Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

berk324

SAM Crashes Potentially Solved

I've been trying to use SAM for a while now and I kept getting these CTD's when I entered Whiterun. I also looked at posts of other people, one of which was "Game crashes on entering Whiterun - Is "SAM-Update Actor" Guilty? I was having the same symptoms with this person and saw that there were a few more like us in the same boat.

I never posted here before so I hope I'm doing things right. Here is what fixed it for me.

I already had Crash Fixes, and UseOSAllocators was set to 1. However I didn't have "AlignHeapAllocate=1".

Setting AlignHeapAllocate to 1 solved the issue for me. Now I didn't have a playthrough with SAM yet so I don't know if the problem will happen again, but without the setting it crashed 100% of the time. With the settings I am not getting any crashes so far.

Hope this helps someone else too.

I ran into this issue with a fresh install and was worrying about not being able to play Skyrim without SAM.

But your solution works perfectly !

Thanks for your help ! ?