Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Arenirn

Texture/Mesh issues

Author

I'm not sure why this has started happening, but about 2 days ago, for unknown reasons or cause, no matter what body-replacer I use, SOS or SAM, and whether they (and their requirements) are the only mods loaded (I use Mod Organizer) the textures/meshes don't properly load for the hands and feet, there are visible seams and gaps on the hands and feet, it looks like it's using the vanilla hands and feet.

I've tried uninstalling all my mods through Mod Organizer, and re-installing only SAM and it's requirement, but the problem still persists and I have no clue how I can fix it, so any help would be greatly appreciated...

I'm using the SAM version and the textures that Vector put up here (ignore the kjhhh, that's just FNIS overwrites)

Capture.JPG

Below are screenshots I took when the hand textures no longer matched the rest of the body

1.JPG

2.JPG

Yes, I have the same issue, but didn't really notice it at first because I have such a crappy computer, and nothing looks really good. 

I can't really help by playing around with my computer settings though, because SAM ended up being too much man :) for my computer, and I had to stop using it. :( 

I'm reexamining my mods and load order, so if I find anything that will help, I will let you know, unless someone else (who knows more than I do) can help before that.

Author
Author of the topic Posted
11 minutes ago, GenieSweetie said:

Yes, I have the same issue, but didn't really notice it at first because I have such a crappy computer, and nothing looks really good. 

I can't really help by playing around with my computer settings though, because SAM ended up being too much man :) for my computer, and I had to stop using it. :( 

I'm reexamining my mods and load order, so if I find anything that will help, I will let you know, unless someone else (who knows more than I do) can help before that.

I actually tried doing a complete clean re-install of Skyrim, and loading it as default through steam the hand issue was still there, so I'm guessing it's a problem more with the base Skyrim files and not mod-related =/

Author

It seems like an issue with the normal maps not matching up.  Whenever you change weights/morphs, a SAM script is supposed to swap the normal maps to the right muscle definition.  Aside from checking for loose files, the only other issue I can think of is SAM scripts not activating or working properly.

From your load order, the dlc's should be loaded in this order:  Dawnguard, Hearthfire, Dragonborn.  Also, only use NiOveride or RaceMenu, not both.  RaceMenu already includes NiOveride.

10 hours ago, KouLeifoh said:

It seems like an issue with the normal maps not matching up.  Whenever you change weights/morphs, a SAM script is supposed to swap the normal maps to the right muscle definition.  Aside from checking for loose files, the only other issue I can think of is SAM scripts not activating or working properly.

From your load order, the dlc's should be loaded in this order:  Dawnguard, Hearthfire, Dragonborn.  Also, only use NiOveride or RaceMenu, not both.  RaceMenu already includes NiOveride.

Thanks for the info, and yes, you're right about the load order. Also, a tutorial I was watching on the XPMSE said to put the skeleton mod at the very bottom of the load order, not that this affects textures. However, as a side note, I credit that piece of advice for not having any skeleton or DSR issues. Just putting it out there.

Again, thanks for the reply - now we who are having this issue won't go nuts thinking it's our fault. :) 

Author
18 hours ago, KouLeifoh said:

Would there be a way to force the SAM scripts to work or no?

Author
On 12/23/2016 at 6:29 PM, Arenirn said:

Would there be a way to force the SAM scripts to work or no?

You can test it out by unequipping all armor, setting weight to 0, Samson to 0, Samuel to 0.  This should give you the default texture.  Adjust the values by 25 to see if the SAM scripts are changing the normal maps correctly.  From what I remember, changes done in the MCM menu should force an update to the character(s) modified.

2 hours ago, Arenirn said:

No, because it's there with no armor on at all

Ok. For the problem on your picture, I have the same

http://www.vectorplexus.com/uploads/monthly_2016_12/1.JPG.66ad099e9f888c7cbf633e9191ba4096.JPG

The texture of the hands seems brighter than the rest of the body. I realized this by making a new installation of Skyrim without ENB.
The use of an ENB attenuates this defect.

Author
2 hours ago, Etan said:

Ok. For the problem on your picture, I have the same

http://www.vectorplexus.com/uploads/monthly_2016_12/1.JPG.66ad099e9f888c7cbf633e9191ba4096.JPG

The texture of the hands seems brighter than the rest of the body. I realized this by making a new installation of Skyrim without ENB.
The use of an ENB attenuates this defect.

Yeah, I noticed it was still there when I did a complete clean reinstall of the game, so I'm assuming that it's a problem with the core Skyrim, which if that's the case, I doubt that it's something that mods would be able to fix

Author

This has been bugging me for awhile and I finally found the source of the problem:  malehands_0.nif and malehands_1.nif

When SAM's archive was recompiled, it included a fix for the hands which weren't done properly.  If your (human) hand meshes have the texture slits along the wrists, then you have the incorrect hand meshes.  To fix them, open the meshes from SAM's NIF libraries and copy the correct NiTriShapes over.  If that's too complicated, I've attached the correct ones I've been using until SAM gets officially updated.  Khajiit/Argonian hands have an entirely different issue if you try to use them in SkyrimSE (skin partition strips aren't supported).

SAMHands fix.zip

Author
7 hours ago, KouLeifoh said:

This has been bugging me for awhile and I finally found the source of the problem:  malehands_0.nif and malehands_1.nif

When SAM's archive was recompiled, it included a fix for the hands which weren't done properly.  If your (human) hand meshes have the texture slits along the wrists, then you have the incorrect hand meshes.  To fix them, open the meshes from SAM's NIF libraries and copy the correct NiTriShapes over.  If that's too complicated, I've attached the correct ones I've been using until SAM gets officially updated.  Khajiit/Argonian hands have an entirely different issue if you try to use them in SkyrimSE (skin partition strips aren't supported).

SAMHands fix.zip

Thank you so much for these, they fixed the hand problem, but for some reason they didn't scale with the Samson and Samuel sliders. (In that, with Samson and Samuel both at 0, they matched the arm perfectly, but with Samson or Samuel past 25, this happened)

20170106131754_1.jpg

20170106132157_1.jpg

Author
2 hours ago, KouLeifoh said:

Sorry, that was my mistake.  The vertex count is different.  So a new malehands.tri file needs to be generated.  Delete the old one and use the new one I've attached.  It has all 3 files and I've already tested it in-game.

SAMHands fix2.zip

None of that made sense to me, but you are a godsend nonetheless

3 hours ago, KouLeifoh said:

Sorry, that was my mistake.  The vertex count is different.  So a new malehands.tri file needs to be generated.  Delete the old one and use the new one I've attached.  It has all 3 files and I've already tested it in-game.

SAMHands fix2.zip

Woah, thanks so much Kou! ill be trying those right away, I too have a strange issue with the hands being enlarged and a large gap down the wrists.

sorry wont let me edit that last post, not sure if the nudity is allowed in a regular thread?

EDIT:  Nevermind, I deleted it just in case... text below from it tho...

yep that fixed the hands quite well, thanks for uploading that! :D  There is still the slightest gap in the right wrist to arm seam but its barely noticeable now and a massive improvement, the big gap down the wrists are 100% gone now, and the overly giant hands issue is gone, cheers!

Author
5 hours ago, infiniteone said:

There is still the slightest gap in the right wrist to arm seam but its barely noticeable now and a massive improvement, the big gap down the wrists are 100% gone now, and the overly giant hands issue is gone, cheers!

That slight gap is caused by my HDT body mesh mod.  The weights for the wrists might've moved slightly as I was adding weights to the butt, breast, and belly regions.  It's a minor bug, but I'll take a look at it later once SAM gets updated.

Author
On 06/01/2017 at 4:30 PM, KouLeifoh said:

That slight gap is caused by my HDT body mesh mod.  The weights for the wrists might've moved slightly as I was adding weights to the butt, breast, and belly regions.  It's a minor bug, but I'll take a look at it later once SAM gets updated.

There is also issue with the neck if you have to look at it.

Author
On 1/8/2017 at 8:41 PM, Khlas said:

There is also issue with the neck if you have to look at it.

I don't remember there being a neck issue related to the actual mesh.  I'll have to compare the vertex weights to be entirely sure.  Texture seams are common (even in vanilla) and they're mostly issues with the actual textures (color, normal, specularity, etc).  The original issue in this thread is a special case where the hand meshes weren't properly exported.

Author
6 hours ago, KouLeifoh said:

I don't remember there being a neck issue related to the actual mesh.  I'll have to compare the vertex weights to be entirely sure.  Texture seams are common (even in vanilla) and they're mostly issues with the actual textures (color, normal, specularity, etc).  The original issue in this thread is a special case where the hand meshes weren't properly exported.

It's about meshes gaps, not texture. In this case, there is the same issue than hands when I look close to the neck, but less pronounced.

As seen in these screenshots (I removed enb/graphics mods just to show it) :

175256enb2016120915060748.png

188617enb2016120915082983.png

I don't know if the issue is from the head mesh or the body mesh, but I tried everything and I can't fix it. I guess it's something wrong with the .nif files (especially malebody_1 and 0 (I use the HDT version)). But since the modifications aren't made by me I prefer to let it untouched.

Author

Alright, I double checked it in-game and there is indeed a slight gap in the neck depending on movement.  I'll see if I can find an automated way to fix it without having to modify each vertex weight.

Author
On 1/5/2017 at 6:46 PM, KouLeifoh said:

SAMHands fix2.zip

Mind detailing step by step how you generated the new tri file? I've been trying to do this for some time.

Author
On 1/12/2017 at 1:02 PM, foofight said:

Mind detailing step by step how you generated the new tri file? I've been trying to do this for some time.

I'm not sure if Bodyslide already has an automated way of doing it, but I'm using the old way.  It involves the BodyMorph program along with a script used in REBOL.  I attached it below if you don't already have it.

Assuming you already have morphs _1, _Samson, and _Samuel done:

1. Open the _1 morph mesh in Nifskope.
  2. Select the NiTriShape block of the mesh you're working with and then export to OBJ from File menu.  Repeat if you have multiple NiTriShape blocks.  Each must be individually exported (name them something like nitrishapename_1.obj to make it easier).
  3. Repeat for _Samson and _Samuel morphs.
  4. Run the Bodyslide_tools.r script in REBOL (in Windows, drag the script into rebol.exe) and then type "make-bsd" without the quotes.
  5. Select the _1.obj and _Samson.obj files that were exported (name the output something like nitrishapename_samson.bsd to make it easier).  This must be done for every NiTriShape block you exported.
  6. Repeat for Samuel morphs by selecting _1.obj and _Samuel.obj files.
  7. Run BodyMorph
  8. Right click to add a morph and name it Samson.
  9. Add another morph and name it Samuel.
  10. Click on Samson morph and then right click to add TriShape (name it exactly the same as the original NiTriShape in the .nif).  Right click to set the vertex delta file (the .bsd files generated in step 5).  Repeat for every NiTriShape block you exported.
  11. Repeat for Samuel morph.
  12. Double check to make sure the vertex count is the same between each TriShape's Samson and Samuel morphs.
  13. Save file and done.

It's important to note that the hierarchy generated from steps 8-11 should be reversed for NiOveride v2.0+.  The parent node will be the TriShape while child nodes are the Samson/Samuel morphs.  The BodyMorph program was created before that change.  SAM was originally released for the old format but got updated to use the new format.  To avoid compatibility issues, I include both formats in all of my mods.

MorphMerge.zip