Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skeldal

Bugs with SAM

Hello, guys. I have some problems with SAM. I have a savefile when I load it, it works perfectly, all my mods 100%. But if I go out or load any other location, the male NPCs start showing a schlong through the clothes, with the schlongs option enabled or not, and I can't edit any actors from SAM > actors menu, only my character. I have some mods so I think it's a incompatibility or something like that, but I already reinstalled the mods one for one and nothing helped. When I start a new game, with the Live Another Life, when I load another location, same problem...

I don't know what to do more. And it's strange to have some savefiles who didn't get this error until I get out from room. Anyone can help me?

I have had a problem like this. When loading an area the schlong would show through the guards briefs part of there armor. It normally went away though after things finished loading and adjusting the bodies to what I had them saved at. I am not sure what might be causing this to happen especially if it is happening with non skimpy clothes and armor and if it is staying that way even after things have loaded well. Wish I could be of more help.

@Skeldal

That problem happened to me every time I reinstall or update XPMSE, so I searched in XPMSE page and found out what I was doing wrong, you must follow the installation processes described in that page, I did the following process or at least went to a remote location, unequipped all armors and weapons deactivated SAM and created a new save, after that I used Save Cleaner and then reinstalled all mods and finally things went back to normal.

Go to a remote location with no human NPCs who are using XPMSE3 near you
- Unequip all your weapons
- (RaceMenu) Set all XPMSE related sliders in RaceMenu and MCM to default 
- (Enchance Character Edit\Vanilla) Set all style options in the MCM menu to default
- Any data that is left in your savegame is needed for reinstallation and not harmful
- Remove XPMSE3 from your mod manager

Author of the topic Posted
On 27/11/2017 at 8:51 PM, OdlanaviX said:

@Skeldal

That problem happened to me every time I reinstall or update XPMSE, so I searched in XPMSE page and found out what I was doing wrong, you must follow the installation processes described in that page, I did the following process or at least went to a remote location, unequipped all armors and weapons deactivated SAM and created a new save, after that I used Save Cleaner and then reinstalled all mods and finally things went back to normal.

Go to a remote location with no human NPCs who are using XPMSE3 near you
- Unequip all your weapons
- (RaceMenu) Set all XPMSE related sliders in RaceMenu and MCM to default 
- (Enchance Character Edit\Vanilla) Set all style options in the MCM menu to default
- Any data that is left in your savegame is needed for reinstallation and not harmful
- Remove XPMSE3 from your mod manager

I did that, but nothing has changed :( I don't know... I have a save without it happens, inside Dragonsreach, but if I go outside for Whiterun the problem happens and I still see the dicks of some men through the pants, and SAM don't let me edit any NPCs anymore, but while in Dragonsreach I can (note: I can't edit in Dragonsreach even if I go outside and go back, I can edit only if load my save and DON'T load any scenario).

I unistalled XPMSE3 but still having the problem...

10 hours ago, kevinseow said:

usually bugs from the savefile, u can tried to follow the installation still but try to start a new game 1st, after that load your old file.

I already tried this, unfortunately don't work :( What I saw here it's really a bug related to XPMSE + Racemenu, because I have a preset for my character made now and saved in racemenu. When I create a new game, and so load the preset in that character, the problem occurs again. I saw too XPMSE adding menus in racemenu I don't want, like "genitalia". I think that menu and it options is confliting with SAM, but I don't know how remove this without remove entire XPMSE, and removing XPMSE cause my characters be static because I'm using various mods and animations what requires XPMSE... And I think it's what causing the problem in the NPCs. How I said, when I removed XPMSE and my characters was static, that problem specific don't occurs.

Anyone know what the hell is happening? :( I really don't want make a new game to play right again.

Author

From what I remember, the later versions of XPMSE added a script that functions similar to SAM in that it attaches a script to the player that triggers whenever there's an equipment change (to handle weapon styles or something to that effect).  SAM behaves the same way to determine whether or not a character is naked or wearing revealing armor.  A simple solution would be to not use the .esp for XPMSE since you technically only need the skeleton for functionality.  Disabling it mid-game after having used it won't do any good since the script might've already been attached to the player and is still active.

On 06/12/2017 at 8:21 PM, KouLeifoh said:

From what I remember, the later versions of XPMSE added a script that functions similar to SAM in that it attaches a script to the player that triggers whenever there's an equipment change (to handle weapon styles or something to that effect).  SAM behaves the same way to determine whether or not a character is naked or wearing revealing armor.  A simple solution would be to not use the .esp for XPMSE since you technically only need the skeleton for functionality.  Disabling it mid-game after having used it won't do any good since the script might've already been attached to the player and is still active.

Yeah, I did that and it's seems work on a new game, I can edit the NPCs in new game and aparently the problem is gone, I need play in more locations to have sure. But have anyway for me to continue playing in my save without the problem and editing NPCs again? I don't know what to do for solve this... and I really don't want to start a new game now...

Author

If you want to try and remove all the XPMSE scripts from your current save file (and future games), you can try doing the following:

1. Disable XPMSE.esp and remove all of its scripts.

files.jpg.37b1a65e11799b8ff17eec746fc80f0f.jpg

2.  Load the save game you want to continue and then create a new save.  This should flag XPMSE scripts that no longer exist as orphan scripts.

3.  Use Save Game Script Cleaner and follow the instructions in the description.

This process works most of the time, but I don't recommend doing it that often on the same playthrough.  As a rule of thumb, you can add mods while you play, but you shouldn't remove mods that rely on scripts mid-game.

Note:  If you want to keep the RaceMenu plugins, you will have to open up XPMSE.esp in TES5Edit and remove XPMSEMCM and XPMSEWeaponQuest under Quest.

1 hour ago, KouLeifoh said:

If you want to try and remove all the XPMSE scripts from your current save file (and future games), you can try doing the following:

1. Disable XPMSE.esp and remove all of its scripts.

files.jpg.37b1a65e11799b8ff17eec746fc80f0f.jpg

2.  Load the save game you want to continue and then create a new save.  This should flag XPMSE scripts that no longer exist as orphan scripts.

3.  Use Save Game Script Cleaner and follow the instructions in the description.

This process works most of the time, but I don't recommend doing it that often on the same playthrough.  As a rule of thumb, you can add mods while you play, but you shouldn't remove mods that rely on scripts mid-game.

Note:  If you want to keep the RaceMenu plugins, you will have to open up XPMSE.esp in TES5Edit and remove XPMSEMCM and XPMSEWeaponQuest under Quest.

Thanks for your reply, that help me a little. I disabled every XPMSE related but my savegames don't opened anymore, no one of them, so I think to disable SAM for a while in the savegame where it worked before (in the one where I'm in Dragonsreach and SAM worked in the NPCs there, but when I exit and/or load another location, the problem happens) and I run the Save Cleaner in that. Aparently, the schlongs don't bugs permanently anymore, BUT I saw sometimes when I load the new location, the schlong yet appear through clothes, but it was very, very fast so it's not ever showing. Also, I can edit every NPCs again.

I don't know if it's the definitive solution, and I don't know if are my others mods did that (probably yes because I have many mods installed), but for now it's working. I will play more and if any problem happens again I tell here. And remembering, I removed XPMSE.esp too in skyrim's folder. That was really a problem with it, and how I said, it's working now but I don't know if any other problem will happen, but I hope it's OK now...

Thanks you all.

Author

Only disable the .esp and scripts of XPMSE.  You still need the XPMSE skeleton if your other mods rely on it (things like HDT mods/equipment, custom animations, etc).  The game will most likely crash if you try to load a save and the game can't find a specific bone needed in the current skeleton.

Hello, I got a weird problem and i have no clue how to fix it... The male characters seem to have weird body distortions when their weight is set higher.

Anyone know what could cause this?

20210611224330_1.jpg

20210611230004_1.jpg

15 hours ago, ElderVerK said:

Your .tri files are likely broken or have been overwritten. Try removing the mod and installing it again, letting SAM overwrite all .tri conflicts.

So you mean I have to reinstall SAM and that should fix it? Or might this be caused by a certain Racemenu version, because I have been reading about Racemenu causing some issues with SAM (I am currently using the newest version).

Also what are .tri files/ which mods use these files?

Thanks for the quick reply!

It shouldn't have to do with Racemenu version, every time I had this issue was because of .tri files.

.tri files contain all informations on how a mesh needs to change shape according to different slider values, including the weight slider and the various miriads of sliders that have been developed for racemenu through Bodyslide, like the SAM ones. If those files are broken the game doesn't know how to move the vertices of the mesh to mach each possible shape, and if you're lucky you get what you see in the screenshots, otherwise it's straight CTD which makes it more difficult to identify the source of the issue.

.tri files are named after the mesh they carry the information of. You will have a malebody.tri, a malefeet.tri, and a malehands.tri. If you use the SOS setup you will also have the malegenitals.tri in the genitals folder, otherwise the schlong info for SAM are written inside the malebody.tri. If you open the body part nifs with nifskope you will see that one of the shapes has a string of extra data that points to the .tri file. The problem you are experiencing comes either from the expected .tri file being overwritten by one with different informations, so the game doesn't know what to do with it and horribly deforms the body, or because the extra data string inside the mesh is broken or contains more than one .tri reference, (this used to happen to me when I didn't know how to refit clothes properly but it doesn't sound like it's the case here).

Uninstalling SAM completely and then installing it again from scratch should fix the issue, IF you tell the mod manager you're using to keep the SAM related .tri files and discard the ones from other body mods.

On 6/12/2021 at 4:05 PM, ElderVerK said:

It shouldn't have to do with Racemenu version, every time I had this issue was because of .tri files.

.tri files contain all informations on how a mesh needs to change shape according to different slider values, including the weight slider and the various miriads of sliders that have been developed for racemenu through Bodyslide, like the SAM ones. If those files are broken the game doesn't know how to move the vertices of the mesh to mach each possible shape, and if you're lucky you get what you see in the screenshots, otherwise it's straight CTD which makes it more difficult to identify the source of the issue.

.tri files are named after the mesh they carry the information of. You will have a malebody.tri, a malefeet.tri, and a malehands.tri. If you use the SOS setup you will also have the malegenitals.tri in the genitals folder, otherwise the schlong info for SAM are written inside the malebody.tri. If you open the body part nifs with nifskope you will see that one of the shapes has a string of extra data that points to the .tri file. The problem you are experiencing comes either from the expected .tri file being overwritten by one with different informations, so the game doesn't know what to do with it and horribly deforms the body, or because the extra data string inside the mesh is broken or contains more than one .tri reference, (this used to happen to me when I didn't know how to refit clothes properly but it doesn't sound like it's the case here).

Uninstalling SAM completely and then installing it again from scratch should fix the issue, IF you tell the mod manager you're using to keep the SAM related .tri files and discard the ones from other body mods.

Okay I will try that and let you know if it didn't work. Thanks for now, really appreciated!

On 6/12/2021 at 4:05 PM, ElderVerK said:

Okay, so I uninstalled SAM (SAM Core and SAM textures) and reinstalled them. Sadly it didn't fix it. Is there anything else I could try? Do I have to start a new playthrough or something maybe and then reinstall?