Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hello,I am here because I require some help, I want to do a new character but I don't know how to do it, I wish my character to be like Chris Redfield from Resident evil 6 (Fanboy spotted ; ) ), I have done any researches about mods, character presets I could but no way to find nothing. So please, could somebody help me doing my character : I use near 160 mods among which :

SAM and all of the optional additions (Thanks to the autor for that nice mod),

Superior Lore-Friendly hair HD :http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/36510/?,

The Eyes of Beauty : http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/13722/,

Moonlight Tales essentials : http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/59463/,

Baked Male Argonians for Skyrim and DLCs,

HDT Physics Extensions : http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53996/,

XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended, FNIS, and the Racemenu 3-4-5.

Thank you for your help ( and excuse me for my poor English because my usual language is French).

Ps : ( I have also to mention, I use Nords characters and it seems I have a bug with Racemenu more precisely with the mirror parameter for the "rise" feature in the Sculpting part, when I do a modification on the character, the modification doesn't operate on both sides).

PPs : I accept any mod you could suggest me to enhance the result I really would enjoy to success having Redfield for character and installing 2-3 more mods is far to be a problem.

Thank you again.

Author of the topic Posted

Indeed Chris is my favourite game character, that's why I really want to play with him as a character. Thank you for your answer but I did already download this follower mod. Now I am trying to import his face for my character even if, unfortunately he hasn't meshes files to import for copy/pasting because there is only .esp .bsaa (LOL) and .bsl files. But I will try to find a way out of this problem ... I hope.

I tried another thing, I converted the bsa file of the Chris Redfield follower mod into loose files, I tried to import .dds and .nif files from the textures and meshes folders AND ... I didn't work. I am back against the wall.

Author

I've achieved what you're trying awhile back.  It involves importing Chris's head mesh .nif into RaceMenu's sculpt mode and modifying the SkinHeadMaleNord (or something similar) texture set to have the player character use a unique/custom head texture.

What ? You successed ? I tried importing the .nif files with Racemenu but what I got was so glitchy, glitchy as fuck to be honnest, brows were half displaying and not where they would rather have been, beard was sticked to the lips ON the lips, the hair failled in it's integration. And I wasn't able to find out why it was so glitchy because everything was supposed to work properly in theory, in reunified everything I could to fix the problems including swaping between different mods trying it with Vanilla, SAM, SOS, and my deer 4k male texture mod skysightskin.

Thank you for your answer. May you send some pictures of the result you got please ? And explain me how you did for that and what mod you use please ?

Author

This first screenshot is the .esp I made for using a custom face texture.

chris0.jpg

Before you start importing the head mesh, make sure to set weight to 100, use Chris's hair, and remove all scars, eye brows, and facial hair.  Chris's face texture already includes eye brows and facial hair.  The list of head parts should match the next screenshot.

chris1.jpg

Import the head mesh into RaceMenu's Sculpt mode.  Make sure the head parts match up.

chris2.jpg

After importing, it should look exactly like below.  The face and body textures don't blend since I'm using my own custom body texture.

chris3.jpg

The original mod has an issue with two holes in the neck area.  By importing the head mesh for your own player character, you will inherit the exact same issue.  I don't remember how I fixed it, but it might've involved importing the head mesh into 3DS Max and manually moving the vertices.

chris4.jpg

Author
On 18/04/2017 at 0:35 AM, KouLeifoh said:

chris0.jpg

Before you start importing the head mesh, make sure to set weight to 100, use Chris's hair, and remove all scars, eye brows, and facial hair.  Chris's face texture already includes eye brows and facial hair.  The list of head parts should match the next screenshot.

chris1.jpg

Import the head mesh into RaceMenu's Sculpt mode.  Make sure the head parts match up.

chris2.jpg

After importing, it should look exactly like below.  The face and body textures don't blend since I'm using my own custom body texture.

chris3.jpg

The original mod has an issue with two holes in the neck area.  By importing the head mesh for your own player character, you will inherit the exact same issue.  I don't remember how I fixed it, but it might've involved importing the head mesh into 3DS Max and manually moving the vertices.

chris4.jpg

Do you think you can share the stuff? ;) Please!

chris0.jpg

chris1.jpg

chris2.jpg

chris3.jpg

chris4.jpg

Thank you KouLeifoh you made a very good job but I already tried what you did (like importing Chris' hairs, I tried to use the .nif file but it didn't work, only the face .nif file was working and not as good as yours did, I also tried not to change bodies to make sure there would be no problem). I will try again your way tomorrow (it's a little late now 22h in Western Europe), I have another question, would it be possible to change Chris' face texture to match with the body or is there a way to clean the neck and make the texture transition smoother like color for exemple ? Just asking. Thank you again.

chris0.jpg

chris1.jpg

chris2.jpg

chris3.jpg

chris4.jpg

Hello, I tried again but I don't know what to import I looked at the first screenshot you posted so I placed malehead.dds malehead_msn.dds and malehead_s.dds in the chargen folder. I tried ingame with the reacemenu to open the meshes you told me to import but nothing could be imported, I just have hair meshes imported. A little help please : ) ?

Author

I've attached the custom .esp I used for the face texture along with Chris's head mesh (neck holes are fixed) to import into RaceMenu.  Don't import the hair mesh.  You need to have the Chris Redfield follower mod enabled to use the hair + face texture (Chris's hair can be selected from the hair list in RaceMenu).  Just follow the steps I've listed above.

As for texture blending between the face and body, you'll need to use something like photoshop to do it.

chris_redfield.zip

20170422183927_1.jpg

THIS IS AAAAAWESOOOME, thank you thousands of times for your great job it fully worked I am very impressed by the result, for the textures not mixing that's not even an arrow in the knee, on my game it is not visible as it is on the sreens you posted before surely because of the mods. Well I dream about that since 2 years, I sought wherever I could and it's finally done thank you a lot.  = ) 

Hey I was wondering if you could help me too, I've tried my hardest but none of the guides make sense to me, I can't convert this model into just one model or get the head to work just on its own it usually results in an invisible body, it's really bugging me.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzj8ZEkOh_L0aFJDOEFLaFdyRHM/edit?pageId=113141259785800420656&pageId=104435348361348077908

Author

That one replaces the full head and body completely.  It's like putting on a full suit of armor with helmet attached.  From what I understand, the vanilla head mesh comes with corresponding .tri files that handle facial morphs and movements.  Most custom head meshes use the vanilla head as a base and simply adjust the vertices while keeping the vertex count the same.  High poly head mesh replacers include their own .tri files.

On 22/04/2017 at 1:55 PM, 7klxdh said:

20170422183927_1.jpg

THIS IS AAAAAWESOOOME, thank you thousands of times for your great job it fully worked I am very impressed by the result, for the textures not mixing that's not even an arrow in the knee, on my game it is not visible as it is on the sreens you posted before surely because of the mods. Well I dream about that since 2 years, I sought wherever I could and it's finally done thank you a lot.  = ) 

hey Man, How did you do it? Because I follow the steps and the facial hair doesn't import, and all the facial hair in the game just gets weird looking. Can you help me ?

Hello, I know its 2020 hehe I am a huge fan of Chris from RE 6 and 5 and also have a terrible crush on him. but can you share it for Skyrim Special Edition pls as preset, Because I have tired to watch everyone to make that preset as companion and not as preset for player...