Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kirax

Body hair doesn't show when I refit armor?

Author

Exactly title.

Armors I refitted doesn't show bodyhair when I put it on, and I had to try multiple times before it appear. 

If this only affects me then I can tolerate, but many people download my mods and they get this problem too.

Any solutions?

Author

usually it means the body is not placed at a high enough order in the mesh. Open nifskope and go to spells > sanitize > reorder block, then ctrl + click SAMBody in the BlockDetails window and press the up key to move it up above the other shapes.

also, if the BSDecalplacementVectorExtraData isn't there for some reason it should be

10 hours ago, Kirax said:

Armors I refitted doesn't show bodyhair when I put it on, and I had to try multiple times before it appear.

Tl;DR: You have to rename the exposed body(part) of the armor meshes to SAMBODY (torso), SAMHands (hands), or SAMFeet (feets), but it unfortunately almost inevitably leads to almost all the rebuilt of .tri files for the outfits as long as they have some exposed skin. That was what I had to do in this February.

The script of SAM (-full) or SAM Morphs for Racemenu in fact uses the string name of NiTriShape (BSTriShape for SE) to distinguish/ apply the overlay function to the bodypart in the mesh, like this:

SAMHands.thumb.png.8f96ce28991df0f91b729c455350da9d.png

Unfortunately, there are some difficulties to meet this requirement in SAM refit: 

• Just renaming the string name of NiTriShape/ BSTrishape of the exposed skin also breaks the correspondence between the mesh and its .tri file since NIOverride also uses the string name and its order to apply the .tri morph. In short, we cannot use the former .tri file anymore once we rename the string name in its corresponding mesh. That was why some of the VP original vanilla refit had been not functioned properly since 2015. The renaming of the string name enabled the application of bodyhair overlay, but in turn broke the .tri morph.
  • It also means that we might pay more attention not to change string names or their order in course of refit process, but we have one more problem: When the reference and the outfit mesh share the same name in string names of NiTriShape (BSTriShape) sections, Bodyslide (until 4.6.0 (1)), our key tool for refit in the latest method, tend to rename the latter like 'SAMBody_outfit', and it also breaks the overlay function of SAM/ SAM Morphs for Racemenu.
  • In order to avoid this second problem, we might have to use reference mesh (and also .tri) files that don't employ the exact matching name like 'SAMBody/ SAMHands/ SAMFeet'. I attach my tweaked reference file package below: 

SAM_meshes_tris_for_refit_LE_new_ys.7z

I explained this issue also in some posts in the comment section in my published package, like here.

Sorry for this not so arranged text in clumsy English (I'm a bit tired right now).