Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Umomo

Trying to refit armor

I'm currently trying to refit the inquisitor armor. I got it to work somewhat, but for some reason, a piece of the armor won't show up in-game. I looked at the armor in nifskope but I've never seen one like this. The part on top of the tiny green armor is the part that won't show and I'm not good enough with nifskope to tamper with anything more than  CT_STATIC to CT_MUTABLE.  This is from a mod called inquisitor Armour revisited.

Armor in Nifskope:

Inquisitor nif.PNG

This is what the armor is supposed to look like:637863762_InquisitorArmor.PNG.77beb4e25df934e327d4fd711562d252.PNG

What it would look like in-game:

1046488480_InquisitorArmora.PNG.06b25b0516a3d3cbe9a26e19ded3d77d.PNG

Author
7 minutes ago, Umomo said:

I'm currently trying to refit the inquisitor armor. I got it to work somewhat, but for some reason, a piece of the armor won't show up in-game. I looked at the armor in nifskope but I've never seen one like this. The part on top of the tiny green armor is the part that won't show and I'm not good enough with nifskope to tamper with anything more than  CT_STATIC to CT_MUTABLE.  This is from a mod called inquisitor Armour revisited.

Inquisitor nif.PNG

Have you checked a slot? Default slot for body armor is 32, and it should also be the same in Creation Kit. 

Also it might mean troubles with weights

Author of the topic Posted
7 minutes ago, Den987 said:

Have you checked a slot? Default slot for body armor is 32, and it should also be the same in Creation Kit. 

Also it might mean troubles with weights

It all says Slot 32 as it should and the weights work fine. But for some reason, this specific piece of armor just does not show up in-game no matter the weights/Samson/Samuel levels

Author
1 hour ago, Umomo said:

It all says Slot 32 as it should and the weights work fine. But for some reason, this specific piece of armor just does not show up in-game no matter the weights/Samson/Samuel levels

Is it the same as in the original file?

Author of the topic Posted
46 minutes ago, Den987 said:

Is it the same as in the original file?

before I refitted, all of the armor showed just didn't scale, after refitting, the one part of the armor is missing but everything still scales.

Author

It's an issue with Outfit Studio and how it handles skin transformations.  Loading such models will seem to appear fine, but the slider "Conform" option won't function correctly on affected meshes.  If you only want to export it without Outfit Studio changing the skinning data, then just select all the shapes in the top right box and then right click -> Export -> To NIF.  It should look fine in NifSkope.  Exporting from the File menu will alter the skinning data for meshes that use transformations and result in what you have now.

To fix this, I normally just import the mesh into 3DS Max to automatically zero the transformations and then export.