Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Using the latest build of AE, SKSE, etc. all of that is up to date.

So... I installed (drag and drop file into Vortex) SOSAM, enabled and deployed via Vortex, and got no warning messages. But on starting a new game, I got the message that the "SOS dll is not found or is too old", then a "-1". I quit as soon as possible while still in the cart.
I checked the files and found this path to the dll; SKSE>Plugins>SchlongsOfskyrim.dll and the file is dated to Nov. 22, 2019.

I've disabled the mod so I can finish testing other mods, everything else is fine.

Am I to assume that SOSAM is not compatible with AE? Or did I make a mistake somewhere? I'd really like to resolve this soon as I'm tired of testing mods and want to get on with playing.

Edited by ShadowKraz42
Added a sentence for a little clarity.

Author of the topic Posted
On 9/5/2023 at 12:08 PM, Chompy said:

There's an updated .dll for SOS you need to use from LoversLab. SOSAM is only not compatible with AE because the SOS .dll it uses is outdated/made for 1.5.97.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/208074-schlongs-of-skyrim-dll-for-ae/

Has all the different AE versions, you'll want 1.6.640 if you're on the most recent SE/AE version of Skyrim.

Thank you very much! I don't know how I missed it, probably non-optimal caffeine:blood ratio.

On 9/5/2023 at 12:08 PM, Chompy said:

There's an updated .dll for SOS you need to use from LoversLab. SOSAM is only not compatible with AE because the SOS .dll it uses is outdated/made for 1.5.97.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/208074-schlongs-of-skyrim-dll-for-ae/

Has all the different AE versions, you'll want 1.6.640 if you're on the most recent SE/AE version of Skyrim.

Can I replace the .dll in SOSAM with this .dll? Or is that a bad idea? I've been using this .dll for my current game but want the SAM body for my next game. think SavrenX will release an AE compatible version soon?

3 minutes ago, SavrenX said:

Just use Updated dll SOS for AE. That's the only differences between SE and AE.

I don't understand when someone say update for AE. Literally Se and AE just the same.

Ok... I'm confused now. I keep reading SOSAM is not AE compatible, and the page's req's specify SE. Is it fine as is for use with AE?

Author

Better you google SOS for SE and SOS for AE. If you understand the differences between the two you will understand what I mean. English not my native so I can't talk too much for this. Only need AE dll for SOSAM and done.

10 minutes ago, SavrenX said:

Better you google SOS for SE and SOS for AE. If you understand the differences between the two you will understand what I mean. English not my native so I can't talk too much for this. Only need AE dll for SOSAM and done.

Ok. Thank you very much. BTW, you write in English better than most Americans I know.