ago, air said:

it's pretty much the same

unless you are refitting something where the hands or feet would be showing (for example: sandals or fingerless gloves) then you'll have to include the SAMhands or SAMfeet meshes with it. I don't think the reference tri. you've been using includes data for hands and feet so you would have to do _0 and _1 separately using a tri file whicih has data for them

would you happen to have .tri files for hands and feet?specifically the high poly version

Author
4 hours ago, EsperAngel said:

would you happen to have .tri files for hands and feet?specifically the high poly version

The SAM High Poly download comes with all the necessary meshes and tri files.

On 4/7/2019 at 6:53 PM, air said:

can you post a picture of your issue? I can't really tell what that means 

Hey so it's been 3 months and I'm back after a massive computer crash (ps never trust file history)

ok so I started working on the armor again, followed the directions to the T (or so I thought) and am getting this (see attached). Only think I can think of is that when I was masking and increasing mesh, once I got to step 7, I could still see the SAM leg flesh popping through even after deleted the vertices. 

SAM Refit1.jpg

Author
2 hours ago, TheDarkPhoenix said:

Hey so it's been 3 months and I'm back after a massive computer crash (ps never trust file history)

ok so I started working on the armor again, followed the directions to the T (or so I thought) and am getting this (see attached). Only think I can think of is that when I was masking and increasing mesh, once I got to step 7, I could still see the SAM leg flesh popping through even after deleted the vertices. 

can you send me these files you worked on in a PM? I will try to look at it and see what went wrong.

Um...so I was trying to make a mashup and this happened:

I didn't delete any tris so I don't think that is something related to poligon mismatch... I tried following your tutorial all the time but still i have this...thing

Using SAM Lite and vanilla steel armour...368223191_enb2019_07_0918_47_54_09.thumb.jpg.8e98a38f02dfe16b5afa40fc94daeb5b.jpg

I run into that if I forget to map the right parent node. May or may not be your issue but you usually want to make sure the parent is the root node aka 0 unless its facegen which needs to the BSFadeNode

3 minutes ago, neutraldude said:

Most likely dismemberment data is messed up if its not the parent node thing. Not something I really know a lot about ?

Dismemberment data? I didn't even know that existed ?

Well, I could PM you the file with the nifs and tris for you to take a look, I'm kinda noob at this thing... And I really want to refit some armours ;-;

I see, no problem ^^

I found other technique and I'm going to try it out, it seems more cumbersome but if the thing works, it will be worth it. Then, I can try skimpyfying other armor other armours ?

I'm trying to refit a pair of gauntlets that have a wrist showing, but they're refusing to respond to any Samson or Samuel morphs. Not even a big vertex explosion mess. I'm not sure what's going on, I've used this method to refit a lot of torso armors without a problem, but these gauntlets are giving me a lot of trouble.

I replaced the hand in the armor model with the SAM hands, and used another copy of SAM hands as the reference to morph it, and saved that data as the glovesm.tri file. I also made sure the NiStringExtraData in all the parts points to the glovesm.tri file. I deleted the extra sets of hands and exported the _0 and _1 gloves .nifs. 

When I drop either of the _0 or _1 nifs into Outfit Studio and import the glovesm.tri morph, both of them behave as they should when I move the Samson and Samuel sliders around, but in-game they aren't responding to SAM settings or vanilla weight settings either. 

Is there something I'm missing that I should check out here?

Author
20 hours ago, Vortiscroc said:

I'm trying to refit a pair of gauntlets that have a wrist showing, but they're refusing to respond to any Samson or Samuel morphs. Not even a big vertex explosion mess. I'm not sure what's going on, I've used this method to refit a lot of torso armors without a problem, but these gauntlets are giving me a lot of trouble.

I replaced the hand in the armor model with the SAM hands, and used another copy of SAM hands as the reference to morph it, and saved that data as the glovesm.tri file. I also made sure the NiStringExtraData in all the parts points to the glovesm.tri file. I deleted the extra sets of hands and exported the _0 and _1 gloves .nifs. 

When I drop either of the _0 or _1 nifs into Outfit Studio and import the glovesm.tri morph, both of them behave as they should when I move the Samson and Samuel sliders around, but in-game they aren't responding to SAM settings or vanilla weight settings either. 

Is there something I'm missing that I should check out here?

upload one of the glove meshes and the tri file and I will take a look

1 hour ago, air said:

upload one of the glove meshes and the tri file and I will take a look

I accidentally deleted the ones I was working on while copying the originals over to check something :(

The ones from the original upload have different file sizes, I wasn't sure which one to include so I got both here.

I'm trying to get just the gloves from this armor to work: 

It looks like it functions normally when the vanilla weight slider is at either exactly 0 or 100 (although without the beast race claw model)

Thanks!

glovesm.tri

glovesm_0.nif

glovesm_1.nif

Author
On 7/17/2019 at 8:16 PM, Vortiscroc said:

I accidentally deleted the ones I was working on while copying the originals over to check something :(

The ones from the original upload have different file sizes, I wasn't sure which one to include so I got both here.

I'm trying to get just the gloves from this armor to work: 

It looks like it functions normally when the vanilla weight slider is at either exactly 0 or 100 (although without the beast race claw model)

Thanks!

glovesm.tri

glovesm_0.nif

glovesm_1.nif

i can't really tell what you've done wrong by looking at the original ?

but anyway i'm a little confused - these are already refitted for SAM and it seems to work fine... what is it you're trying to do?

On 7/19/2019 at 11:44 PM, air said:

i can't really tell what you've done wrong by looking at the original ?

but anyway i'm a little confused - these are already refitted for SAM and it seems to work fine... what is it you're trying to do?

Oh, I tried reinstalling it from the mod and it looks like it works alright with Samson scaling if you're wearing the torso armor in addition to the gauntlets, but wearing the gauntlets by themselves gives me a wrist gap unless I'm at 0 or 100 weight. Unless I installed things wrong, which is very possible, heh.