Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Duncan

I want to ask for help.

Are you trying to Make Chris playable? I tried that, but the original mod has him as an NPC only head. Meaning, his head mesh is one simply stored as a NPC facegen. It might be possible to turn him into a separate race, but I haven't figured out how.

Admin
4 hours ago, RocketLombax said:

Are you trying to Make Chris playable? I tried that, but the original mod has him as an NPC only head. Meaning, his head mesh is one simply stored as a NPC facegen. It might be possible to turn him into a separate race, but I haven't figured out how.

You can, you just need to create a facegen nif and name it 00000007.nif or 00000014.nif (I cant really recall which one is). You wont be able to edit the character though, and if you do, you need to relaunch the game to revert the head facegen

7 minutes ago, Vector said:

You can, you just need to create a facegen nif and name it 00000007.nif or 00000014.nif (I cant really recall which one is)

It sounds iffy, but I might still have to try that! Thanks!

Admin
2 minutes ago, RocketLombax said:

It sounds iffy, but I might still have to try that! Thanks!

it depends on what you consider iffy, thats actually how the game updates the player character aswell, but loads a temporary created nif into memory instead (Expired once explained the whole mumbo jumbo but it was too technical for me to understand)

Make sure to replace the appropriate DDS references on the nif (Diffuse and Normal)

The downside is that you need to delete it if you dont want to use it in a certain save, and relaunch the game obviously. I dont know if Race Menu allows to add texture sliders, but you could do it for head shape at least

2 minutes ago, Vector said:

it depends on what you consider iffy, thats actually how the game updates the player character aswell, but loads a temporary created nif into memory instead (Expired once explained the whole mumbo jumbo but it was too technical for me to understand)

Oh, I don't doubt it works. The only thing that would be concerning though is what effect it would have on the player characters already in place, depending on whether a new game is started, or an old one is loaded. I suppose though, it should be as easy as removing that .nif of the Chris head though before loading a game. I do want to give it a try though.

Admin
11 minutes ago, RocketLombax said:

Oh, I don't doubt it works. The only thing that would be concerning though is what effect it would have on the player characters already in place, depending on whether a new game is started, or an old one is loaded. I suppose though, it should be as easy as removing that .nif of the Chris head though before loading a game. I do want to give it a try though.

yes, you just have to remove it. Alternatively, build a simple ESP just to allow check/uncheck on the loader, with the nif inside the BSA, that way you dont need to delete it. the ESP part can be "empty"

Author of the topic Posted
23 hours ago, RocketLombax said:

Sorry, my side of the file upload will always stuck, so I can not upload the entire file up.