Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Felio

Throwing it out there (SAM and related ideas)

Also different schlongs for different races and some and some extra complexions (maybe with normal maps?).
I've been experimenting on something, this is a simple and quick paintover of a custom Demonica face texture, which I copied to a male face texture. (it also has normal maps but it is barely visible, so I wonder if it needs it)

The cuts on his face came from a scar mod, the thing I made is the red wound around his eyes.

ScreenShot2956.jpg

ScreenShot2954.jpg

(A) morph(s) for knee/calf/ankle thickness.

Also full trans support (i.e. equipable schlongs and vaginas). If variable schlong shapes were added - there would no longer be any reason to bother with SOS at all. SAM would have fully surpassed it on all fronts...with one possible exception - the question of strings in save files.

..speaking of those pesky strings...is it known how  the two compare on that front? And is that something that is being considered with future iterations of SAM?

Author
7 hours ago, thegreychangeling said:

(A) morph(s) for knee/calf/ankle thickness.

Also full trans support (i.e. equipable schlongs and vaginas). If variable schlong shapes were added - there would no longer be any reason to bother with SOS at all. SAM would have fully surpassed it on all fronts...with one possible exception - the question of strings in save files.

..speaking of those pesky strings...is it known how  the two compare on that front? And is that something that is being considered with future iterations of SAM?

For vagina you are in the wrong forum. 

I wish there are more abs and chest variants, I edited normal map texture for different abs, but there are only 3 normal map texture for Samson (and Samuel each): SamsonBody_025_msn, SamsonBody_050_msn, SamsonBody_075_msn; I like to have more normal map texture variants for vary abs & chest shape, i.e SamsonBody_005_msn, SamsonBody_010_msn, SamsonBody_015_msn, ... SamsonBody_095_msn.

Changing nipple size and schlong shape is also great.

Thank Felio for this topic!

Thank Vector Plexus for coming back for SAM!

1 hour ago, Khlas said:

For vagina you are in the wrong forum. 

There is, apparently, no right forum for transman mods.

It is something that has never seriously been touched by a competent modder (there is a "mod" that moves the SOS sliders to zero but that's not really the same thing). Threads requesting it do, however, pop up from time to time (mostly on LL). That said, IIRC, when I asked him about it on steam a couple of years ago, Vector indicated he had no personal interest in the trans thing (of either flavor), and so doesn't personally want to put in the considerable work to do it (understandable and respectable). I tried my hand at it, but my blender meshes were embarrassingly sad things. So I was just "throwing it out there" to modders in the spirit of the thread. Also, and on the other hand, I tend to feel like mtf trans/"futa" support is one of the two areas of content (the other being schlong variety) that keep some people from making the switch to the superior male body replacer since many of the LL mods require or incorporate equipable SOS and running the two together can be problematic. So full trans support would free some people from SOS who would rather be using SAM and provide something entirely new to body replacers (with ftm support).

But full circle. Yes, I understand it's not necessarily a fun or fully embraced topic, and I apologize if I made anyone uncomfortable. I really wasn't trying to throw down an Eris apple.

Author of the topic Posted
3 hours ago, thegreychangeling said:

There is, apparently, no right forum for transman mods.

It is something that has never seriously been touched by a competent modder (there is a "mod" that moves the SOS sliders to zero but that's not really the same thing). Threads requesting it do, however, pop up from time to time (mostly on LL). That said, IIRC, when I asked him about it on steam a couple of years ago, Vector indicated he had no personal interest in the trans thing (of either flavor), and so doesn't personally want to put in the considerable work to do it (understandable and respectable). I tried my hand at it, but my blender meshes were embarrassingly sad things. So I was just "throwing it out there" to modders in the spirit of the thread. Also, and on the other hand, I tend to feel like mtf trans/"futa" support is one of the two areas of content (the other being schlong variety) that keep some people from making the switch to the superior male body replacer since many of the LL mods require or incorporate equipable SOS and running the two together can be problematic. So full trans support would free some people from SOS who would rather be using SAM and provide something entirely new to body replacers (with ftm support).

But full circle. Yes, I understand it's not necessarily a fun or fully embraced topic, and I apologize if I made anyone uncomfortable. I really wasn't trying to throw down an Eris apple.

There, there, I understand the frustration but I think the "wrong forum" content was simply an ironic reprise of the "not interested" comment Vector made (he explained his lack of interest in the female forms to everyone who asked him about something like that) not a way to dismiss your idea or brushing you off. What you suggest would be in fact doable, though I think it would require some extra tweaking to add the XPMSE vagina bones if you want that be a "working vagina".

Have you tried using an existing vaigina mesh refitted for SAM body to cover the hole in the crotch? It could be added as a separate AA/Armor to equip when the mtf character undresses, using slot 52 it would hide the schlong without the need of being a replacer.

I may have another guess coming but I feel it. So, it is that sizes of schlongs were bigger when the schlongs were erected, than when the schlongs were flaccid in case of SOS. But, both of erected nad flaccid schlongs are same size in case of SAM.

I guess that it will be great if SAM realizes its variability on SexLab.

3 hours ago, Kyoshi said:

I may have another guess coming but I feel it. So, it is that sizes of schlongs were bigger when the schlongs were erected, than when the schlongs were flaccid in case of SOS. But, both of erected nad flaccid schlongs are same size in case of SAM.

I guess that it will be great if SAM realizes its variability on SexLab.

AFAIK there's no difference in SAM and SOS erect/flaccid animations, thought in both there IS a sort of "difference" in the schlong size, but that's due to the bone position in the resting and erect position (in the flaccid anim the bones are closer together, while in the erection are more distant giving the impression of "elongating" the schlong).
There is a difference though in the bone scaling: In SOS most of the addons have all genital bones scaled differently to give the schlong a different look while in SAM the scaling happens mostly in the first two bones (GenBase and Gen01) and it is inherited by the other 6 (Gen02-06 and GenScrotum). Perhaps that's what makes the difference when the schlong is animated?

It would be nice to see complexions or race specific face textures. I made a quick one as an example (see it earlier in this forum), but the texture is not mine, I used a custom Demonica face texture as a base.
And here are some samples from the Dizona body - I haven't try it, SAM is much better, the only thing I'd like to have is the high poly head mesh and the hd face textures.

[Dizona Body] Race by lips

Author
On Friday, November 18, 2016 at 2:16 PM, Khlas said:

There was a modification for SAM in ladymoiraine that let you choose specific textures (normal, base, etc) I guess it's doable but it wasn't from Vector hands so it's been deleted.

I have this mod installed. Name's Unnoficial Sam, can't remember the mod author though

Author

In my archives I have many things that I have done for this mod x) and wet body is no exception. It is a pity there is no possibility to change the intensity of the wet body.

On 13/12/2016 at 6:59 PM, Ulfberth said:

what about an immersive sweaty wet function for SAM?

I was working on it, with the aim of of implementing it in SAMPLE, but I got a strange issue with the program freezing when applying it on certain characters (aka some freeze, some don't, still got no explanation for that)... :\

On 13/12/2016 at 3:59 PM, Ulfberth said:

what about an immersive sweaty wet function for SAM?

Sweaty Wet Function already works with SAM, just get the original one + the Redux one (both on Loverslab), and make sure to follow the instructions on both pages. And yes, you HAVE to download and put the CBBE textures inside your data folder and/or load them in your mod manager of choice. Hope this clarifies the matter.