Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EsperAngel

Help with accessories

I've converted and retextured some socks,and put them in game assigning them to equipment slot 53.While do they do show up fine and all,there's still feet and ankles and stuff underneath and they clip badly of course.
Is there a way to have the socks assigned to slot 53 and have the game remove the feet as if I equipped something in slot 37(which removes feet and is commonly assigned to footwear)?I want to be able to wear them with boots so slot 37 needs to stay off-limits.

18 hours ago, EsperAngel said:

I've converted and retextured some socks,and put them in game assigning them to equipment slot 53.While do they do show up fine and all,there's still feet and ankles and stuff underneath and they clip badly of course.
Is there a way to have the socks assigned to slot 53 and have the game remove the feet as if I equipped something in slot 37(which removes feet and is commonly assigned to footwear)?I want to be able to wear them with boots so slot 37 needs to stay off-limits.

Sorry for late response.

You can and have to assign different slots in armor itself (to which slot the outfit is to occupy while equipped) and in armor add-on (to which slot(s) the outfit is to hide while equipped) respectively, at least in theory.

To give an easy example, vanilla monk boots, ClothesMonkBoots "Boots" [ARMO:000BACD7], is to use only slot 37 while hiding both slot 37 and 38, as specified in  MonkBootsAA [ARMA:000BAD02].

Then, if more than one outfit try to occupy the same armor add-on (i.e. visual) slot individually, how such a conflict can be handled in the actual game? 

The key is DNAM>Male (or Female) Priority Value(s) in armor add-on (ARMA) data: MonkBootsAA was set this value (DNAM>Male Priority) as 10. It means that MonkBootsAA will win the conflict and appear as long as other conflicting outfit(s) only have lower value. To given such an example, YarlTorso01SleevesAA [ARMA:131B3517] for Balgruuf's noble cloth is also to hide slot 38 (calves), but only has 5 male priority value so monk boots will hide the calve part of the jarl's attire. 

I suppose that this kind of trick will also work for your socks if you set this priority value low (less than 5, to be hidden under the clothes, but to win the conflict with the NakedFeet [ARMA:00000D6E] with male priority value 0). 

I also afraid, however, that you may also have to tweak the mesh's assigned slot(s) partition with Nifskope or other software, found in NiTriShape>BSDismemberSkinInstance>Partitions. As for this part, my knowledge is really limited, sorry. 

Author of the topic Posted
17 hours ago, y_sengaku said:

Sorry for late response.

You can and have to assign different slots in armor itself (to which slot the outfit is to occupy while equipped) and in armor add-on (to which slot(s) the outfit is to hide while equipped) respectively, at least in theory.

To give an easy example, vanilla monk boots, ClothesMonkBoots "Boots" [ARMO:000BACD7], is to use only slot 37 while hiding both slot 37 and 38, as specified in  MonkBootsAA [ARMA:000BAD02].

Then, if more than one outfit try to occupy the same armor add-on (i.e. visual) slot individually, how such a conflict can be handled in the actual game? 

The key is DNAM>Male (or Female) Priority Value(s) in armor add-on (ARMA) data: MonkBootsAA was set this value (DNAM>Male Priority) as 10. It means that MonkBootsAA will win the conflict and appear as long as other conflicting outfit(s) only have lower value. To given such an example, YarlTorso01SleevesAA [ARMA:131B3517] for Balgruuf's noble cloth is also to hide slot 38 (calves), but only has 5 male priority value so monk boots will hide the calve part of the jarl's attire. 

I suppose that this kind of trick will also work for your socks if you set this priority value low (less than 5, to be hidden under the clothes, but to win the conflict with the NakedFeet [ARMA:00000D6E] with male priority value 0). 

I also afraid, however, that you may also have to tweak the mesh's assigned slot(s) partition with Nifskope or other software, found in NiTriShape>BSDismemberSkinInstance>Partitions. As for this part, my knowledge is really limited, sorry. 

Thanks for answering!
I do know how to set partitions,it's done easily in outfitstudio or nifskope.
So if I  assign the socks to slot 37(feet,same as footwear) and then lower the priority to less than 5,they will be able to be worn together with other items using the same slot,and show whwnever the higher priority item is removed?

5 hours ago, EsperAngel said:

Thanks for answering!
I do know how to set partitions,it's done easily in outfitstudio or nifskope.
So if I  assign the socks to slot 37(feet,same as footwear) and then lower the priority to less than 5,they will be able to be worn together with other items using the same slot,and show whwnever the higher priority item is removed?

Yup, I suppose so.

12 hours ago, EsperAngel said:

I've lowered priority to 2 and set them to slot 37 in both nif and esp,but when I equip the socks the boots are removed -.-' any ideas?

• Armor (ARMO): Slot 53 (only)
  • Armor Add-on: Slot 53+Slot 37 [+Slot 38]

Sorry for late response, but I'm not sure what you mean with 'removed'.

Does the socks disappear only visually? Or unequipped?

I mean unequipped.
I made the suggested corrections in the .esp but when I use either boots or socks they unequip each other as if they were different footwear

55 minutes ago, EsperAngel said:

I mean unequipped.
I made the suggested corrections in the .esp but when I use either boots or socks they unequip each other as if they were different footwear

Please double-check ARMO record (since unless the slot 37 is specified in both boots and socks you can equip both at the same time).

11 minutes ago, y_sengaku said:

Please double-check ARMO record (since unless the slot 37 is specified in both boots and socks you can equip both at the same time).

that's where my mystake was! thanks for the pointer.
There's still an issue with priority,I think : now both boots and socks are equipped together,but socks visually overwrite the boots.Do you think I should adjust the priority? I set it to 2,maybe it needs to be an higher number to be overwritten by boots?

You should set lower priority value for socks (2?) than boots (10?).

If priority setting does not works in spite of this tweak, it means that the mesh slot partition (37/38) for the socks is not assigned correctly in the mesh.

5 minutes ago, y_sengaku said:

You should set lower priority value for socks (2?) than boots (10?).

If priority setting does not works in spite of this tweak, it means that the mesh slot partition (37/38) for the socks is not assigned correctly in the mesh.

would you please take a look?what should I fix in the partitions?
Thank you for all the help you're giving me :)

socks.rar