Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kreiste

[Outfit Studio] weighting the cloths around armpit and underarm?

Author

How has you guys been doing this? Ya know that in SAM body, since the default is A-pose instead of FO4's T-pose, the bottom part of the biceps (the wings?) kinda touches the lats area, making clothing around there is difficult. Clipping is noticeable when the character jumps (and their upper arms kinda lifts up) and you notice that the clothing around the lats are pulled towards the biceps and the lower part of the sleeves near the biceps got pulled towards the lats. 

So far I've been making clothing that stays away from that area...but of course that couldn't be the be-all and end-all solution to this predicament.

Author

The armpit area has been the bane of one of my Witcher 3 armor ports that's been on the backburner for a few years now.  I find that the best approach is to only work with the weight 0 body since the limbs are skinny and easier to weight paint.  Things get more difficult when there are loose sleeves that clip with the body.  In Outfit Studio, use masks to separate the arms from the body when weight painting.  Scaling skeleton bones will also help to find problematic vertex weights.  I tossed around the idea of separating the limbs from the body for easier weight painting and then piecing them back together.

Author
Author of the topic Posted

well looks like our prayers been answered! 

with the new outfit studio, we can now pose the skeleton. painting armpit areas would be much more easy now!

Author
22 hours ago, kreiste said:

well looks like our prayers been answered! 

with the new outfit studio, we can now pose the skeleton. painting armpit areas would be much more easy now!

Seriously ????? Pose skeleton ???? Wow i must try it.

Author
Author of the topic Posted

@Don it’s really basic at the moment. No Inverse Kinematics yet nor preset pose, but being able to weight paint while lifting the body’s upper arm so i can see the armpit is more than I need XD

Author

The ability to pose the skeleton in Outfit Studio is an amazing addition.  Albeit basic, it's more than enough to help fix problematic areas.  I'll be able to do full gloves again without having to struggle with finger weights.  It was a nightmare trying to fix them in 3DS Max.