Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zimmer

The Selachii - Shark Race support for SAM

I see Selachii - Shark race on this website https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/3368-the-selachii-shark-race/ only support Schlongs of Skyrim SOS. I try to download and install with SAM installed then try to open game and got crashed while after intro Bethesda. So, i make a request to this forum for any modders who can make Shark race support for SAM schlong mod. Just like Lykaios Wolf race did for SAM support. Hope someone can make this mod support SAM. Thanks You.

Someone made a tutorial on how to do this here 

But I've never used a custom race before so I have no idea how relevant it is. Maybe it'll help you, though

Author

That shark race is amusing and interesting at the same time.  Since the race uses custom textures meant for the SOS body, it will not work with SAM's body mesh due to texture UV layout.  On top of that, it uses the Fem Feet mod.

Author of the topic Posted
14 hours ago, Cyrus said:

Someone made a tutorial on how to do this here 

But I've never used a custom race before so I have no idea how relevant it is. Maybe it'll help you, though

I never had modder skyrim by myself but maybe i should try from tutorial u gave. I need more details about using modder software named Creation Kit if u have time to find it the tutorial. Thanks for tips.

9 hours ago, KouLeifoh said:

That shark race is amusing and interesting at the same time.  Since the race uses custom textures meant for the SOS body, it will not work with SAM's body mesh due to texture UV layout.  On top of that, it uses the Fem Feet mod.

That Fem Feet mod u mean in this link? https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/82390/?tab=files . So, I need to download it but which should I download file from this mod. There many files to choose from it.

Btw, from the document word about 'How To Make a Custom Race Sam Compatible' by jdronk said that need Fennecrace.esp and Racecompability.esm to load up. I only have Racecompability.esm install but no Fennecrase.esp. Where to get that mod?

2 hours ago, Zimmer said:

That Fem Feet mod u mean in this link? https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/82390/?tab=files . So, I need to download it but which should I download file from this mod. There many files to choose from it.

Btw, from the document word about 'How To Make a Custom Race Sam Compatible' by jdronk said that need Fennecrace.esp and Racecompability.esm to load up. I only have Racecompability.esm install but no Fennecrase.esp. Where to get that mod?

That was just the race he was using for his tutorial. But there's no point to even bother with this because as KouLeifoh said it's not possible for the shark race, so my advice was useless :D

Author

I was able to finagle it in the creation kit to work using the Orc body with minimal seam, will need to edit the textures to match the skin tone though and make a tattoo texture to make the patterns work a bit better. It wont have some of the niceties (fancy hands/feet) though but it works

Old example below :) 

Spoiler

20170504162646_2.jpg20170504163532_1.jpg

5 hours ago, TheOnionKnight said:

I was able to finagle it in the creation kit to work using the Orc body with minimal seam, will need to edit the textures to match the skin tone though and make a tattoo texture to make the patterns work a bit better. It wont have some of the niceties (fancy hands/feet) though but it works

Old example below :) 

Reveal hidden contents

20170504162646_2.jpg20170504163532_1.jpg

Looks nice and very good :D and only important need to match skintone colour. Do u still work for it? Im hopefully u work for it until now to fully support SAM mod until u publish yr mod in this site. Im really appreciate you making work on this. Good luck to you ^_^

Btw, just my suggestion or opinion. Can u replace yr using Orc body into Argonian body? I think it's better with Argonian body for Shark race looks little similar with their body and skin need minimal scale.

6 hours ago, Cyrus said:

That was just the race he was using for his tutorial. But there's no point to even bother with this because as KouLeifoh said it's not possible for the shark race, so my advice was useless :D

Its ok. Thanks anyway :) 

Author
9 hours ago, Zimmer said:

Looks nice and very good :D and only important need to match skintone colour. Do u still work for it? Im hopefully u work for it until now to fully support SAM mod until u publish yr mod in this site. Im really appreciate you making work on this. Good luck to you ^_^

Btw, just my suggestion or opinion. Can u replace yr using Orc body into Argonian body? I think it's better with Argonian body for Shark race looks little similar with their body and skin need minimal scale.

Thanks, Yeah I'd go back to it and see if i can get it to work, so far I have the face is almost the same, the tail and fin are a little more challenging :) 

Not sure if the argonian body would work as this is just uses the textures from SAM, so the orc textures are blank where as the argonian have that very specific pattern which would mess with the head textures and create a very obvious seam. The UV mapping is also a problem there cause not sure how to edit that in photoshop

13 hours ago, TheOnionKnight said:

Thanks, Yeah I'd go back to it and see if i can get it to work, so far I have the face is almost the same, the tail and fin are a little more challenging :) 

Not sure if the argonian body would work as this is just uses the textures from SAM, so the orc textures are blank where as the argonian have that very specific pattern which would mess with the head textures and create a very obvious seam. The UV mapping is also a problem there cause not sure how to edit that in photoshop

Nvm, Its ok with Orc body u using more easily since the argonian would mess u. Atleast u have make it work yr shark body and hope u have a luck to make tail, fin and match skintone.

Btw Im really appreciated for 'jdronk' make Lykaois race support SAM even some have little black texture on legs that its ok atleast not very seen. Maybe u can ask for get help from 'jdronk' that he knows to mod race support SAM. ^_^ (Y)

On 1/15/2018 at 11:05 AM, TheOnionKnight said:

Hey, TheOnionKnight. How ur working yr Shark race compatible SAM now? Any news?