Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cra29

Customized race to work with SAM

Hello good evening sorry for my english I have a dudac there is some tutorial where you can make your follower use the mod sam since this segudor has a mesh of independent texture and a type of race custom .... I long ago saw a Tutorial in the torque room but no longer this if someone can explain to me how to do it would be very grateful.

Author

Use xEdit (TES5Edit) to open the custom follower esp.

• To remove the default armor, remove the "WNAM - Worn Armor" record from the follower under "Non-Player Character (Actor)"
  • For SAM support of custom race, add keyword "ActorProxyNord" (or a similar one from below) to the custom race under "Race"

SAM has a list of valid custom race support in the SAM_QuestScript script:

Int Function CheckCustomRace(Race actorRace)
	Int result = -1

If ActorRace.HasKeywordString("ActorProxyNord")
		result = NORD
	ElseIf ActorRace.HasKeywordString("ActorProxyImperial")
		result = IMPERIAL
	ElseIf ActorRace.HasKeywordString("ActorProxyBreton")
		result = BRETON
	ElseIf ActorRace.HasKeywordString("ActorProxyRedguard")
		result = REDGUARD
	elseIf ActorRace.HasKeywordString("ActorProxyDarkElf")
		result = DARK_ELF
	elseIf ActorRace.HasKeywordString("ActorProxyHighElf")
		result = HIGH_ELF
	elseIf ActorRace.HasKeywordString("ActorProxyArgonian")
		result = ARGONIAN
	elseIf ActorRace.HasKeywordString("ActorProxyWoodElf")
		result = WOOD_ELF
	elseIf ActorRace.HasKeywordString("ActorProxyKhajiit")
		result = KHAJIIT
	elseIf ActorRace.HasKeywordString("ActorProxyOrc")
		result = ORC
	EndIf

Return result
EndFunction

13 hours ago, KouLeifoh said:

Use xEdit (TES5Edit) to open the custom follower esp.

• To remove the default armor, remove the "WNAM - Worn Armor" record from the follower under "Non-Player Character (Actor)"
  • For SAM support of custom race, add keyword "ActorProxyNord" (or a similar one from below) to the custom race under "Race"

SAM has a list of valid custom race support in the SAM_QuestScript script:

Int Function CheckCustomRace(Race actorRace)
	Int result = -1

If ActorRace.HasKeywordString("ActorProxyNord")
		result = NORD
	ElseIf ActorRace.HasKeywordString("ActorProxyImperial")
		result = IMPERIAL
	ElseIf ActorRace.HasKeywordString("ActorProxyBreton")
		result = BRETON
	ElseIf ActorRace.HasKeywordString("ActorProxyRedguard")
		result = REDGUARD
	elseIf ActorRace.HasKeywordString("ActorProxyDarkElf")
		result = DARK_ELF
	elseIf ActorRace.HasKeywordString("ActorProxyHighElf")
		result = HIGH_ELF
	elseIf ActorRace.HasKeywordString("ActorProxyArgonian")
		result = ARGONIAN
	elseIf ActorRace.HasKeywordString("ActorProxyWoodElf")
		result = WOOD_ELF
	elseIf ActorRace.HasKeywordString("ActorProxyKhajiit")
		result = KHAJIIT
	elseIf ActorRace.HasKeywordString("ActorProxyOrc")
		result = ORC
	EndIf

Return result
EndFunction

Thanks for your tip for adapting custom and new races to SAM. So, I would ask you for one more support about it. 

Now, I can't add a keyword of ActorProxyNord to my lovely new race on TES5Edit though I've added SAM as a master to the follower.esp.

How can I tweak it?

Itsuki Race.jpg

Author

You have to create the keyword first before you can reference it.  SAM doesn't seem to care where the keyword comes from as long as the string matches.  To get started, copy any keyword from Skyrim.esm as a new record and rename it to one of the races listed in my previous post.

keyword.jpg

1 hour ago, KouLeifoh said:

You have to create the keyword first before you can reference it.  SAM doesn't seem to care where the keyword comes from as long as the string matches.  To get started, copy any keyword from Skyrim.esm as a new record and rename it to one of the races listed in my previous post.

Thanks for your kind support.

So, I added keyword count from 1 to 2. But, now I can't add any keyword to race. How can I add it?

Itsuki2.jpg

Author

There's no need to manually change the keyword count.  Just right click on the empty space above ActorTypeNPC and select "Add" to add a new keyword reference.

2 hours ago, KouLeifoh said:

There's no need to manually change the keyword count.  Just right click on the empty space above ActorTypeNPC and select "Add" to add a new keyword reference.

Thanks! I could add it.

But, my NPC genitals remains hole and he isn't under SAM control because he isn't included in characters on SAM MCM. I simply thank that adding a keyword could have realized it but it wasn't so. I have to do some way to add genitals to him, right?

Author

Using the keyword alone should've been enough to get the custom character to show up in SAM's list of actors.  Something might be off with SAM's detection.  Make sure the custom follower isn't flagged as female.

keyword2.jpg

The missing genitals (and vanilla armor in general) is an issue with all custom races.  They need to be added to the list of "Additional Races" in every Armor Addon usable by that race.  For SAM's genitals, the "SkinNaked" armor of the custom race must be modified to add slot 52 and a new record of the Armor Addon "SAM_NakedGenitals" from SAM esp with the custom race added to the "Additional Races" list.

It is best done with the CK: assuming that the race doesn't use a custom body.
You need to open the follower esp together with SAM in the CK, open the SAM_NakedGenitals Armor Addon and highlight the new race (in your case kkItsuki_Race, in the Screenshot is a generic "DaNewRace") in the list of the additional races for the AA:

4EnableRace.jpg

That should do it. You can see if it goes well by then open the SkinNaked armor form, select the race in the drop-down menu and check the Models list. If the SAM_NakedGenitals is in the list, then you're set, otherwise add it manually.

5CkeckIfApplied.jpg

The only thing I'm not sure about is if you need to save it as an additional plugin or if you can directly edit one of the esps.

1 hour ago, KouLeifoh said:

The missing genitals (and vanilla armor in general) is an issue with all custom races.  They need to be added to the list of "Additional Races" in every Armor Addon usable by that race.  For SAM's genitals, the "SkinNaked" armor of the custom race must be modified to add slot 52 and a new record of the Armor Addon "SAM_NakedGenitals" from SAM esp with the custom race added to the "Additional Races" list.

Thanks for you kind and repeating support!

So, I could add genitals to custom race for his naked body. But, in case of putting on your geralt wolf armor he exposed his genitals because SAM couldn't control the race so far. I had to add the race to SAM as you mentioned. But, the race esp is higher than SAM esp. Would you have somewhat good idea?

Itsuki3.jpg

A good way to hide the schlong when you equip KouLeifoh's Geralt armor would be to add a 'NiTriShape' into the main body part of the armor, rename it to 'SAMRevealing' (uppercase matters) and change the 'Alpha' float property from within the BSLightingShaderProperty to 0. Best way to do so would be to copy from an existing armor that has it already, just don't forget that the NiNodes on both .NIFs has to be the same name before copying it over.

4 hours ago, Felio said:

It is best done with the CK: assuming that the race doesn't use a custom body.
You need to open the follower esp together with SAM in the CK, open the SAM_NakedGenitals Armor Addon and highlight the new race (in your case kkItsuki_Race, in the Screenshot is a generic "DaNewRace") in the list of the additional races for the AA:

Thanks, Felio!

So, what I wanna do is conflicted because kiki race refers to genitals record of SAM in order to make genitals to its race and the other SAM additional race refers to the kiki race record in order to add the race to SAM. I should select either. As you said I added kiki race to additional race of SAM but the additional referring records made error as below. It is out of my league!

Itski4.jpg

Itsuki5.jpg

And, thanks for alexof! I will try it.

Author

As I mentioned, don't modify the existing "SAM_NakedGenitals" since that will cause a looped dependency (and you don't want SAM esp to use your custom race esp as a master).  Just copy it as a new record to your custom race esp.  Be sure to change your custom race's "SkinNaked" armor to use the new record.

keyword3.jpg

Don't forget to add your custom race to the list of "Additional Races" for the new SAM_NakedGenitals.  Aside from using a preset of Samsom/Samuel values, the only other reason to use SAM esp as a master is for referencing the SAM_SkinMaleGenitals texture set, but texture swapping seems to be handled by SAM scripts.

keyword4.jpg

9 hours ago, KouLeifoh said:

As I mentioned, don't modify the existing "SAM_NakedGenitals" since that will cause a looped dependency (and you don't want SAM esp to use your custom race esp as a master).  Just copy it as a new record to your custom race esp.  Be sure to change your custom race's "SkinNaked" armor to use the new record.

Don't forget to add your custom race to the list of "Additional Races" for the new SAM_NakedGenitals.  Aside from using a preset of Samsom/Samuel values, the only other reason to use SAM esp as a master is for referencing the SAM_SkinMaleGenitals texture set, but texture swapping seems to be handled by SAM scripts.

Thank for your reprising and kind support! I I'm extremely happy that I can learn about TES5Edit a bit.

So, I thought that SAM would recognize custom race with setting SAM's keyword (ex. ActorProxyNord) to the race esp.

Itsuki8.jpg

And, I also thought that SAM's genitals would be added to a follower of the custom race with editing Armor and Armor Addon on the race esp.

Itsuki9.jpg

Itsuki10.jpg

But, SAM can't recognize the follower though his genitals can be appeared, then of course his genitals size, and body type and size can't be adjusted. So far, I make him put on some revealing armor such as your Kyron armor. :P

Author

It looks like you followed everything correctly, but SAM's detection doesn't seem to be working.  Try testing it from a new game.  At the title screen, open the console and type coc qasmoke.  This should bring you into a dev room.  Wait for SAM to initialize, then spawn your custom follower.  Use the command help follower_name to find the id of your custom follower.  It'll be listed with the tag NPC_.  Then type player.placeatme xxxxxxxx where xxxxxxxx is the id of your custom follower.  Once your follower appears (check the next room), open up SAM's MCM menu and check the actors list.  There should be two in the list:  Prisoner (you) and your follower.

I attached the custom follower esp I created for the screenshots so you can look at it in detail.  The follower is a vanilla NPC that I copied and changed the race.  It's been tested and works in-game.

MyCustomFollower.esp

2 hours ago, KouLeifoh said:

It looks like you followed everything correctly, but SAM's detection doesn't seem to be working.  Try testing it from a new game.  At the title screen, open the console and type coc qasmoke.  This should bring you into a dev room.  Wait for SAM to initialize, then spawn your custom follower.  Use the command help follower_name to find the id of your custom follower.  It'll be listed with the tag NPC_.  Then type player.placeatme xxxxxxxx where xxxxxxxx is the id of your custom follower.  Once your follower appears (check the next room), open up SAM's MCM menu and check the actors list.  There should be two in the list:  Prisoner (you) and your follower.

I attached the custom follower esp I created for the screenshots so you can look at it in detail.  The follower is a vanilla NPC that I copied and changed the race.  It's been tested and works in-game.

MyCustomFollower.esp

Thanks, Kou!

I tested both your follower Kou and custom race Itsuki in qasmoke with new game. Unfortunately, nothing has worked about SAM detection. Maybe, my skyrim configuration with fully moded causes the result. I appreciate your kind support so much.

Wow this was a nicely informative post, too bad I don't have old skyrim anymore to test it out.  Good luck Kyoshi, seems like you're almost there.  Did you try start a fresh game with only the SAM essentials enabled?  If using ModOrganizer its easy, just make an additional profile, then you can quickly rule out if its a conflict with other mods.

If it works with the above, you could then try loading your whole mod set in Tes5Edit together, and checking if any conflicts or anything else is effecting your new esp, or SAM mods.  I like to use Mator Smash before doing this, but its a bit more complicated than just Tes5edit alone, for simplicity stick with just that if you only know tes5edit.  If you dont see any conflicts then perhaps its a script from another mod getting in your way, in which case you'd have to go one mod at a time, enabling until you see what breaks your setup.  Its really useful that KouLeifoh put a known working example up for you, so you know its set correct and all.

Good luck!

32 minutes ago, infiniteone said:

Wow this was a nicely informative post, too bad I don't have old skyrim anymore to test it out.  Good luck Kyoshi, seems like you're almost there.  Did you try start a fresh game with only the SAM essentials enabled?  If using ModOrganizer its easy, just make an additional profile, then you can quickly rule out if its a conflict with other mods.

If it works with the above, you could then try loading your whole mod set in Tes5Edit together, and checking if any conflicts or anything else is effecting your new esp, or SAM mods.  I like to use Mator Smash before doing this, but its a bit more complicated than just Tes5edit alone, for simplicity stick with just that if you only know tes5edit.  If you dont see any conflicts then perhaps its a script from another mod getting in your way, in which case you'd have to go one mod at a time, enabling until you see what breaks your setup.  Its really useful that KouLeifoh put a known working example up for you, so you know its set correct and all.

Good luck!

Maybe, an issue you pointed out is right. So, the issue on my messed skyrim is caused by that SAM scripts, ex. SAM_QuestScript, don't work properly because other NPCs including followers who don't modify vanilla's Armor, ArmorAddon, and Race etc., and who are added by mods of Solitude Men's Club and Blackthorn Gay Hamlet patch, can be detected by SAM and they work fine on it.

I now use WryeBash and my messed essential skyrim is stable so far. Then, about ModOrganizer, I will install it if SSE for SAM is released.

Hmm, so you'd probably need to build yourself a compatibility patch for SAM and those conflicting mods, make the adjustments to account for what SAM wants taking precedence, perhaps someone around the net has already had this issue, its worth searching if you know its those mods in particular.  Personally I never had such an issue, SAM just beautifully schlongified everyone for me, but admittedly I never added any mods that add followers or custom races, I used EFF so anyone can be a follower, but rarely used followers anyhow.

Yes, its exciting to hear a SAM SSE version is in the works! :D MO2 is still a little buggy for SSE, but so was the one on old skyrim, the bug's aren't game breaking for me at least. YMMV... I hear the WryeBash method is quite solid too, tho ive never tried it. The whole skyrim world is a bit upside down still since the new release, its all good and messy, just how i like a good challenge, lol.  That plus we know there are at least one major updates coming,  I suspect the next patch will fix a lot of PC related issues, as usual they catered to the sad souls gaming on consoles first, since its a lot more straight forward and simple.