Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

TheDarkPhoenix

Download — Farys SE - Unique Voiced Follower by NotAnArcher

Farys SE - Unique Voiced Follower by NotAnArcher

One of my favorite followers ever. The original LE version is located here.

He's god skills dual-wielding his enchanted swords. He's also a bit of a poet. Most would describe him as mysterious, dangerous with a dash of sensitivity. Shout out to R0uu for making this and giving me permission to take over and share. So I converted it, fixed a bunch of broken texture and mesh links. Then added SAM High Poly body meshes (KouLeifoh), textures (Vector), and muscular body map (Don). 

This is a WIP as I want to do R0uu's vision for Farys justice and make my own personal modifications. 

Credits and much appreciation and thanks to

• Rouu
  • MeekVoice previously known as Purgey (voice)
  • Vector
  • KouLeifoh
  • Don

I just downloaded him and he looks great. But I can't get him to be a follower. The dialogue to ask him to follow me doesn't pop up. The only dialogue tree I get is from SexTalk so I can bang him (lol!) but not recruit him. I do have Inigo, Kaidan, Meeko and another follower already; could that be the issue? Do I need to dismiss one? I thought that he'd just reply, "You have someone already," but there's no option to recruit him at all. I did save and re-load in front of him, still no dialogue options other than "Want to have some fun?" (Hilarious and sure, would love to,  but I'd like to get to know him first.)

EDIT: Just tried to recruit the morbid dark elf in the Drunken Huntsmen just to make sure it's a specific glitch with Farys and it appears to be. She told me I had someone else with me and I needed to dismiss him first.

Edited by CWGortner

12 minutes ago, CWGortner said:

I just downloaded him and he looks great. But I can't get him to be a follower. The dialogue to ask him to follow me doesn't pop up. The only dialogue tree I get is from SexTalk so I can bang him (lol!) but not recruit him. I do have Inigo, Kaidan, Meeko and another follower already; could that be the issue? Do I need to dismiss one? I thought that he'd just reply, "You have someone already," but there's no option to recruit him at all. I did save and re-load in front of him, still no dialogue options other than "Want to have some fun?" (Hilarious but I'd like to get to know him first)

load the Sexlab manipulator

Manipulator SE.7z

Oops. Crashes my game. I have SexLab SE so the papyrus utility is installed; when I disable Manipulator, the game loads up fine. Not sure what the issue might be (always something with Skyrim SE, though). I have 57 mods so not too excessive and a beefy rig.

1 minute ago, CWGortner said:

Oops. Crashes my game. I have SexLab SE so the papyrus utility is installed; when I disable Manipulator, the game loads up fine. Not sure what the issue might be (always something with Skyrim SE, though). I have 57 mods so not too excessive and a beefy rig.

try it without Farys

Nope. Without Farys, still crashes on loading screen. I hit continue and image with game play tips comes up, then boom. CTD.
I use Vortex if that means anything, it's been stellar so far. Should the Unofficial Patch load after Manipulator? SSE edit shows some red lines in Manipulator referenced by Unofficial Patch.

Edited by CWGortner

Author of the topic Posted

2 hours ago, CWGortner said:

EDIT: Just tried to recruit the morbid dark elf in the Drunken Huntsmen just to make sure it's a specific glitch with Farys and it appears to be. She told me I had someone else with me and I needed to dismiss him first.

Remember Farys is still a work in progress with a custom voice so you won't get the whole "You have someone else with you" dialog. Need to look into adding that... but with the CTDs sounds like it's something else entirely.

The CTD just happened when I added Manipulator, recommended as a fix in the comments here. If I disable it, the game loads fine but I still can't recruit Farys. I just get one option with him: Want to have some fun? from SexTalk. He's there  but he won't give me any options to recruit him.

Given that I have three custom followers with me - Inigo, lucien and kaiden - plus Meeko and a generic NPC, would that preempt his dialogue from popping up? I could dismiss generic guy and test it, I guess; just wondering if that might be the cause.

EDIT: Yes, that was it. Dismissed my generic guy and dialogue popped. Cool!

Edited by CWGortner

14 minutes ago, CWGortner said:

The CTD just happened when I added Manipulator, recommended as a fix in the comments here. If I disable it, the game loads fine but I still can't recruit Farys. I just get one option with him: Want to have some fun? from SexTalk. He's there  but he won't give me any options to recruit him.

Given that I have three custom followers with me - Inigo, lucien and kaiden - plus Meeko and a generic NPC, would that preempt his dialogue from popping up? I could dismiss generic guy and test it, I guess; just wondering if that might be the cause.

you have instal

Amazing Follower Tweaks
Extensible Follower Framework
Follower Commentary Overhaul SE -
Relationship Dialogue Overhaul -
UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul

Author of the topic Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, mikaakim said:

you have instal

Amazing Follower Tweaks
Extensible Follower Framework
Follower Commentary Overhaul SE -
Relationship Dialogue Overhaul -
UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul

mikaakim is correct. I use NFF - Netherworks Followers Framework. Thats another option as well

21 minutes ago, CWGortner said:

Question: There's a conflict in the Dialog Topic > DialogueFollowerFollowTopic > Follow me. You must go into SSEEdit to see which mod is doing it but it's sounding exactly like the issue I had ... Let me know if you see a conflict.

Edited by TheDarkPhoenix

Edited my comment above, as soon as I dismissed the generic follower, Farys' recruitment dialogue popped. His armor is glued onto him, though, and I'd love to know what it is because it's beautiful; I can see it via the console but just as his armor. I'm assuming it can't be upgraded?

I'll look into NFF. My main concern with any mod follower tweaks is Kaidan. He's such a delicate flower that any kind of AI changes tend to break his little brain, sadly. I've had to disable a few in the past to retain him but he's so fully voiced and engaging, he's worth it. But I have Farys on my team now, so for the moment all is good. I really appreciate your guys' help! It's tough to find good-looking male followers with a flair. I tend to only use custom-voiced ones, too, because the generic ones merely obey and grunt. Farys is gorgeous; he could benefit from easily removable armor, but console unequip will do the trick for now.

Edited by CWGortner